Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

5 hours ago, David said:

It’s a difficult question to answer, like you, I wouldn’t expect a forum admin to have access to the clubs owner, but I do and it’s a privileged position to be in.

I guess how goes back to when Mel took over and a post was made on the forum which was out of line, libellous, contact was made, I was invited along with several members down to Moor Farm to meet with him to clear the air.

During the meeting the line was shown, what was acceptable, what wasn’t. That day I was told any questions, worries or concerns the fans had on the forum to get in touch and he would quite happily clear anything up if he could.

True to his word Mel has done this, but I must stress it’s very rare I reach out. It would be easy to abuse demanding to know where the signings are, why we sold X or when the away kit is to be released.

TMI

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, RamNut said:

If we'd won at wembley then maybe new rules apply. 

The city would be abuzz. Frank would find it much more difficult to leave. And we wouldn't be signing freebies.

For me it’s the other way round ,I believe lampard would find it easier to leave having achieved promotion ( no basis to believe he is finding it hard decision to leave ) ,he would have done the job of getting us up and closed the chapter very tidily, 

Let's say Mel is genuinely awaiting news of the conversations between Frank and Chelsea, isn't that concerning in itself?

With Frank saying he cares about this football club, assuming he has a good relationship with Mel, you would think he would keep Mel in the loop on a matter as key as this.

It would suggest Frank is solely looking after number 1, with Derby County/fans/Mel featuring quite low down on his priorities.

The quicker we get shot of him the better.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Let's say Mel is genuinely awaiting news of the conversations between Frank and Chelsea, isn't that concerning in itself?

With Frank saying he cares about this football club, assuming he has a good relationship with Mel, you would think he would keep Mel in the loop on a matter as key as this.

It would suggest Frank is solely looking after number 1, with Derby County/fans/Mel featuring quite low down on his priorities.

Isn't it simply the case that you can't appoint a new manager and support that person with their plans once the old one has terminated their contract?

23 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I didn’t take the message from Mel as a comment particularly regarding the FFP delay rumour, more that nothing is sorted so there’s actually nothing to delay. 

Main message was don’t forget what I said on Wednesday on the type of manager we would be looking for. Go back and listen to the interview. 

And nothing has changed since Wednesday, FFP rumours are not true, we are not delaying any announcement.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Main message was don’t forget what I said on Wednesday on the type of manager we would be looking for. Go back and listen to the interview. 

And nothing has changed since Wednesday, FFP rumours are not true, we are not delaying any announcement.

Did you suggest Roy Keane with Martin O'Neil as his assistant?

6 hours ago, David said:

It’s a difficult question to answer, like you, I wouldn’t expect a forum admin to have access to the clubs owner, but I do and it’s a privileged position to be in.

I guess how goes back to when Mel took over and a post was made on the forum which was out of line, libellous, contact was made, I was invited along with several members down to Moor Farm to meet with him to clear the air.

During the meeting the line was shown, what was acceptable, what wasn’t. That day I was told any questions, worries or concerns the fans had on the forum to get in touch and he would quite happily clear anything up if he could.

True to his word Mel has done this, but I must stress it’s very rare I reach out. It would be easy to abuse demanding to know where the signings are, why we sold X or when the away kit is to be released.

So, you asked him when the away kit is being released ?. What colour is it? When's the day? Forget probable managerial changes, this is what we, and obviously you, really want to know. Spill the beans, I need to know now!

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

May be he is. Just because Mel isn’t posting updates on here doesn’t mean he hasn’t been updated.

14 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Is this a spoof? 

Well, it is an actual story in the actual paper. Quick read of his wiki page seems to fit with what melvin says he wants from New manager. Probably still a.Load of baalocks though

10 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Did you go to the games?  He started the bounce! He immersed himself in the club and the city like no manager in my lifetime. Cox Smith McClaren more successful but never connected with the fans like Frank has

He started the bounce? Get him a statue!

I haven’t got the patience to look back through tonnes of online articles but I’m pretty sure there was a sizeable wait between Lampard being linked and the announcement of his appointment last year.

Here’s a man who’s taking his time and getting everything right before he joins. He did the same at Derby and he’ll do the same now.

It may come across as selfish, and I’m sure he wouldn’t purposefully go out to ruin Derby’s per season plans, but we would do the same if we got our dream management job in football.

The fact he’s come in over the weekend to plan for pre season has been spun as a negative, because the move to Chelsea is dragging on.

Spin it the other way. Here’s a man who feels guilty about the situation and is coming into work and put us right for pre season regardless of his move in a couple of days time.

Lampard is not the guilty party here, it’s just the situation and timing that is skewing our thoughts on this.

12 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Is this a spoof? 

I could get behind that.  Out of work since October after a dodgy spell in Turkey and may be looking to rebuild his reputation (although I think he has more to lose than us.) 

A few blips but will focus on the 2 Dutch titles and cup success, a 65% win ratio at PSV and a real emphasis on promoting youngsters - Memphis Depay was one of his successes. Assistant manager to world cup runners up in 2010.

Left Fenerbahce after a few months of this season, but cited lack of resources for only 2 league wins, and his successor didn't do much better.

Only question here is, looking at the link with Gio VB yesterday, that makes a bit more sense to me as he is more clued up on the English game. 

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

Didn't say it was always great but if you didn't enjoy Norwich, Southampton, Manure and even Chelsea (not to mention Leeds 2nd leg) then no Derby side is ever going to meet your expectations. Equally, with a season under his belt, it's quite reasonable to expect progression though I accept you don't see it that way for whatever reason.

I’d expect to enjoy at least 5 or 6 games of any season

25 minutes ago, Rample said:

I could get behind that.  Out of work since October after a dodgy spell in Turkey and may be looking to rebuild his reputation (although I think he has more to lose than us.) 

A few blips but will focus on the 2 Dutch titles and cup success, a 65% win ratio at PSV and a real emphasis on promoting youngsters - Memphis Depay was one of his successes. Assistant manager to world cup runners up in 2010.

Left Fenerbahce after a few months of this season, but cited lack of resources for only 2 league wins, and his successor didn't do much better.

Only question here is, looking at the link with Gio VB yesterday, that makes a bit more sense to me as he is more clued up on the English game. 

Someone like Cocu would install that injection of positivity back into Derby, and arguably, would play a similar style of football.

Always treat Dutch managers with caution, however. Frank de Boer at Crystal Palace didn’t go down too well...

Dutch football produces great coaches, he would need a Director of football, or an equivalent.

1 minute ago, Jonesy90 said:

Someone like Cocu would install that injection of positivity back into Derby, and arguably, would play a similar style of football.

Always treat Dutch managers with caution, however. Frank de Boer at Crystal Palace didn’t go down too well...

Dutch football produces great coaches, he would need a Director of football, or an equivalent.

Mac III ???‍♂️

Archived