The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Curtains said:

When BT gets nationalised it’s a big possibility that Labour won’t fund the pension deficit

Why on earth would you think that? More chance that the Tories wouldn't support it. Labour will not see the workers losing out, that I guarantee.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

How will they recompense shareholders and pension companies 

If BT have a pension deficit yet still manage to pay millions in bonuses to their top dogs then that suggests something is wrong no? Labour would sort that

TBH if you vote Tory I don't think you get to complain about this element of business culture though.

You get to say "I don't mind that my pension is at risk because we have to reward the bosses with massive bonuses on top of their massive salaries because they do an important job and if we didn't pay them millions they would move abroad or something. The safety of my pension is a price worth paying for the freedom to live in a neoliberal wonderland"

12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

When BT gets nationalised it’s a big possibility that Labour won’t fund the pension deficit

Oh activists are also yet again claiming he'll end tuition fees and clear their debts. Right before the election, not in the manifesto. Utterly disgraceful. Absolutely no way of funding it. I can't believe anyone would vote for Labour other than to protest. 

Just now, SchtivePesley said:

If BT have a pension deficit yet still manage to pay millions in bonuses to their top dogs then that suggests something is wrong no? Labour would sort that

TBH if you vote Tory I don't think you get to complain about this element of business culture though.

You get to say "I don't mind that my pension is at risk because we have to reward the bosses with massive bonuses on top of their massive salaries because they do an important job and if we didn't pay them millions they would move abroad or something. The safety of my pension is a proce worth paying for the freedom to live in a neoliberal wonderland"

We all paid into our pension over 40 years. 

8 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Which ones?

Basically saying anyone, including his family are monumentally stupid for not agreeing with him. Actively saying people who dont agree with his views should be hated. Hatred towards his iwn family for daring to hold a different opinion. 

Probably all deleted by now. 

44 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I've not heard anything about pensions being lost. Where's that come from?

The Americans aren’t just requiring the NHS as part of our proposed trade deal, but they want some of our largest pension funds too.  It’s true, it’s true. I saw it on the Internet.

Archived