Tom Lawrence

Big Trav

22 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Absolute balderdash

1) I don't want Holmes on the wing - I want him bursting through central midfield

2) Lawrence is quality

Holmes and Wilson are interchangeable and can rotate positions during the game. It will make us more unpredictable if they rotate with each other in games.

Ive yet to see evidence of Lawrence’s quality on a consistent basis. I’m really not convinced by him, I fear I was blinded by seeing his highlights reel for Ipswich. More proof that YouTube clips don’t mean a great deal. He very well may be quality but what is he quality at? I don’t see one outstanding attribute that he has. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Alpha said:

So the forum should be a place of cheerleading? 

Are we here to talk about football or to stroke egos? 

If I think Joe Bloggs is crap then this isn't the place to talk about his performances. If Joe Bloggs is a striker and has scored 1 in 20 then I should really focus on that 1 goal and then maybe thanks to this forum he'll sort himself out?

Are you assuming that people that criticise players on here are not encouraging them at the matches?

I don't get this forum cheerleading thing. There are moaners that find negatives in everything and there's people that find positives in everything. There are balanced people too. It's a forum built on opinions. Give out scripts and watch it die.

Alpha I understand this is a forum and people have opinions but sometimes those opinions can be seen as abusive and totally unproductive.

All players have bad games but some seem to take the brunt of bad performances more than others which is what pisses me off.

Keogh, Lawrence, Forsyth, Josefzoon....all take the flack for a bad performance but people like Mount, Bogle and Waghorn can do no wrong even when they clearly have off days.

My issue is that if you say these things on a forum I’m guessing you also say these thinks on match day which helps no one.

12 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

chatting with Mel

When I was in work there was a name for people cosying up with the big bosses! Just joking of course, Mel doesn't interfere in team matters.

I don't rate TL much as you know but I have noticed one thing: He looks a lot better when Derby play with pace and high tempo, when the mid field are moving off the ball and creating space. Trouble is we have this pass across the back mentality that is killing our midfield creativity.

Lawrence was running about but nobody was picking him out. In a ten minute spell we made 52 passes, 36 in our half and between our defenders. Only 6 times was a shortish forward pass made to a midfielder. 10 times it was hit long with limited success. 

Despite his total marmite ability at games he has the ability to win us one of the remaining fixtures weather it be at Bristol Swansea or at home to WBA so we should stick with him but he has to positively contribute during games or get him off 

I've been really disappointed with Lawrence for the majority of this season, but I don't see any huge merit in dropping him. We have too little depth.

Bennett has done very little in any game he's started and Jozefzoon has, well, done very little.

If Holmes is fit he'll be replacing the now injured Bryson, you'd imagine. So there isn't really anyone to put in for Lawrence unless you push Waghorn back out wide or play a youth player. May as well stick with him.

8 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Absolute balderdash

1) I don't want Holmes on the wing - I want him bursting through central midfield

2) Lawrence is quality

Quality?? Long time since I’ve seen it from our Welsh ‘wizard’.. looks like a potential word beater for a cumulative total of 45 seconds a match. As for the other 89 minutes and 15 seconds, less said the better! 

1 minute ago, ramtique said:

Quality?? Long time since I’ve seen it from our Welsh ‘wizard’.. looks like a potential word beater for a cumulative total of 45 seconds a match. As for the other 89 minutes and 15 seconds, less said the better! 

Good for you chap - Everyone has their own opinion and you are well within your rights to think that

7 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

If we can't secure Wilson and Mount for next season then Frank has to look at Lawrence becoming our central attacking player.

If we make Lawrence our central attacking player next season then you can get ready to be playing Forest and the rest in 2021. There is simply no way he is good enough to lead a promotion charge (btw - I concur that it is unlikely we will have either Mount or Wilson here next season, love to be proved wrong but loans that stay for two seasons are rarer than people who think Butterfield was good value).

I'm not being a hater, he just isn't good enough - end of.

If there's a person more supportive of Tom than me during actual games I attend, I'd be surprised.

That goes for every other player too, I don't even tut disapproval, never mind groan. 

It's called self-control, and a desire to not come across as a nob in front of stranger's, as well as a desire to support my team and it's players to the bitter end.

I don't think I'm alone in that viewpoint, and feel sorry for those who can't separate their thoughts and words from their actions, I didn't realise it was such a common problem.

so happy for tom i love him to bits and annoys me how much abuse he gets and not appreciated!! yes he gready yes he loses the ball and makes wrong decisions but be fair he wouldnt be in championship if he didnt!  but right or wrong at time its always cus he trying be positive and make things happen i will always suport him cus he ower player and think if mount and wilson wasnt around he would be our star player and man man 

On 23/04/2019 at 10:26, Sparkle said:

Despite his total marmite ability at games he has the ability to win us one of the remaining fixtures weather it be at Bristol Swansea or at home to WBA so we should stick with him but he has to positively contribute during games or get him off 

It was the Bristol game then!

Archived