Seriously and I'm not jesting

Just watching the winner for the 373rd time and Keogh was literally world class on that move.

And the final pass with the ball under his feet was simply incredible. 

Both that pass and Mounts goal when he was falling back showed amazing technical skill. 

Ive been saying for a while now that going forward Keogh reminds me of Mark Wright. Both are long striders that can ghost past players with ease. 

Ooo Mark was clearly better overall, but if Keogh could just avoid the occasional brain fart he'd be okay in the Premier League. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Just watching the winner for the 373rd time and Keogh was literally world class on that move.

Both that pass and Mounts goal when he was falling back showed amazing technical skill. 

Ive been saying for a while now that going forward Keogh reminds me of Mark Wright. Both are long striders that can ghost past players with ease. 

Ooo Mark was clearly better overall, but if Keogh could just avoid the occasional brain fart he'd be okay in the Premier League. 

Yep, it was fantastic that Bielsas spies were finally undone by the KGB- Keoghs Great Ball.

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I have watched it back and it was one of those moments when the moons and the planets all aligned. An inch too far forward or back and the first time chip wasn’t on. It happened and sent Derby crazy.

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've been shot down in the past for thinking Keogh reminds me of Wright when going forward. 

I used to love it when he used to step over the halfway line. My 1st Derby hero ❤❤❤

2 hours ago, Gritters said:

I have watched it back and it was one of those moments when the moons and the planets all aligned. An inch too far forward or back and the first time chip wasn’t on. It happened and sent Derby crazy.

We would’ve beat them in extra time with their 10 men (I maintain Malone wouldn’t have got sent off if they weren’t going for the goal. If keogh hadn’t have scored, they wouldn’t even have been that far up the pitch). 

And if they did a West Brom, and soaked up pressure, we definitely would’ve beaten them on penalties. 

I was dead calm when we were level, assuming this would be the outcome. And super calm when Marriott scores, knowing even if they scored, we had it in the bag. 

(Did get a bit nervous at the free kick after Malone got sent off though, 10 vs 10 going into extra time would’ve been squeaky bum time). 

Was a unbelievable goal, could scarcely believe what had happened when I saw it live... just watching that ball hit the net was almost surreal given the situation we were in towards the end of that first half! But yep what a pass by Keogh, it was first time as well! I’m sure there was a little luck that it went exactly into jacks path, but who gives a poo, when the moment came Richard stepped up and delivered with one of the most important passes in years. Unbelievable scenes, what a ducking moment it was, to concede three goals against Leeds and still score an 85th minute goal to see us beat them... unreal.

Mounts goal was a weird one for me as my view at the match obstructed any view of it, all I saw was the ball hit the net- I thought Malone had scored it! Wasn’t until the replays I saw what an unbelievable finish it was, he was almost on his arse! How on Earth he dug that out I don’t know, that truely was world class skill to still put that away, one of the best technical finishes I’ve seen... since Bennett against wigan?

Its a weird one with Keogh, cause across his Derby career his ball playing has normally been immense but he hasn’t done so much of it this season, probably deliberately, as the responsibility has been with Tomori- probably fairly as he’s one of the best ball playing centre halves I’ve seen at Derby. But that goal shows he’s still capable and we can switch between who goes and who stays to change things up a bit. Would love to see Keogh play premier league football with Derby, do feel however he’s one of those that could “maybe” step up, as he’s getting on a bit now and he’s relied on his pace in the past like Fikayo to make up for some lack of positional sense, if he loses his pace he could be a bit vulnerable. Would probably be more of a risk than Tomori given respective ages, but experience is also important so maybe Keogh edges in that regard.., regardless they both have some ability, let’s hope we make it up and we can actually see for ourselves whether they have enough for the prem!

Could you imagine it, if the dirties centre half had done that, the sky commentators would have had an orgasm. They kept on purring over their fullback going  forward and their young 19 year old, but Bogle hardly got a mention. 

It was so bad that I turned off the sound half way through the first half, until just on half time. 

3 hours ago, richgee1976 said:

I've been shot down in the past for thinking Keogh reminds me of Wright when going forward. 

I used to love it when he used to step over the halfway line. My 1st Derby hero ❤❤❤

The is isn't a bash, but the only difference is Mark Wright used to glide through midfield, with the authority & elegance of a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Keogh on the other hand looks like Ford Focus ST-3 being ragged around a Tesco car park.

Fair play to him though, cus a ungainly as he looks, he's one of the only players we have who actively enjoys breaking through the lines.

13 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The is isn't a bash, but the only difference is Mark Wright used to glide through midfield, with the authority & elegance of a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Keogh on the other hand looks like Ford Focus ST-3 being ragged around a Tesco car park.

Fair play to him though, cus a ungainly as he looks, he's one of the only players we have who actively enjoys breaking through the lines.

It's not the journey, but the destination ?

It was almost a bad ball actually, he over hit it and gave Marriott a lot to do. HOWEVER, as luck would have it, the slight miss hit made the keeper commit himself thinking he could get to it, and the rest, as they say, is history.

in the same way a forward might strike the ball from the edge of the area straight at the goalie, and a slight slice takes it into the top corner, suddenly he’s a hero.

Still, it’s nice that Keogh was in the right side of Lady Luck for a change, he deserves all the hero worship that comes his way.

1 hour ago, curb said:

It was almost a bad ball actually, he over hit it and gave Marriott a lot to do. HOWEVER, as luck would have it, the slight miss hit made the keeper commit himself thinking he could get to it, and the rest, as they say, is history.

in the same way a forward might strike the ball from the edge of the area straight at the goalie, and a slight slice takes it into the top corner, suddenly he’s a hero.

Still, it’s nice that Keogh was in the right side of Lady Luck for a change, he deserves all the hero worship that comes his way.

Utter nonsense, he took the ball from under his feet and put it where Marriott was in prime position.

3 hours ago, ram59 said:

Could you imagine it, if the dirties centre half had done that, the sky commentators would have had an orgasm. They kept on purring over their fullback going  forward and their young 19 year old, but Bogle hardly got a mention. 

It was so bad that I turned off the sound half way through the first half, until just on half time. 

It was just like watching Sheffield United

OVerlAPPiNg CeNTrE BAcks

10 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

What’s happened to Keogh rampaging forward to the centre circle and then turning round and going back?As of previous seasons.

turn around gtfo GIF

Brilliant move and ball,all credit to him.

I preferred that when it had the caption, 'This is Leeds heading to the Premier League'

Rambam2014
14 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

What’s happened to Keogh rampaging forward to the centre circle and then turning round and going back?As of previous seasons.

turn around gtfo GIF

Brilliant move and ball,all credit to him.

Not posted on here since we were at Wembley the last time. Just re-done my account to say this made me spit out my cuppa.

Well done sir.

tip_hat_small (1).jpg

Archived