Lawrence play off ban?

ramtique

9 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Was he investigated for trying to deceive the officials?

To be fair, he was booked at the time so there couldn't have been retrospective action. I still don't get that one though, that you only get a yellow for trying to deceive an official but failing but get a 2 match ban if they buy it.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JfR said:

To be fair, he was booked at the time so there couldn't have been retrospective action. I still don't get that one though, that you only get a yellow for trying to deceive an official but failing but get a 2 match ban if you are a victim of the deep state conspiracy to keep Leeds utd in the championship .

FTFY.

To be serious a moment though, rules should be based on actions rather than consiqences and I agree with your point.

14 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I'm not sure how people watch replays where there is clear contact and still come up with rubbish like that. 

People have always seen what they want to see but how they can't see the contact is baffling. This whole thing has gone beyond pathetic.

I still don't get it. You see loads of penalties given for less every weekend but no one cares.

Sith Happens
40 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I'm not sure how people watch replays where there is clear contact and still come up with rubbish like that. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRaJiVZLZ4QgayAjfHhkZ

21 minutes ago, Grandadsawbloomer said:

Why did the 3 referees reviewing this claim just agree to take no further action. They should have supported the on field referee and come out and stated that all the available evidence made it obvious that he had made a correct decision.

It shouldn't really be necessary for them to do so. Tom was never charged nor was it announced by the FA that the penalty was being looked into, so I think it's normal that the FA, after what is a routine inspection of multiple incidents, wouldn't bother to make a statement. They didn't make a statement about there being nothing to answer for, even, that was only reported by various non-affiliated media outlets. Really, the fact he's not been charged should be the end of the matter, though with it carrying on as it has done, I can understand your point.

On 08/05/2019 at 19:03, Mr Tibbs said:

Absolutely, there was contact and the ref was in the right place, correctly awarding a pen. End of (or should have been) 

2 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

I would think if twinkle toes tommy is brought down in the box today it’s gonna have to be a stonewall pen for the ref to give it. The ref will defo think twice. 

Yep and that probably what some of this campaign from Leeds has been about. All part of the mind games........that said some of them are just wet lettuce leaf wanna be victims!

Archived