The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took a few minutes out to see what old tRUmp's biggest fan was making such a fuss about today. Glad I did. It's genuinely hilarious. Check out the colossal orange poo fountain questioning where the rumour that he wanted the NHS 'on the table' started? Comedy gold.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-03/donald-trump-says-nhs-has-nothing-to-do-with-future-uk-us-trade-deal/

Err, yes Donny, where did that rumour start?

Seems it's not just multiple engagements with Royalty that slips Little Donny's mind!  And this apparently is the cast-iron proof that Corbyn is the one who is telling porkies.

?

9 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

And I have been at dozens of orgies with teenage girls* - am I supposed to remember the names of all the other fellas??

*I have not Constable - it was a joke

Nearly 500 pages and you have finally managed to create a decent post.  ??

6 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Took a few minutes out to see what old tRUmp's biggest fan was making such a fuss about today. Glad I did. It's genuinely hilarious. Check out the colossal orange poo fountain questioning where the rumour that he wanted the NHS 'on the table' started? Comedy gold.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-12-03/donald-trump-says-nhs-has-nothing-to-do-with-future-uk-us-trade-deal/

Err, yes Donny, where did that rumour start?

Seems it's not just multiple engagements with Royalty that slips Little Donny's mind!  And this apparently is the cast-iron proof that Corbyn is the one who is telling porkies.

?

Try taking a day out from the cheap petty insults and people may take more notice of your posts.

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Try taking a day out from the cheap petty insults and people may take more notice of your posts.

I suppose the irony of you taking notice of my posts has escaped you? Perhaps if you consider being called Trump's biggest fan such an insult, you might want to consider not acting as such.

And if it's respect you crave, stop using pejoratives like 'snowflake' so often and start meeting the standards you demand of others.

28 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I suppose the irony of you taking notice of my posts has escaped you? Perhaps if you consider being called Trump's biggest fan such an insult, you might want to consider not acting as such.

And if it's respect you crave, stop using pejoratives like 'snowflake' so often and start meeting the standards you demand of others.

Acting like Trumps biggest fan?

What by pointing out that he has said the NHS is not on the agenda, and that although he may have met Prince Andrew he may not remember him?

Yeah you're right, that makes me a massive fan.

Crave the respect of someone who's posts resemble that of a playground bully? Behave yourself.

Think I've probably used the term snowflake once on this whole thread, in a post that was made in jest.

Dont let that stop you in your crusade to insult absolutely anyone that dare have a different opinion to you though.

Keep up the good work.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Acting like Trumps biggest fan?

What by pointing out that he has said the NHS is not on the agenda, and that although he may have met Prince Andrew he may not remember him?

Yeah you're right, that makes me a massive fan.

Crave the respect of someone who's posts resemble that of a playground bully? Behave yourself.

Think I've probably used the term snowflake once on this whole thread, in a post that was made in jest.

Dont let that stop you in your crusade to insult absolutely anyone that dare have a different opinion to you though.

Keep up the good work.

You're just chucking a hissy because you used a lie to support your argument and got called out for it. Yes I mocked you and yes you deserved it.

Stop telling obvious porkies, I'll stop calling you out. It's not rocket science.

10 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

You're just chucking a hissy because you used a lie to support your argument and got called out for it. Yes I mocked you and yes you deserved it.

Stop telling obvious porkies, I'll stop calling you out. It's not rocket science.

A hissy fit? 

I really am beginning to think you're either a school kid or someone who gets bullied at home or work, if so you really should report it. Taking your frustrations out on an internet forum wont fix your problems. 

Anyway back to the point. 

What lie did I tell? Did Trump not say the NHS is not on the table?

You did realise that the definition of a lie is not just something that you disagree with?

Of course if it is a lie you'll have no problem providing the evidence that the NHS is for sale? 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

A hissy fit? 

I really am beginning to think you're either a school kid or someone who gets bullied at home or work, if so you really should report it. Taking your frustrations out on an internet forum wont fix your problems. 

Anyway back to the point. 

What lie did I tell? Did Trump not say the NHS is not on the table?

You did realise that the definition of a lie is not just something that you disagree with?

Of course if it is a lie you'll have no problem providing the evidence that the NHS is for sale? 

See, that was easy wasn't it? 

See the piece where he states that nothing is off the table. Note also his subsequent claim that he does not know where the rumour started.

Of course if he's not lying then you'll have no problem providing evidence to support that assertion.

While you're at it, provide evidence that Corbyn is.

Perhaps you could also provide evidence that he does not know who Prince Andrew is?

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's a moot point - £9.2bn of NHS funding is already in the hands of private companies

https://www.nhsforsale.info/private-providers/

If you believe that post-Brexit - this will not increase dramatically as we negotiate trade deals with foreign powers then I have a bridge you may be interested in buying

Rather than us descending into petty arguments though - let's all spend that time reviewing the webpages at the above link instead?

7 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

It's a moot point - £9.2bn of NHS funding is already in the hands of private companies

If you believe that post-Brexit - this will not increase dramatically as we negotiate trade deals with foreign powers then I have a bridge you may be interested in buying

Rather than us descending into petty arguments though - let's all spend that time reviewing the webpages at the above link instead?

Really don’t have the time to plough through web links, but won’t a significant sum be related to PFI contracts agreed by the Labour Party?  

Petty arguments are easier, and more interesting, to follow.

18 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Hang on a minute, I thought a major argument against Brexit was that it could lead to the NHS being sold off?

Are you now telling us that it's been happening while we were in the EU anyway?

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hang on a minute, I thought a major argument against Brexit was that it could lead to the NHS being sold off?

Are you now telling us that it's been happening while we were in the EU anyway?

I think his argument will be that this this is happening under the Tories, regardless of whether we're in or out, but that it will be accelerated if we leave the EU because of a potentially murky trade deal with the US.

I've done very little research into the claim that the NHS is being, and will be, sold off by the Tories. But, if it is being privatised by stealth, then Stive's argument is plausible, and certainly not contradictory.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think his argument will be that this this is happening under the Tories, regardless of whether we're in or out, but that it will be accelerated if we leave the EU because of a potentially murky trade deal with the US.

Exactly this. G Star knows that, he's no idiot - he just likes to play dumb

17 hours ago, Uptherams said:

The Tories do not. Hence why they are pushing almost 45% in the polls. Brexit is nothing extreme. They are not made up of factions. Labour is and they are losing their core support, the working class. Labour is becoming the party of the identity politics voter. People who form minorities. Social justice warriors (many different factions), climate activists, Marxists, members of Islam, hardcore workers unionists, etc. The only none minority group is the middle class. 

You made the point that Labour et al had a problem with unattractive 'radicals', that they need to shed before they can get elected. I agree.

… But I think you are deluded if you think the Tories don't have an issue with unattractive personnel.

Diane Abbott etc get regularly hammered, but some of the ERG brigade are hilarious. They are noticeably media absent right now, I think they are all locked in the cleaners cupboard at Tory central office.

They have a strong lead in the polls because Corbyn is possibly the worst leader of all time, in terms of generating wide spread inclusive appeal, you probably have to go back to King John to get a worse one.

Corbyn being rubbish doesn't however make Bojo any less of a car boot Churchill.

It's the usual story this GE, vote for whoever you think is least **** ?

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've done very little research into the claim that the NHS is being, and will be, sold off by the Tories. But, if it is being privatised by stealth, then Stive's argument is plausible, and certainly not contradictory.

I think that Labour have privatised more of the NHS than anyone else.

38 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

That is just buying services for patients though. That is not selling off the NHS. 
All organisations and companies buy services. All individuals buy services. 

Archived