The Olympiacos B Antiques Roadshow Thread.

ramsbottom

17 hours ago, eezzeetiger said:

I've heard Derby are about to lose their championship status in record £80m sale of a £40m stadium

You've only added a Greggs extension, so it's a stroke of luck FFP wise someone has stepped in with an offer.

Mel, naturally.

FTFY

All evidence points towards us not requiring the stadium to have been sold for £80m to pass P&S (most sources saying £50-55m was all that was required). It's not a figure plucked from the air.
It was valued at £55m 12 years ago, with improvements being made since. In the past few years we've seen: £3/4m on the Yard; £1m spent on a new PA system and UEFA grade lighting; a new undersoil-heating system with real/sythetic grass; concourse heating (first to have it in the UK); big screen in NW corner; and likely much more.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

All evidence points towards us not requiring the stadium to have been sold for £80m to pass P&S (most sources saying £50-55m was all that was required). It's not a figure plucked from the air.
It was valued at £55m 12 years ago, with improvements being made since. In the past few years we've seen: £3/4m on the Yard; £1m spent on a new PA system and UEFA grade lighting; a new undersoil-heating system with real/sythetic grass; concourse heating (first to have it in the UK); big screen in NW corner; and likely much more.

it still faces the pitch

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why, did Forest win a cup?

Just been looking through the Dead Sea scrolls and yes, Forest did win something.  Quite incredible really. By all accounts, the people (non believers) who “support” this outfit are of an opinion that it will soon be repeated.

2 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Just been looking through the Dead Sea scrolls and yes, Forest did win something.  Quite incredible really. By all accounts, the people (non believers) who “support” this outfit are of an opinion that it will soon be repeated.

I can only see Man United, Liverpool and The Famous Team winning European trophies...was that the name of their club before they went bankrupt?

8 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Is that the one that say's ' behold, the residents of Snottingham celebrated the mighty slaying of Oldham, Southampton. Luton twice and the European giant's of Malmo that hath given them cup glory with a mass burning of all football documents pertaining to the years before 1979 and after 1990 thus declaring themselves the greatest team ever despite them having empty seats for every semi final . 

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Did you know Nottingham was actually named after King Snot and was probably originally Snottingham?

I learned it from a youtube documentary about Danish Vikings.

The Kings first name was Sid I believe.

I have watched them when they have been TV and they look virtually identical to the team Rowett put out here for that one season where we sat with 8 behind the ball and scored from a high percentage of the few chances created whilst never having the ball.

we said it was incredibly boring to watch - which it was 

they think it’s fantastic to watch because they are so desperate for something that can be viewed as positive - in their minds

Archived