Tom Lawrence

Big Trav

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Close down the forum someone said a player played poo!

There in lies the problem , we treat forums as if they are private conversations with our Mates down the pub or whatever rather than open platforms there for the world and the subject of the critic to read and it s clear that there’s a good chance that a lot of derby players will read a derby fans forum ,

its one thing to state that you don’t personally rate a player and give your reasons why and another to call him poo where the swear filter stops you using the harsher word ,, 

if players / owners / managers are reading these forums then they are above saint status to me for not giving some of the more extreme posters a good/ fair dollop of hard truth back ,,,, imagine the uproar then ,,,  headline ,,,, player calls fan talentless know nothing loser 

be funny though

2 hours ago, Archied said:

There in lies the problem , we treat forums as if they are private conversations with our Mates down the pub or whatever rather than open platforms there for the world and the subject of the critic to read and it s clear that there’s a good chance that a lot of derby players will read a derby fans forum ,

its one thing to state that you don’t personally rate a player and give your reasons why and another to call him poo where the swear filter stops you using the harsher word ,, 

if players / owners / managers are reading these forums then they are above saint status to me for not giving some of the more extreme posters a good/ fair dollop of hard truth back ,,,, imagine the uproar then ,,,  headline ,,,, player calls fan talentless know nothing loser 

be funny though

Spot on this ??

22 hours ago, Big Trav said:

I’m dying for lampard to play him in the centre of midfield. He’s a hard working player he’s tracks up and down. However he’ll need to learn to get the ball and pass. 

He symptomatic of one of the reasons we’ll probably miss out on the play offs / promotion 

forgetting our indifferent displays defensively but he like Wilson will go through big periods of the game where u would honestly mistake the ball for a scolding red hot potato 

he tries to make things happen, which like Wilson I applaud and have no problem with 

what I do have a problem with is when we’re under the cosh, pinned in and they try something or a pass they’ve failed to compete 3 times already and we just gift wrap possession back to the opposition 

his game management like Wilson’s is poor and I simply wouldn’t trust him in the middle ... further up centrally perhaps.

mount shows perfectly how and when to do things 

1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

This is first after Keogh, Tomori, Bogle, Cole , Roos, Waghorn, Mount, Wilson You mean.

He was totally anonymous at Brum, along with Wilson.

Interesting that people see totally different games to other people when we all watch the same thing in effect.

I thought Lawrence did a lot more than Wilson. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

He symptomatic of one of the reasons we’ll probably miss out on the play offs / promotion 

forgetting our indifferent displays defensively but he like Wilson will go through big periods of the game where u would honestly mistake the ball for a scolding red hot potato 

he tries to make things happen, which like Wilson I applaud and have no problem with 

what I do have a problem with is when we’re under the cosh, pinned in and they try something or a pass they’ve failed to compete 3 times already and we just gift wrap possession back to the opposition 

his game management like Wilson’s is poor and I simply wouldn’t trust him in the middle ... further up centrally perhaps.

mount shows perfectly how and when to do things 

If we miss out on the play offs which is probably 60-40 probability at the moment imho it will be because we have had crucial injuries to the likes of Davies and Forsyth and we have had some shocking denial of penalties which has potentially cost us a lot of points and also we have left ourselves short of centre forward cover because Nugent wasn’t good enough anymore and we all knew that by Christmas 2017 

Lawrence is one of those marmite players and in the championship you cannot carry more than two players doing nothing in a game and at times we have been doing exactly that 

Lawrence can look wafty, and sides with him, Mount and Wilson together worry me in terms of getting out-muscled and overrun a bit, but at this stage I can't see why we wouldn't risk it and try to attack sides. Lawrence can score and create, especially from 10, so I'd play him if fit. Central midfield though? Very, very dubious about that idea.

1 hour ago, Needless said:

Lawrence can look wafty, and sides with him, Mount and Wilson together worry me in terms of getting out-muscled and overrun a bit, but at this stage I can't see why we wouldn't risk it and try to attack sides. Lawrence can score and create, especially from 10, so I'd play him if fit. Central midfield though? Very, very dubious about that idea.

Yep I agree especially with what we have got, if he ain’t at it - get him off 

The wingers position is probably the hardest to play these days. Sometimes the ball just doesn’t come, they make runs, Lawrence especially but the ball just doesn’t get played. We always try to go through the middle which is always crowded. 

Unkess your scoring 15 goals a season like Ince your seen as a failure, which really isn’t the case.

sorry but not everyone in the team can score 20+ goals a season. Just doesn’t happen.

17 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Unkess your scoring 15 goals a season like Ince your seen as a failure, which really isn’t the case.

sorry but not everyone in the team can score 20+ goals a season. Just doesn’t happen.

I tend to hope for one striker who gets near 20, my wingers to be close to 10, one midfield to chip in with 10 and roughly 5-10 from the defenders (ours are generally poor at set pieces both ends ?)

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

If we miss out on the play offs which is probably 60-40 probability at the moment imho it will be because we have had crucial injuries to the likes of Davies and Forsyth and we have had some shocking denial of penalties which has potentially cost us a lot of points and also we have left ourselves short of centre forward cover because Nugent wasn’t good enough anymore and we all knew that by Christmas 2017 

Lawrence is one of those marmite players and in the championship you cannot carry more than two players doing nothing in a game and at times we have been doing exactly that 

All teams get denied penalties and decisions against them

If u listen to the red dogs they’d have u believe they led be crowned champions if not for some of the terrible refereeing decisions against them

to be fair they genuinely have had some poor decisions against them none more so than that roofe handball goal 

so I’m not having the refs have cost us this year... all clubs would claim that 

as for Lawrence I agree whole heartedly he is a marmite player with fans 

I think they’res a v good and v valid reason ... his performances have been pretty marmite from game to game and within a game itself 

good player but blows so frustratingly hot and cold 

It must be pretty soul destroying to read a thread like this if you're a player.

That's probably why i feel some sympathy for him.

Hope the guy bags the winner tomorrow and comes on this forum to say “balls” to everyone.....that is 100% what I would do.

He is our player who has several assists in the last few games and outshone Wilson recently, some fans just want a scapegoat and someone to moan at.

I hope Lawrence does read this and realised that it’s just the minority that dislike him. Met him several times after matches and he’s a great lad and has swarms of fans round him that appreciate him and what he offers.

15 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Hope the guy bags the winner tomorrow and comes on this forum to say “balls” to everyone.....that is 100% what I would do.

He is our player who has several assists in the last few games and outshone Wilson recently, some fans just want a scapegoat and someone to moan at.

I hope Lawrence does read this and realised that it’s just the minority that dislike him. Met him several times after matches and he’s a great lad and has swarms of fans round him that appreciate him and what he offers.

Unfortunately i think its the majority who have reservations or doubts, but that is primarily because he seems ill suited to playing wide left.

ipswich played him more centrally i think.

image.jpg.c6035b0ce416c6c176f4313d2276b888.jpg

Archived