DCFC Awards Night 18/19

Ghost of Clough

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Well done Mr Keogh, the only player to win it 3 times, our captain and leader, would love it if he led us to the premier league, us Derby fans know a good player when we see one,  well most of us anyway.

Read it wrong lol, well at least the players and myself know he should have got it lol, but well done to Tomori, who was my second player of the season, hope he will still be here next year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

And the one we’ve all been waiting for....

Jack Stamps (Fans’) Player of the Season - Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori (CB)

It definitely should have been Keogh, but that’s taking nothing away from Tomori who has progressed more than any player I’ve seen at Derby. 

It’s even more frustrating that this means we’re even less likely to sign him next season.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And the one we’ve all been waiting for....

Jack Stamps (Fans’) Player of the Season - Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori (CB)

Let's hope that the trophy engravers don't charge by the letter or we'll have to sell the training ground to Mel's company as well

Thoroughly deserved win for him, though

Possibly my favourite loanee we’ve ever had. He deserves it, I hope he gets the chance to play a full season again next year, wherever it is, and he’s not wasted at Chelsea.

Came in slightly under the radar with the “higher profile” signings of Wilson & Mount hogging the attention, but Tomori’s been brilliant.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Possibly my favourite loanee we’ve ever had. He deserves it, I hope he gets the chance to play a full season again next year, wherever it is, and he’s not wasted at Chelsea.

Came in slightly under the radar with the “higher profile” signings of Wilson & Mount hogging the attention, but Tomori’s been brilliant.

I doubt anyone will get close to gorgeous George during his loan spell, equally Leon  Osman. Tomori is well up there though. 

15 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I doubt anyone will get close to gorgeous George during his loan spell, equally Leon  Osman. Tomori is well up there though. 

For me, the big difference is the improvement they've made. 

I'd suggest George was fully formed almost, and Leon was below his true level.

For me Tomori has come on in leaps and bounds, a natural defender at first glance prone to misreading the bounce and being caught out of position, and probably lucky that Curtis wasn't fit, if he was I don't think he'd have made such an impact.

Circumstances have meant he's had much more opportunity than I first thought, and to be fair he's taken the chance and come on so much he's gone from someone I'd gamble a couple of million on to be massively out of our reach financially!

If I was Chelsea, I'd wonder how much further value could be added from a  further Rams spell, and send him back next season.

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Mad how bad injuries have stopped Thorne, wasn’t on Luton’s bench again tonight 

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

For me Tomori has come on in leaps and bounds, a natural defender at first glance prone to misreading the bounce and being caught out of position, and probably lucky that Curtis wasn't fit, if he was I don't think he'd have made such an impact.

Circumstances have meant he's had much more opportunity than I first thought, and to be fair he's taken the chance and come on so much he's gone from someone I'd gamble a couple of million on to be massively out of our reach financially!

If I was Chelsea, I'd wonder how much further value could be added from a  further Rams spell, and send him back next season.

James at Wigan has had an even more surprising season than Tomori, perhaps even more impressive. I saw they wanted £15m plus for him in the latest rumours, so I’d imagine £10-15m for Tomori. He’s worth every penny too, no doubt on his current trajectory that he’s worth double that in the next 12-24 months. 

It would be a smart investment for us, although the Football League wouldn’t allow such funding, of course.  

18 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Nice try! 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Guessing Popside got best forum judging by lack of news on here

No big deal - they give those awards out to absolute undeserving rubbish on occasion.

Was between Tomori and Keogh for me, probably would have given the edge to Keogh but Tomori certainly shouldn't be begrudged it. Probably my favourite loan player ever, you can tell he's passionate about the club and every game we play he's desperate to see us win. I'd be gutted if he went back, but he certainly deserves his Premier League move.

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

James at Wigan has had an even more surprising season than Tomori, perhaps even more impressive. I saw they wanted £15m plus for him in the latest rumours, so I’d imagine £10-15m for Tomori. 

I think that's about right.  People on here saying we should ask £8-10m for Bogle. Centre backs generally cost more. We can't afford it.  Even if we got promoted we might struggle to justify that price.  

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think people forget that during his loan spell Thorne only actually played 8 or 9 games, I have no doubt that if he had played all of that season though he would have been our greatest ever loan and we would probably have been automatically promoted. 

9 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Completely deserved. After the Leeds game and the mix reviews from Hull fans, I thought we’d signed a dud. I should have trusted Morris & Lampard more than that. 

He’ll have a great career, and can go right to the top if he fine tunes a few aspects of his game. 

I'm with you, early on in the season I thought that it was obvious that he was a rookie and was in for a shocker of a season.

Taking a read back to see what people though of him in the first quarter of the season would be very interesting. If I remember rightly, there were a lot calling for him to be moved to right back!

Undoubtedly the biggest improvement I've seen during a season and can't argue with him winning the award, Keogh edged him just though for consistency in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I think that's about right.  People on here saying we should ask £8-10m for Bogle. Centre backs generally cost more. We can't afford it.  Even if we got promoted we might struggle to justify that price.  

We get £180m and can’t pay £10m for Tomori?

Archived