Lawrence play off ban?

ramtique

Taking the TL incident a little further, if the ref hadn't given the penalty, Sky commentators would probably have gone with their usual lines of "well, there was definite contact, so Tom Lawrence had every right to go to ground" (Alan Smith's favourite saying)

Truth of the matter is that Sky Football will always court controversy if it gets viewers texting in or phoning.

At Sky they have their favourites as we all know lol.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

No real surprises. Look at the replies though ?, anyone would think world famous Leeds United are scared of one of our players.

Our Tom really is full of chicanery; he’s only gone and conned the ref AND the EFL..Don’t look around his eyes, look into his eyes ? ...321...etc ?

8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Our Tom really is full of chicanery; he’s only gone and conned the ref AND the EFL..Don’t look around his eyes, look into his eyes ? ...321...etc ?

He hasn’t conned anyone or anything in fact the West Brom player should have seen a Red Card. 

Clear contact. 

Try tripping someone at full tilt.  

You only need the slightest touch on the foot just ask any Rugby ? winger 

23 minutes ago, hope60 said:

At Sky they have their favourites as we all know lol.

You wouldn't suppose Sky are "Team Leeds" would you?

I remember watching league 1 play off final, Leeds v Doncaster years ago on Sky. Pre match "Leeds next step back to the big time" post match "??????????????? Why, why, we really wanted Leeds to win and we were so sure"

2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

I have been a Lawrence critic in the past - his antics and poor decision making for the final ball and poor defending, tracking back, tackling etc.

But, he is changing my mind, tracking back has improved

tackling has improved

the pass through to Nugent was awesome

He is starting to fulfil his potential going forward and add to that a work ethic to track back and make a difference

Good on him!!

My thought process does go to - How much of this is down to Frank and his team ?

To be fair there are those who would argue that Tom has been decent all along and nowhere near the ineffective non tracking poor attitude player that others see ,, sometimes it just takes a player having a cracking game in an important match for people to notice the other stuff he does , personaly I’ve always thought he put a shift in but wasn’t quite reaching great heights with his attacking play in the way he did Saturday, he was all over the park running at them and causing all sorts of probs for them ,, if we can get him playing with confidence like that anywhere near regularly then we have a very decent player on our hands

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

He hasn’t conned anyone or anything in fact the West Brom player should have seen a Red Card. 

Clear contact. 

You don't get a red card for being last man in the box for a genuine attempt to play the ball under the double jeopardy laws.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

You don't get a red card for being last man in the box for a genuine attempt to play the ball under the double jeopardy laws.

Attempted to get the ball i didn’t see it that way. Lawrence was round him and he stuck a foot out 

Not banned according to DET. Is this true? Why was this even a thing?

have to say I’ve been critical of him this season but he was brilliant on Sunday 

finally can someone have a word with the announcer fella at PP.  if we are four nil up after the first leg no mentions of Wembley.

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

3 refs had to get out of bed on a Tuesday morning for this? Pah!

Christ those replies! Leeds Twitter is the worst, which is all too easily encouraged by their media figures who are far too willing to pass the pitchforks round over trying to bring common sense.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Clear contact. 

@Curtains you have overlooked the way-obvious irony in my post and taken my post too literally. Read it again but this time push your tongue ? into the side of your cheek. Then say “arrrrgggghh”. ?

On 06/05/2019 at 16:03, Woodley Ram said:

How much contact do you need for it to be a penalty, a foul is a foul and if it in the penalty area its a penalty. You dont get two penalties for a really bad foul or half a penalty for an accidental foul 

or how hard does a ball have to hit a defenders hand same principal illegal contact is a pen regardless how heavy the fall

It annoys me that some Derby fans took this story up and plenty have suggested it was perhaps a bit of a dive or Tom went down easily. No no no!

In case you were incapable of seeing the foul on the Sky feed, here it is from behind the goal:

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It annoys me that some Derby fans took this story up and plenty have suggested it was perhaps a bit of a dive or Tom went down easily. No no no!

In case you were incapable of seeing the foul on the Sky feed, here it is from behind the goal:

It's a lovely run by Tom. And I really enjoyed the 'bad kung fu' tackle moments before. I might get the u8's practicing that at training tonight.

20190507_171352.thumb.jpg.438fa6b1cbdc67d646700ffb0878a26a.jpg

It’s not even like these Leeds fans understand that if he hadn’t been taken down he would have had a 1 on 1 with the keeper who was on his line.

He would have gained absolutely nothing from diving. He wasn’t travelling in to a sea of opposition players or on the edge of the box, he’d done the hard work and could have easily scored if he wasn’t fouled! 

46 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

@Curtains you have overlooked the way-obvious irony in my post and taken my post too literally. Read it again but this time push your tongue ? into the side of your cheek. Then say “arrrrgggghh”. ?

Mate don’t give Leeds fans any ammunition to have a go at us even if you were being  ironic.  They hate us as much as we hate them. 

Franny Lee didn’t like Leeds either. 

Archived