The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GboroRam said:

Just needs to hide for a few more hours - seems he's too prone to gaffes to be allowed out!

He's probably still trying to get out of the fridge.  Can't open them from the inside can you? Or was that some sort of urban myth my mum used to tell me when I was a kid.  Not sure what she thought I'd get up to when left to my own devices - if it hadn't have been for her telling me not to get in the fridge and shut the door behind me I'd never have thought of it ?

19 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes of course I do. 

Do you like Corbyn .McDonald and Sturgeon.

Are you joking 

How old are you !

I don't particularly care for them as people, no.

How on Earth can you like Boris as a bloke? I can sort of understand those who vote for the Tories because they feel that they're the right choice for the country, but to like him as a person? Think of all the bad things about him that are out in the open, let alone those that are kept under wraps.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don't particularly care for them as people, no.

How on Earth can you like Boris as a bloke? I can sort of understand those who vote for the Tories because they feel that they're the right choice for the country, but to like him as a person? Think of all the bad things about him that are out in the open, let alone those that are kept under wraps.

Have you checked out Boris popularity rating it knocks spots off Corbyn 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Have you checked out Boris popularity rating it knocks spots off Corbyn 

Did I ask for what the general public think about Boris as a person? And those ratings will no doubt be influenced by Boris' policies, and not his personality.

My question was: how on Earth can you like Boris Johnson as a man? Forgetting his policies.

For the first time in my life I've voted independent. I was pondering for a minute thinking, my word, it's either vote far-right, far-left or vote for the Liberal Democrats who are the most illiberal party of the lot.

The state of our politics is an absolute shambles. If Labour had a good leader, they would easily walk this election. But Jeremy Corbyn is a joke of a man and so is Boris Johnson. They both represent everything I hate about politics, an extreme point of view when life doesn't work like that. Where's the true centralist party with balanced views on Brexit and other policies closer to home? 

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Did I ask for what the general public think about Boris as a person? And those ratings will no doubt be influenced by Boris' policies, and not his personality.

My question was: how on Earth can you like Boris Johnson as a man? Forgetting his policies.

I don’t mind Boris, yes he has made mistakes, haven’t we all. You don’t go through life without making the odd fook up along the way.

Wouldn’t say he is PM material as he does come across sometimes as a bit of a buffoon, yet look at the alternatives and he stands out for me as the best candidate.

Jeremy of the other hand, even trying to put aside his association/views on terrorism, just comes across as rooster. Can’t put my finger on why or what in particular, just his whole attitude.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Come on Boris  

You can do this  

Come on Boris !! Shut that loony left wing terrorist loving weirdy beardy clown up and out him back in his box. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

image.thumb.png.246cfe0887d7c0f181aeb32c9b67ffce.png

Says more about you than it says about Curtains if you genuinely dislike someone for the way they vote.

Of course it does.  It says I'm angry at the fact that the country has been gas lighted into thinking Boris and his party are the ones to sort out the extremely large pile of poo they've created through a decade of austerity.  

Irvin Welsh has said it best

"If you're thinking of voting for this c*** (Boris), I seriously hope you have a ton of money.  Cause if not, you're a ducking idiot"...

Archived