Birmingham City vs Derby County

cannable

2 hours ago, Popular side said:

I thought it was a complete drop off of form after Christmas for the last few seasons, I wouldn’t call that bad luck.. more like, the pressure starts to build and Derby buckle... like I said it’s down to personalities 

Usually happens after the transfer window, certainly last season I think we let very good players leave when we were very well placed and other seasons we signed some right dross in January on very high wages which helped no one which probably impacted  negatively amongst the squad 

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Unfortunately his decision-making was poor and he wasn't a lot of support for the defence.

fair point, like i said didnt always come off for him , but Tom doesnt hide away from home , he tries to make things happen attacking wise

We were, yet again denied a strong penalty shout with the Bryson being grabbed by dirty Gardener. Frank stated that in his recent reports about the claim for a penalty against Forest and Brentford, the report came back and agreed we should have had penalties. Thats, including the Birmingham game 6 points we have been robbed of by pooor refs.

11 hours ago, plymouthram said:

We were, yet again denied a strong penalty shout with the Bryson being grabbed by dirty Gardener. Frank stated that in his recent reports about the claim for a penalty against Forest and Brentford, the report came back and agreed we should have had penalties. Thats, including the Birmingham game 6 points we have been robbed of by pooor refs.

How do you know we would have scored the penalty?

Officiating hasn't been great but I still believe it evens itself out over a season. 

Without going back through all of the games from the season  I can think of 2 occasions where Tomori should have been sent off but escaped with a yellow card, and from memory we took 4 points from them games.

14 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Yes, all well and good but at least 30 pts have lost due to poor performances, never mind 6 from poor refs.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Yes, all well and good but at least 30 pts have lost due to poor performances, never mind 6 from poor refs.

This was such an 'out there' type of concept that I simply had to do some in-depth research. Having done so, I can in fact confirm that yo are absolutely correct. If we convert this season's 12 losses into 12 wins instead next season, at this point of the season we will have amassed 100 points with 3 games still to go. 

Easy, this football lark, innit!

Interesting, well not surprising, and not that interesting, more like, same old story, different day, that the Quest highlights didn't bother showing the hand ball penalty incident from Lawrence's cross/shot/pass in the first half. And then after Frank Lampard mentioned the Bryson penalty incident costing us another 2 points like the Brentford game, the lads in the studio didn't bother looking at the incident again, or bother discussing it.

Frank Lampard has still got to learn that we would be 4 points better off at the very least (well maybe, as we still would of had to score the penalties) if our name was Chelsea. The thing is our name is Derby County, we are still well down the pecking order whenever any of the British Media Channels show us or debate us, and that's exactly how the officials treat us. Brian Clough worked his hardest to put us in the media and he worked the media and the general public by putting the club up there with the so called big boys and at the same time was not being fully supported by the board.

On a slightly similar note I was playing football one Friday night about 6 months ago, and I was wearing some Derby County Training kit and whilst warming up one of the players, about 30+ years of age said "are you wearing that because of Frank Lampard, just for the retro look?"...........I replied "No, I support Derby County, I always have done, believe it or not!".......whilst calling him something, in my head!.......

Big clubs, little clubs, different rules, unfortunately.

17 hours ago, 86 points said:

This was such an 'out there' type of concept that I simply had to do some in-depth research. Having done so, I can in fact confirm that yo are absolutely correct. If we convert this season's 12 losses into 12 wins instead next season, at this point of the season we will have amassed 100 points with 3 games still to go. 

There is thirteen draws too ….you plonker 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

There is  ARE thirteen draws too ….you plonker FTFY you plonker

Ah, I think I'm getting it now. In order to get promoted, we need to have no poor performances, right? And poor performances can and do include draws, not just the losses right? So all we need to do to get promoted is win every game.

You're a genius mate. I wonder why none of our managers have worked out this most simple formula for success? There was me thinking you were just some old buffoon, tediously blathering on like some terminally dull, web-based Captain Obvious, when in fact you're a footballing mastermind. I stand corrected. ?

20 hours ago, 86 points said:

I didnt mention 12 losses. It seems you have created that statement to try and be clever.

Maybe you need to re read what i originally said . 

Then you wouldnt come across as a total plonker ?

5 hours ago, toddy said:

I didnt mention 12 losses. It seems you have created that statement to try and be clever.

Maybe you need to re read what i originally said . 

Then you wouldnt come across as a total plonker ?

Says the genius who felt the need to point out poor performances had cost us points. Wow. Really? Keep it coming old boy. We love ToddyFacts on here.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Is that your summary of the game vs Brum?

? Coinidentally, yes.

But I mis-posted here and couldn't be arsed to write Deleted ? 

Archived