Birmingham City vs Derby County

cannable

2nd half we need to gain some composure and not try the ridiculous hopeful pass, play it simple needs to be the message.

We also need the ref to stop the Blues' foul play; you watch him give a penalty against us!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I think the hand was above his head but I couldn’t see very well at the opposite end.

It wasn't, it was about in-line with his shoulder.

Exceptional performance from Waghorn in that 1st half, these sort of performances validate the fee we paid for him. Held everything up and fantastic finish for the goal.

A really entertaining game and everything to play for in the 2nd half but goes without saying we need to start defending quickly away from home. Was like Keystone cops at the back again the 1st half hour.

Well that was a frustrating half of football. Same problems again and again, slow starts and an embarrassing attempt at defending set pieces. It’s this repetition of the same issues that makes me worry. Once again we turn up away from home looking half arsed, lethargic and lacking concentration. Excellent game by Waghorn so far mind, and we’re still in it very much so. Need to wake up second half and focus more and gain some control mind, maybe time for Hudds?

Also frustratingly the ref, as per for English officials, has been appalling. Blatant handball missed, and no control over the Birmingham thuggery, been all over mount, Roos at corners, shoving going up for headers and barely anything given and certainly not enough yellows. I’d be furious if I was frank

1 minute ago, Srg said:

No, @SaintRam says so

I don't believe I've said they haven't been dogshit - they've absolutely been dogshit.

I just genuinely don't think it was possible for them to see the handball. So I don't feel "robbed". 

9 minutes ago, KCG said:

2nd half we need to gain some composure and not try the ridiculous hopeful pass, play it simple needs to be the message.

We also need the ref to stop the Blues' foul play; you watch him give a penalty against us!

agreed, although Bham are doing a very good job of closing down our options at the moment. Hopefully they will tire as the 2nd half progresses and we get more openings.

Bham like lots of other physical teams in this division know they need to push it to the limit against us as we let it phase us and we don’t have an answer/way to combat it. The ref is letting them go to far.

Hence why BJ is so important to us at the moment (that said he’s having his worst game for a while)

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Got to be able to beat these if we want to be taken seriously in the race for the play-offs. 

Birmingham did the double over Leeds this season, are people taking Leeds seriously?

1 hour ago, David said:

That Bristol City home form I was talking about ?

It's never been their home form I've been concerned about tbh! We need to get our shizz in order first and start winning matches away from home. It'd take big dips from Boro and Bristol for us to be able to do it on home form alone. 

Good scrap this, despite the amateur defending. Waghorn's best performance of the season so far, like a man possessed. Too many iffy performances across the rest of the team, need a couple to turn it on second half and we'll be in with a good shout. Ref's been alright so far for me, bar the handball miss. I like a good Championship battle so happy for him to be letting things go. 

Archived