Tom Lawrence

Big Trav

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame getting the ball and passing is pretty much the key role if a centre mid tone isn’t it??

In all seriousness, I actually think Lawrence could play centre mid if we wanted to switch systems mid match, or at least go more attacking. Think he’s not too bad at short passing, just doesn’t try it enough. In centre mid he’d be forced to and I think he’d be alright. Wouldn’t want to be starting him there too much or relying on him as a centre mid mind, he’s not really strong enough for me. He’s an option there but not ideal.

He’s too inconsistent and fails to deliver when needed. Watched him closely against Bolton and he’s more concerned with what the crowd are saying to him, the best way to shut the haters up is to deliver more consistently and show effort. The OP says he’s hard working I’d actually say he’s the complete opposite of that and when things don’t go his way or fail to come off he goes missing from the match completely 

if we have to raise funds from selling again this summer , I’d sacrifice Lawrence as he’s probably one of the only ones left with a decent value and I think easily replaceable 

I'd rather that we had flogged him to huddersfield when they showed interest, or alternatively fleeced stoke by moving on most of rowett's buys when he had money to burn.

for no apparent reason i feel slightly sorry for him. Don't know why because by staring at the crowd and cupping his ears he doesn't really help himself. we are probably going to lose alot of money on him. 

7 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I’m dying for lampard to play him in the centre of midfield. He’s a hard working player he’s tracks up and down. However he’ll need to learn to get the ball and pass. 

He’s dog poo, waste of money for flashes of talent, does not do enough.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Interestingly, talking to a couple of bluenoses, they felt he was out most dangerous player. 

Any one can run at a defence and look menacing if they have pace, but if he cant finish or get the right pass in then the opposition would be happy for him to run at them all day

As illuded to in interviews recently, players read these forums and other social media so always find it amazing the amount of abuse our own players get and in particular Lawrence.

The guy was miles better than Wilson yesterday and in previous matches but no one comes on her to praise him. 

I would hold my hands to my ears if I had just read this forum and in particular this post. He is our player and Frank likes him so must be doing something right as he is pretty much first name on the team sheet.

can we start backing him and give the guy a break, some supposed DCFC fans do my head in. 

Rant over!

He truly is poo though, which prevents me from backing him, sadly.

I thought it was a phase, and we'd soon see what possessed Rowett to spend £5.3m on him, maybe it was the YouTube highlight reel from his loan at Ipswich, but I've resigned myself now to the fact he's poo.

I don't rhink he's lazy, selfish or played in the wrong position, just that he's poo.

Sorry.

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He truly is poo though, which prevents me from backing him, sadly.

I thought it was a phase, and we'd soon see what possessed Rowett to spend £5.3m on him, maybe it was the YouTube highlight reel from his loan at Ipswich, but I've resigned myself now to the fact he's poo.

I don't rhink he's lazy, selfish or played in the wrong position, just that he's poo.

Sorry.

poo, you had better let Frank know how poo TL is because he seems to rate him but hey what does an ex international football legend know about football compared to your good self.

13 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

poo, you had better let Frank know how poo TL is because he seems to rate him but hey what does an ex international football legend know about football compared to your good self.

He's spent years playing it, I've spent years watching it. 

Put like that, I'd say I've got more rounded knowledge, tbf.

Archived