The Politics Thread 2019

Day

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Because it hurt literally no one. Was there a spike in white abuse by blacks after Abbot's comments like there was after Letterbox.

I get it ok. None of you want to admit that Johnson's comments were terrible. Maybe you even thought they were funny, or even liked that he was having a go at the Muslims. We've had similar debates about Farage's clearly racist Brexit poster. But there must be a better defence than whataboutdianneabbot, as if I any the other 'far left Antifa fanboys' adore her and are always saying how great she is.

Johnson hasn't me yet. But I know people worried that he is in charge after his comments.

You miss the point. I'm not defending racist comments. You are. 

Can't believe you actually aren't noticing what you are putting. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Norman said:

You miss the point. I'm not defending racist comments. You are. 

Can't believe you actually aren't noticing what you are putting. 

You may have missed it but I said they were racist. I was responding to the usual 'whataboutdianneabbot' defence everytime Johnson's past vile comments are criticised.

30 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You may have missed it but I said they were racist. I was responding to the usual 'whataboutdianneabbot' defence everytime Johnson's past vile comments are criticised.

You may have missed all those lefties wanting to kill Johnson because of said comments. And not recognising him as PM because of them, and calling us morons for voting for him. 

But voted for Abbott to be Home Secretary. 

That's the point. Double standards.

Can't believe I had to type that out for you. 

Nevermind the Labour Party is riddled with anti-semitism. 

Its getting a bit personal now on here.  Suggesting other posters behave, or will behave in a racist way is out of order.  Surprised the moderators have allowed some posts to remain.

I think Boris Johnsons comments in the past are dubious,  surprised really he ever got to be party leader, but he is and was the strongest leader of the main parties. 

Is he racist?  In the true sense of the word i dont think so. I would probably describe him more as pompous, idiotic at times. He certainly is not the sort of person i could ever imagine myself having a pint with.

The fact hes the best person for the job right now probably says more about the others than it does him.

Is he a better leader than theresa may?  Yep, a better person,  no chance. 

Is he a better person than corbyn, Abbot?  I don't know,  i wouldn’t like to spend time with any of them.

53 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Hasn't the last 500 years or so been about the white man dividing and conquering?

Not exclusively no .  500 years ago it was the Moors.  400- 300 years ago European slaves were taken by Barbary pirates in raids on coastal towns , mostly Italy, the Netherlands, Ireland and the Southwest England.  They pirates were from North Africa, primarily Morocco and Tunisia.  Slavery as abhorrent as it was didn't start in the 16 century.

Conquering and nicking land has been going on since the dawn of time . Egyptians, Moors, Genoese, Vikings, etc etc .

Sorry.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not exclusively no .  500 years ago it was the Moors.  400- 300 years ago European slaves were taken by Barbary pirates in raids on coastal towns , mostly Italy, the Netherlands, Ireland and the Southwest England.  They pirates were from North Africa, primarily Morocco and Tunisia.  Slavery as abhorrent as it was didn't start in the 16 century.

Conquering and nicking land has been going on since the dawn of time . Egyptians, Moors, Genoese, Vikings, etc etc .

Sorry.

Phew I feel less guilty now

Just now, Paul71 said:

Genuine question. Should any of us feel guilty?

Whilst we weren't personally responsible for what the West did in places like Africa and Middle East, we still happily elect governments that continue the status quo ie sell arms to regimes like Saudis so they will sell us oil, invade places like Libya then leg it when it becomes even worse, arm and train freedom fighters in Afghanistan then wonder why they turn into terrorists, assist leaders like Saddam who uses chemical weapons vs Iranians then bomb loads of Iraqi civilians where our oil supply is threatened, turn a blind eye to genocide in Rwanda etc etc.

The part about Corbyn I liked is that there was chance we could do good on the world stage for a change. He got slated for saying he couldn't nuke another country and kill tens of thousands of innocent people. Nor could I.

I've always worried that Johnson is itching for war, just so he can play the hardman. His continual wartime references whilst negotiating a trade deal with our European friends is vile.

Archived