The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ok, I want to see video evidence tomorrow of you and @G STAR RAM at work laughing along with colleagues whilst you mock different minorities using the same language as our esteemed leader. You have nothing to worry about as it's perfectly fine to say these things.

In what world is ANY sort of racism okay? What minorities are we mocking?

19 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

In what world is ANY sort of racism okay? What minorities are we mocking?

I'm sure we all agree that none is ok. The question is "is it ok if Johnson mocks watermelon smiles, bum boys or letterboxes?" I don't think it is but plenty of people on here have defended his words. I think @ramesses has analysed the letterbox article pretty accurately.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'm sure we all agree that none is ok. The question is "is it ok if Johnson mocks watermelon smiles, bum boys or letterboxes?" I don't think it is but plenty of people on here have defended his words. I think @ramesses has analysed the letterbox article pretty accurately.

It seems you don't agree, as you clearly stated earlier. 

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Diana Abbot been a 'racist' is not important. Doubt any white person has ever suffered slightly from the stupid comments she made.

Johnson using Letterboxes, Watermelon Smiles and Bum Boys is important. It gives idiots the green light to use such words to mock Johnson targets. He would be severely disciplined for using such language in the workplace. If you don't agree, get a few colleagues to stand around a black person at work and get them all to laugh at the "watermelon smile". Or point at a muslim customer and tell her she looks like a letterbox.

I would imagine saying white people divide and conquer and women who are blue eyed with blonde hair aren't suitable  for employment would probably result in dismissal.

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I would imagine saying white people divide and conquer and women who are blue eyed with blonde hair aren't suitable  for employment would probably result in dismissal.

As would being joyful over the death of innocent victims in terrorist attacks too i don't doubt.

44 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

your like a broken record.......not a black one tho, one of those retro coloured discs....sorry not coloured erm erm, oh just forget it

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

I thought you said Dianne Abbot being racist was not important?

Why is Johnson using racist language any more important than Dianne Abbot doing so?

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I thought you said Dianne Abbot being racist was not important?

Why is Johnson using racist language any more important than Dianne Abbot doing so?

It's not ok. It's just important. A guy planning to be PM by having a go at the Muslims is important.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Hasn't the last 500 years or so been about the white man dividing and conquering?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

But a woman wanting to be home secretary racially abusing white people isnt? As @Angry Ram said, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I should be ashamed of myself because Abbot's racism does not bother me but not because I think Johnson's Letterbox comments were clearly meant to cause discomfort to muslims?

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I should be ashamed of myself because Abbot's racism does not bother me but not because I think Johnson's Letterbox comments were clearly meant to cause discomfort to muslims?

Didn't hurt you so why are you bothered? Or does your argument only work when you have no answers left?

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Didn't hurt you so why are you bothered? Or does your argument only work when you have no answers left?

Because it hurt literally no one. Was there a spike in white abuse by blacks after Abbot's comments like there was after Letterbox.

I get it ok. None of you want to admit that Johnson's comments were terrible. Maybe you even thought they were funny, or even liked that he was having a go at the Muslims. We've had similar debates about Farage's clearly racist Brexit poster. But there must be a better defence than whataboutdianneabbot, as if I any the other 'far left Antifa fanboys' adore her and are always saying how great she is.

Johnson hasn't me yet. But I know people worried that he is in charge after his comments.

12 minutes ago, Norman said:

Not his finest moment tbf.. He will probably regret it tomorrow, when he thinks about it and realises he’s been a complete muppet.

Archived