The Politics Thread 2019

Day

14 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I know - especially when the reactionaries come on and shoot down every progressive argument and have no other answers beyond limiting immigration. 

Okay so lets ignore my answers to your false statements and reduce it simply to immigration.  Why not call me out as a racist whilst your at it?

Lets ignore millions protesting against wars or bank bailouts/austerity.

Lets ignore a 4% of GDP increase now being spent on the NHS.

Lets ignore printing more money to solve the problem.

Lets just assume I shot down all of the above because grr immigrants *shakes fist*.  

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Okay so lets ignore my answers to your false statements and reduce it simply to immigration.  Why not call me out as a racist whilst your at it?

Lets ignore millions protesting against wars or bank bailouts/austerity.

Lets ignore a 4% of GDP increase now being spent on the NHS.

Lets ignore printing more money to solve the problem.

Lets just assume I shot down all of the above because grr immigrants *shakes fist*.  

Those aren't answers though - they are simply points to be made, and I accept them. I'm saying that the reactionaries (which I didn't specifically name you, but let's go with that - as you assumed I did anyway) - have no answers to the problems that we're trying to solve here. You claim to be interested in politics, but all you ever really do is shoot down progressive arguments - there is never a "we should try this instead". Apart from that one time when you said we should increase limits on immigration so that your kid's school didn't have to hire any more interpreters

4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

You actually believe that?

Well, yeah. 

One is a vote based on a manifesto that best suits you and country's needs, in your own opinion. The government is elected from it and so are MPs.....

Do you know what, this is silly. I can't even be arsed to type it out. 

5 million Labour voters voted for Brexit. I bet millions of those could not bring themselves to vote Conservative. So how would it be a good gauge of what the country wants?

10 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Those aren't answers though - they are simply points to be made, and I accept them. I'm saying that the reactionaries (which I didn't specifically name you, but let's go with that - as you assumed I did anyway) - have no answers to the problems that we're trying to solve here. You claim to be interested in politics, but all you ever really do is shoot down progressive arguments - there is never a "we should try this instead". Apart from that one time when you said we should increase limits on immigration so that your kid's school didn't have to hire any more interpreters

13fxst.jpg

15 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Answers or points being made... semantics.  I replied with a couple of facts to false statements.

Controlled immigration is 'something we should try instead' of course its not the answer that people accept so it will have to be said again in a couple of pages.  Explain how having an extra 300k people arriving in the UK next year won't put additional stress on the NHS, education, policing, etc. 

35 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

OMG, it doesn't actually does it - I feel so stupid for not realising that when it says we need to break free of the EU I should have realised that putting a picture of a load of non-EU refugees would be in no way linked to the picture behind. It's so obvious when you explain it like that.

Where were them non EU refugees headed to?

Please explain why a picture of refugees headed to the EU is racist?

25 minutes ago, Norman said:

Well, yeah. 

One is a vote based on a manifesto that best suits you and country's needs, in your own opinion. The government is elected from it and so are MPs.....

Do you know what, this is silly. I can't even be arsed to type it out. 

5 million Labour voters voted for Brexit. I bet millions of those could not bring themselves to vote Conservative. So how would it be a good gauge of what the country wants?

Do you think Boris might not be being true to his party faithful then when he stands behond a podium with 'Get Brexit Done' on it? You think he might be playing to the audience to get the numbers needed for a majority? You think? 

It seems you do from what you said above.

58 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

OMG, it doesn't actually does it - I feel so stupid for not realising that when it says we need to break free of the EU I should have realised that putting a picture of a load of non-EU refugees would be in no way linked to the picture behind. It's so obvious when you explain it like that.

Yeah, and how is been anti-Polish people racist. I hate all eastern europeans and don't want any of them over here. I also hate all Indian and Pakistani people but they are also caucasian. So how can anyone call me a racist if I am the same race as them. Seriously, some of you communists really need to sort of your semantics out when accusing people of been things they are clearly not. Or are you all anti-semantic too!

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Post of the month.

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Post of the month.

Does it explain why the billboard was racist though?

Refugees headed to the EU where they can get citizenship and move between EU countries.

Our public services are already under pressure without more refugees heading here to take advantage of them hence the title breaking point.

Where does skin colour even come into it?

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

Yeah, that's exactly the reason. I'm an idiot and you helped prove the point. I'm forever in your debt.

Where did I say you was an idiot?

I just asked you to clarify what made the billboard racist?

You said something about the billboard stating that the refugees were from the EU (which it didnt, nor did it even hint that they were).

3 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

You know, this country really should pull out of Schengen and put strict passport control in place to ensure Syrian refugees aren't allowed in. Er. 

How long would the refugees need to be in the EU before they could get citizenship here and then legally move between countries?

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, and how is been anti-Polish people racist. I hate all eastern europeans and don't want any of them over here. I also hate all Indian and Pakistani people but they are also caucasian. So how can anyone call me a racist if I am the same race as them. Seriously, some of you communists really need to sort of your semantics out when accusing people of been things they are clearly not. Or are you all anti-semantic too!

Where is the racism though?  Sly comments are frequently thrown around implying that certain people are racist despite the fact when challenged on subjects such as immigration they say repeatedly that they can see the benefits of controlled immigration and point out the failings of uncontrolled immigration. 

But hey, personally all ever do is shout down progressive arguments, despite advocating for controlled immigration I never put forwards any suggestions ?

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Here we go...

The Remainers have sniffed some posts that they can call racist and are back out in force...

They were so quiet as well this morning when actually being asked about politics!

If all else fails. Call racism.

Can't answer questions on politics? Racism

Don't like progressive ideas like free broadband? Racism

Don't like the current Labour Party? Racism

Like Brexit? Racism

Don't want public services and infrastructure completely crippled? Racism

Vote Conservative because there is very little option? Tory boy, racist, NHS ruining, Cameron apologising, war backing, knuckle dragging racist.

Archived