The Politics Thread 2019

Day

11 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I think the issue for me is calling Scotland a country. It is not, a country has its own sovereign government. Scotland has not had that for 300 years

It is a region of the UK and has no more right to be independent than say, Cornwall, or Yorkshire. 

Cornwall, Yorkshire, Scotland.

Finally a qualifying group they might win.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I think the issue for me is calling Scotland a country. It is not, a country has its own sovereign government. Scotland has not had that for 300 years

It is a region of the UK and has no more right to be independent than say, Cornwall, or Yorkshire. 

I understand where you are coming from.

But as a social experiment …

tell you what …

wear a body cam and go and find a back street pub in East Kilbride, there are some with opaque windows.

Pop in, state the above view, and then gather their feedback.

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

You do realise that none of us are actually bothered about the labels thrown at us.

We just like to point out the blatant hypocrisy. 

Farage is a racist

Johnson is a racist

Tommy Robinson is a racist

Ok, let's discuss Diane Abbots racist comments...

Oh no they've been taken out of context blah blah blah.

Its laughable.

I like the Johnson letterbox one the best. Why is context not being used there? He was defending peoples right to wear them. But oh no, this was a racist comment designed to cause division.

Keep fighting the good fight.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Daily Mail doesn't know if it's coming or going these days what with all these working class Northerners suddenly becoming Tory. They'll be calling for strikes soon so workers get paid a fair wage.

That was in 2015. 
image.gif.5c04906cd680f9dc65a64da54abd199e.gif

A leopard never changes it’s spots 

I see Thornberry is now suing a fellow former Labour MP now 

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Perfect, time for a couple of major wars in that time so he make his Churchill fantasy come true. If we win both, he might even become world king.

Yeah, he's just like Trump. 

And nothing like Labour. 

So your war argument is..... Oh, hang on, you're wrong again. 

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The sort of typical response that I expected.

I'll get you a broom for Xmas so you can keep on sweeping important issues under the carpet.

Diana Abbot been a 'racist' is not important. Doubt any white person has ever suffered slightly from the stupid comments she made.

Johnson using Letterboxes, Watermelon Smiles and Bum Boys is important. It gives idiots the green light to use such words to mock Johnson targets. He would be severely disciplined for using such language in the workplace. If you don't agree, get a few colleagues to stand around a black person at work and get them all to laugh at the "watermelon smile". Or point at a muslim customer and tell her she looks like a letterbox.

15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I like the Johnson letterbox one the best. Why is context not being used there? He was defending peoples right to wear them. But oh no, this was a racist comment designed to cause division.

I’ve just read that article for the first time.

Yes, it was clear that he didn’t support an ‘outright ban’ on something ‘only a tiny, tiny minority of women’ wear. However it was also clear that he was deliberately and repetitively using negative (and mocking) language and comparisons.

The main thrust of the article was to criticize and mock and I find it hard to believe that anyone reading that article would come away thinking that Johnson’s main focus was ‘defending people’s right to wear them’…

We're on dangerous ground talking about a certain religious head garment, these posts will probably get removed.

I find it ironic however that whilst Johnson clumsily argued for the rights of women to wear it, if the Tories hadn't won a majority in the election Brexit would be all but dead and we would be remaining in the EU and therefore at somepoint in the future been forced to ban it anyway.

Guy Verhofstadt wants closer EU unity and countries to forgo their various opt-outs, with numerous countries in the EU already banning the garment we would have inevitably followed suit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_dress_in_Europe

19 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Diana Abbot been a 'racist' is not important. Doubt any white person has ever suffered slightly from the stupid comments she made.

Yes it is. She is a high profile member of Parliament that should be trying to help us all integrate. Not using divisive, degrading language. As ever with her, she really doesn't help herself or the people she is trying to help. 

Archived