Lawrence play off ban?

ramtique

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

If someone, after watching this, tells me there's no contact then I don't even know anymore

This is what bugs me. SKY employ ex-pros as summarisers to give what's supposed to be a more qualified point of view compared to that of the average fan yet, even with the benefit of numerous replays from various angles, Hinchcliffe still maintained that there was no contact.  It came across as though no matter what was shown in the replays, his original opinion made during the live game was not going to be proved wrong. Even when it was blatantly clear that Bartleys' flailing left boot actually changed the direction of Lawrences' left foot he was still in denial, claiming that Tom slipped - he may well have done but AFTER contact was made.

Absolutely no case to answer - absurd if the authorities act otherwise. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

He was fouled and was contact 

And for me sky have sour graps about Derby if get him ban then make new chant about sky.

I like the current, 'Sky TV is ducking poo' chant to be honest. It's very simple but you can fill it with a surprising amount of passion, especially when chanting in unison with Leeds fans! We sing it every time we go up there on a Friday night (due to Sky changing the kick-off time) and it's always a highlight.

When Dwight Gayle was banned he was like Tom Daley jumping up and swallow diving on to the floor. This is very different.

Even if no contact and so no penalty , how do you decide that Lawrence took a deliberate dive rather than losing balance when trying to avoid the legs of the defender? The criterion for the offence is not whether it was a penalty but if there was deliberate deception. Don't understand some Derby fans stating definitely that it was a dive. Watch the premiership and you will see players diving in much less severe situations, and old lag pundits openly saying' if there is contact you must go down'.There are not lots of reviews of this type of incident for the Premier League.

I wasn’t close to it but it looked a brilliant run and was just about to shoot from 10 yards with only the keeper to beat then he went down with the ref who was very close giving a penalty- when I saw it again on TV there was just a small amount of contact on his left foot but to me it looked like he just slipped mainly - absolutely no reason to not shoot the ball into the net from there.

4 minutes ago, David said:

I think Sky internally would be happy it’s Derby v Leeds, viewing figures will be a lot higher than they would be from Boro v Leeds.

Viewing figures in the UK will better for a game involving Derby and Leeds than a lot of those premiership fixtures this season 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I wasn’t close to it but it looked a brilliant run and was just about to shoot from 10 yards with only the keeper to beat then he went down with the ref who was very close giving a penalty- when I saw it again on TV there was just a small amount of contact on his left foot but to me it looked like he just slipped mainly - absolutely no reason to not shoot the ball into the net from there.

Any slip came after Bartley had clipped his left foot

Plus, the FA would much rather say "ref got it right" than "ref didn't get it right" and there's very small contact to let them say it. It's a conspiracy of reality against Leeds utd!!! Bring back fantasy Leeds lived and glorious promotion to premier league to unversal adoration! It exists in the minds of leeds fans and to take it away is betrayal!

My concern here is not about what has happened or whether he’ll be banned or not.

But that the stigma of diving will stick and we’ll probably not be awarded a deserved penalty in the coming games. 

Sky are in the controversy business. Any chance to whip up anything of that sort, they'll take it. It's what they do. Disgusting, but that's the world we live in. It's not personal against DCFC, or malicious in any way. It's also a non-story, because it was a penalty and the ref was perfectly positioned to see it.

Relax.

1 hour ago, ramtique said:

Where’s the sky sports story about Liverpool player Fabinho getting banned for diving against Newcastle(much worse than Lawrence’s one)? Oh wait there isn’t one. Big club bias evident again.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Where’s the sky sports story about Liverpool player Fabinho getting banned for diving against Newcastle(much worse than Lawrence’s one)? Oh wait there isn’t one. Big club bias evident again.

Under FA regulations, successful deception of a match official charges only relate to alleged acts of simulation that either led to a penalty or an opponent being sent off for a red or second yellow card.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9007031/liverpools-fabinho-diving-newcaste-ban/

There doesn't even need to be contact anyway, the precedent was set in 2015 when Waye Rooney was awarded a penalty after hurdling the challenge of the Preston keeper and went down afterwards despite there not actually being any contact

It was argued that if a player has had to make evasive action to avoid being fouled then giving the penalty was the correct decision, and everyone just seemed to end up agreeing that with that.

I'd still call this (Rooney) the wrong decision, but I repeat, that's the precedent which has been set....

1 hour ago, Scouse said:

I certainly remember Harry Kewell selling the ref. a pup in the Premership game at PP in 1999, but I'm not one to bear a grudge!

You had to go and remind me - that's spoiled by Bank Holiday more than rain on the barbeque.

On the topic of bans and the like - Bamford back for the second leg, ex-Derby player, there's something spooky about it all.

14 minutes ago, JAT said:

My concern here is not about what has happened or whether he’ll be banned or not.

But that the stigma of diving will stick and we’ll probably not be awarded a deserved penalty in the coming games. 

Not getting a penalty when we should have has been happening all season so there'll be no change there

Its just sky sports creating a story to build the game up. They know the love hate relationship from the Don Revie, Brian Clough days. They already have spygate, Bamford's ban. They are building it up for an epic must watch game for the Saturday tea time viewers. I would,nt be surprised of lots of "Clash of 2 Championship giants" advertising from Tuesday/Wednesday onwards on their sports channels. They've already got the dream semi's with Derby V Leeds and the West Midlands clash Villa v Westbrom and the more they can put in the mixer to build the games up.

Archived