Derby coach attacked by villa fans

9 minutes ago, Needless said:

Are you not impressed by the outpourings of a random bloke on the internet? What shame for you. Anyroadup, at least you got to be cheekily condescending, which must make you feel all manly and superior. So that's nice.

Of course I'm manly and superior... that's what the internet was invented for!

Don't for one minute think we'd be having this conversation face to face!  :-)  happy0180.gif    happy0176.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ram59 said:

BTW, that minor athletics stadium is going to host the 2022 commonwealth games. 

After which it will revert to a minor athletics stadium, while the people who live nearby can gaze upon it in the queue for the local food Bank.

That's not a criticism of Brum, just the way this country works.

Civic pride for a month Vs a generation cast aside.

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Of course I'm manly and superior... that's what the internet was invented for!

Don't for one minute think we'd be having this conversation face to face!  ?happy0180.gif    happy0176.gif

I'll give you your dues, your banter is of a consistent quality. 

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

After which it will revert to a minor athletics stadium, while the people who live nearby can gaze upon it in the queue for the local food Bank.

That's not a criticism of Brum, just the way this country works.

Civic pride for a month Vs a generation cast aside.

Maybe they should have spent several millions more, had a think about what they could do to recoup all those wasted millions and then agreed a low ball offer from say a local football team (B9 postcode). Has a familiar ring to it.

12 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Maybe they should have spent several millions more, had a think about what they could do to recoup all those wasted millions and then agreed a low ball offer from say a local football team (B9 postcode). Has a familiar ring to it.

We'd be going well off topic if I replied.

So I'll just say well done those Villa fans behind the fund-raising.

2 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

Would you say the same if he was a Ram and celebrating a win with us?? 

.....I doubt it. He is allowed to support a team and be passionate, he is human. There are so many rules he has to obey, ffs let the man support the team he wants to.....

No I wouldn’t he’s proper pissed me off, think as you will I don’t give a flying one. This has really annoyed me and I’m venting that right here is that alright. If not, then disagree all you like. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Assuming you're being serious and I haven't missed the joke (which I probably have) then I really don't see what the problem is and I can think of much worse things to be absolutely disgusted with.

No joke missed, I know what the few pillocks did to the bus full of kids and it is an absolute outrage of that there is no disagreement from me. 

He has proper got my goat and I’m making my opinion known, it won’t change regardless of who agrees or disagrees with me. 

Im not a royalist.... can you tell

12 hours ago, Saity said:

Works both ways I’m afraid ...I was in fanzone and a line of Villa fans were filtering through next to the hoarding and some idiotic Derby fans started launching full cans of beer in there direction and hit a young girl in a Villa shirt full in the face ..she must’ve been no older than 12..well done ****** you should be ashamed of yourself but bet you’re not!!! ...pathetic ...and made me feel ashamed....

What a co-incidence, @Saity.  I saw that too, so we must have been there at the same time for the second time in the day!  Real shame these youngsters don't know their limits.....

12 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

He only supports them because he thought the Claret and blues was a wine bar frequented by Oxbridge “types “.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Oxbridge types may be posh, but they are also clever! Daytripper drunks who throw beer cans at their own are more his level of intellect.

13 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Assuming you're being serious and I haven't missed the joke (which I probably have) then I really don't see what the problem is and I can think of much worse things to be absolutely disgusted with.

I'm more disgusted by the presence of a monarchy in 2019 than I am by one of them celebrating at a football match.

1 hour ago, RedSox said:

What a co-incidence, @Saity.  I saw that too, so we must have been there at the same time for the second time in the day!  Real shame these youngsters don't know their limits.....

Yep very true RedSox Was great to meet you mate ???

Fortunate not to see anything like this in my day - only contact we had with Villa fans was on the tube to Wembley where there was a mix of Derby and Villa, good atmosphere on the tube and happy to have a chat before the match; around Wembley pre-match where the fans were again mingling without too much trouble; and when I got off my train back at Leicester station and was approached by a Villa fan who wanted a chat about the game, commiserated us on losing and wished us all the best for the next season and hoped to meet us in the Prem in 2020.

Every Villa fan I came across was friendly, up for a chat, didn't gloat after the game, and was generally like 99% of the fans who went - just wanted to go and see their team at Wembley and enjoy their day.

Unfortunately every team in the land has that minority who get absolutely pished and want to scrap with anyone who has the cheek to not support the team they do. Mindless thugs and it has no place in the modern game. Hopefully all the culprits - both Derby and Villa - will be identified and dealt with accordingly.

11 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm more disgusted by the presence of a monarchy in 2019 than I am by one of them celebrating at a football match.

Personally I'm not disgusted by either. I think there are far more important things in life to save such emotions for.

I am really struggling with this rich poor / republican politics BS 

uhhh ! the point is some yobs (and every team has them) indulged in dangerous criminal behaviour. Hope they all get spotted, arrested punished and banned. End of story. .. and the same for any so called Rams that lobbed beer tins.

I know Daniel, the lad in the DET article. I used to walk my dog with him on Rickneld Rec. He’s a good lad, has some problems with his autism but he is a Ram from the bottom of his socks and a good soul. It upsets me that he must have been unsettled as anyone would have been but the rest of us have our advantages. 

Getting all outraged and political at what Prince William might or might not have done at a football match has an integrity and intellect level pretty close to zero. 

Suggesting that decent behaviour is the right thing to do has F all to do with reading the Daily Mail, being left or right wing, republican or Monarchist. 

Rant over 

Sith Happens
On 29/05/2019 at 09:56, hintonsboots said:

Diane Abbott ?

Its amazing,  i cant say poo or Bamford but can say Diane Abbott.

On 28/05/2019 at 17:47, ashram said:

They have to behave the future King is a fan!!

Will they play in ginger?

Edit: I've got the wrong royal dude, haven't I?

Archived