The Politics Thread 2019

Day

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So what is your occupation and do you pay into a pension 

Yep - I do. I know all about pension deficits. I work for a UK arm of a US global corporation. Our final salary pension had a huge deficit, then we merged with another company and as part of the deal, our side put up the cash to fully fund the UK pension scheme. It was done on the proviso that the pension scheme would not be closed for at least 5 years.

Within 9 months of the merger, the new CEO closed the pension scheme and took the money for other stuff. Like his massive bonus

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Yep - I do. I know all about pension deficits. I work for a UK arm of a US global corporation. Our final salary pension had a huge deficit, then we merged with another company and as part of the deal, our side put up the cash to fully fund the UK pension scheme. It was done on the proviso that the pension scheme would not be closed for at least 5 years.

Within 9 months of the merger, the new CEO closed the pension scheme and took the money for other stuff. Like his massive bonus

How many years did you pay in 

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Capitalist!!!!!!

I hate you. 

8 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

ducking bar steward

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Why on earth would you think that? More chance that the Tories wouldn't support it. Labour will not see the workers losing out, that I guarantee.

Aaah but once retired there’s the double whammy of them being both no longer workers and a lot more likely to be Tory voters. Corbyn’ll be spitting at them in the street. 

*My brain is recovering from a job interview today and there is every chance that this is total rubbish. For a change. 

40 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Aaah but once retired there’s the double whammy of them being both no longer workers and a lot more likely to be Tory voters. Corbyn’ll be spitting at them in the street. 

*My brain is recovering from a job interview today and there is every chance that this is total rubbish. For a change. 

I hope you were successful

11 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

If they introduce mandatory voter ID then the Non-Voters will have an even bigger majority!

Woohoo, is that the equivalent of a boundary change?  

I say if us non-voters can reach 50% the result becomes null and void and they have to give us a referendum on a new voting system ?

2 hours ago, Norman said:

22149106-0-image-a-36_1576149818638.jpg

Just noticed they both look like left shoes hahahaahahah

Grown men laughing at a woman with diabetes for making adjustments to her footwear to maximise her own comfort. That's nice

"God, Diane Abbot - why don't you wear NORMAL shoes that rub, so you get a necrotic ulcer and have to have your leg amputated"

2 hours ago, Norman said:

22149106-0-image-a-36_1576149818638.jpg

Just noticed they both look like left shoes hahahaahahah

I just can't believe people think this shadow Cabinet is fit to run the country. It's worrying when the only support you have is from activities. They are just utterly unprepared. 

3 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Grown men laughing at a woman with diabetes for making adjustments to her footwear to maximise her own comfort. That's nice

"God, Diane Abbot - why don't you wear NORMAL shoes that rub, so you get a necrotic ulcer and have to have your leg amputated"

You're just full of excuses. Stop making yourself look silly. 

28 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Woohoo, is that the equivalent of a boundary change?  

I say if us non-voters can reach 50% the result becomes null and void and they have to give us a referendum on a new voting system ?

All voting in a general election as to be made compulsory. Then provide the option on the ballot paper for casting a vote for none of the candidates.

A none vote needs to be 51% of the total vote, before referendum can be called, then great lets go for it. 

Archived