Birmingham City vs Derby County

cannable

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agent Camp's usually kind enough to let us put 2 or 3 past him, so we're already halfway to winning this one. Just have to keep their attackers quiet and then on to QPR, where hopefully Agent Eustace awaits with open arms and open defense.

Tough game this, given our frankly embarrassing away record against similar teams. Birmingham probably the best of the lot of physical sides, an excellent all rounder team. This is the sorta game you’d rather go into wanting to take a point and move on as it could really go either way, but given how many times we’ve slipped up already, only a win will do here. Luckily Birmingham have been struggling a little recently so it should be possible, but we’ll need to be at our very best to expose their limited weaknesses. Will need to be extremely well prepared as well, no walking in thinking it’ll be easy, maybe our team will finally have learnt that lesson now after another dismal away performance on Tuesday.

After a performance like that I think you have to go with the same team in fairness to Lampard today, just hope they can stand up to the physicality. Well need the centre halves well up to dealing with long balls, need them practicing getting up and clearing headers to deal with the threat of jutkiewicz. Johnson needs to be shielding as well and not advancing too far for me, let the forwards do that work away from home and just sit in and break play up. Gonna need proper defensive organisation and shape here not that shambles we saw at Brentford, gonna want Roos to stop his flapping as well cause ngl it’s been giving me a bit of a heart attack! Want effort in closing down and not just allowing teams on to us, we need to be aggressive and ffs stop crosses and learn how to defence them cause with the big lad up top and our weakness at them, that’ll be monks tactic I can tell you that right now.

Don’t want to see any greedy duckers trying to show off and do everything either like we have done at times, work as a team, pass and move and wear them out that way. This match is pivotal as is every match left, COYR

This is the most important game that we have left and for me it’s a must win game.

If we win we put Middlesbrough and Bristol City under immense pressure, lose and it’s all over bar the fat lady...

We must be positive, win the ball high up the pitch and really go for it. The worst thing we could do is stand off and settle for a point.

C’mon you Rams!

Going, but not confident of a result purely based on away form recently. 

Carson

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Huddlestone 

Mount Johnson

Wilson Waghorn Lawrence

Most will want to see the same team as we won 4-0 on Saturday but i've never understood the logic. The XI needed to beat bolton at home is different to the XI needed for a tricky away game, proven by how the team from Saturday had previously performed against Blackburn. I'd bring Huddlestone in as his range of passing offers something different when we're struggling to break teams down. 

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Going, but not confident of a result purely based on away form recently. 

Carson

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Huddlestone 

Mount Johnson

Wilson Waghorn Lawrence

Most will want to see the same team as we won 4-0 on Saturday but i've never understood the logic. The XI needed to beat bolton at home is different to the XI needed for a tricky away game, proven by how the team from Saturday had previously performed against Blackburn. I'd bring Huddlestone in as his range of passing offers something different when we're struggling to break teams down. 

I would go with that team but would be concerned about the energy levels required from Jonno and Hudds in the middle.

We also need Lawrence and Wilson to produce moments of magic which we know they are capable of.

3 hours ago, Davide said:

Only Swansea have  poorer away form (last four matches) than us. In terms of last 8 matches, 17 teams have a better record than us. Really struggling away from home and more like relegation form rather than promotion. Thank goodness for our home record which is good. 

We haven't won an away game this year. We've got to break that run at some point. I dont think it will be against Brum, but i would like to think we at least wont lose. 

Usually we play badly when on the TV, but our away form has been so bad recently that i think the two factors will cancel each other out and we will win 2-0.

47 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We haven't won an away game this year. We've got to break that run at some point. I dont think it will be against Brum, but i would like to think we at least wont lose. 

Usually we play badly when on the TV, but our away form has been so bad recently that i think the two factors will cancel each other out and we will win 2-0.

86D9DDB4-702E-4428-8D10-470C7CC6D7E8.gif

Well Friday night TV matches have been shocking for us this year so we're due a decent performance.

Brum have picked up noticeably of late. Although both Leeds & Sheffield Utd saw most of the ball against them, they struggled to break them down. I suspect they will sit back against us also in view of how many we've scored recently (albeit at home).

Midfield going to be a bit of a battle - Johnson, Huddlestone & Mount would be my 3, Johnson to provide the muscle & the other two to try and open them up. Lawrence & Wilson also need to stamp some kind of impression on the match - its one thing playing silky stuff against Bolton, its another thing being able to play on a hostile away ground when we desperately need a win. Big night for Tomori and Keogh too with Che Adams & Jutkiewicz to contend with.

We've struggled in these types of games all season so I'm not confident - if we fail again, it will surely prove we're not ready for top 6 and with Bristol & Villa playing bottom 6 opponents earlier that day, it might make it mathematically unlikely.

Archived