The Politics Thread 2019

Day

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bound 2 tease said:

Why can't Labour win enough seats to form a majority government   ? Is this election rigged ? Have you been using fact check uk ?

BTW A Labour majority = no need for an SNP deal.

Go to Britain elects twitter account and just spend some time reading what is posted there. 

2 hours ago, Uptherams said:

What do people think about no one paying national insurance until they earn £12,000 and income tax until they earn £12,500?

I think if you vote tory you will applaud it, but if you vote labour you will find anything you can thats wrong with it.

Had labour stated it labour voters would applaud it and tory voters find anything they can that's wrong with it.

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think if you vote tory you will applaud it, but if you vote labour you will find anything you can thats wrong with it.

Had labour stated it labour voters would applaud it and tory voters find anything they can that's wrong with it.

It just shows which party is lurching further to it's 'far' leaning. Most people don't want radical overhaul in reality such as what Labour proposes. Any other party leader and this would be a vote winning policy for Labour voters. 

These are the kind of policies and proposals i want to be seeing from Labour. They'll return to this, at the next election, hopefully. It's going to take a strong leader to have a clear out of the party though. 

5 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

It just shows which party is lurching further to it's 'far' leaning. Most people don't want radical overhaul in reality such as what Labour proposes. Any other party leader and this would be a vote winning policy for Labour voters. 

These are the kind of policies and proposals i want to be seeing from Labour. They'll return to this, at the next election, hopefully. It's going to take a strong leader to have a clear out of the party though. 

Will labour vote in the right leader?  they got the wrong milliband brother. Imho. Any chance David could come back.

Or hillary benn maybe.

24 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Keir Starmer I reckon would be intelligent and reasonable. 

I think starmer is a clever person but I still think he's looking out for himself rather than the party. Corbyn is very popular with the members and his policies ring well throughout the grass roots membership. Starmer, along with all his colleagues, quit in protest at Corbyn becoming leader. He supported Owen Smith for the leadership, the man who literally wrote the book on privatising the NHS. 

Starmer will say whatever propels his agenda, 

10 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I think starmer is a clever person but I still think he's looking out for himself rather than the party. Corbyn is very popular with the members and his policies ring well throughout the grass roots membership. Starmer, along with all his colleagues, quit in protest at Corbyn becoming leader. He supported Owen Smith for the leadership, the man who literally wrote the book on privatising the NHS. 

Starmer will say whatever propels his agenda, 

I confess that I don't follow the inner workings of the labour movement closely but do know that historically there has been great tension between the movement and the Parliamentary Party.

There is then a complete paradox in that the people who are popular with the movement appear to have zero appeal outside of it. A younger more energetic and articulate Corbyn perhaps? Does such a person exist?

45 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I confess that I don't follow the inner workings of the labour movement closely but do know that historically there has been great tension between the movement and the Parliamentary Party.

There is then a complete paradox in that the people who are popular with the movement appear to have zero appeal outside of it. A younger more energetic and articulate Corbyn perhaps? Does such a person exist?

Not saying she is a young Corbyn, bit Jess Phillips always seems great to me.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Will labour vote in the right leader?  they got the wrong milliband brother. Imho. Any chance David could come back.

Or hillary benn maybe.

It will end up being someone like Dan Jarvis. Labour needs a leader that accepts Brexit is a done thing and is pragmatic about immigration. 

He's someone capable of commanding a vote share into the 40's and a large majority. 

Archived