Derby County v Rotherham United

Bwash_Ram

35 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Must say, I didn't enjoy waggie's first peno (from my NE corner seat) and from the replay from behind, it looked even worse!  His second was much more convincing.

Overall, that was a fantastic all-round team performance, and for once, the whole team gelled.

For those saying how poor Rotherham looked, I'd suggest you look at the reasons why (they looked so poor)!

Keep it going, Derby... We can do this!

COYRs

Why, did the keeper nearly save it? Waghorn sent him the wrong way and slotted it in, looks like a good penalty to me.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Haven't you realised yet that we are crap, you can have the inquisition later as to whether it's Mel Morris fault for giving Sam Rush a blank cheque book to spunk on crap players, it's Morris' fault himself for overseeing the managerial merry go round then appointing a rookie yada yada but bottom line we're slightly better then the average mass of teams in this division 

We aren't crap. At times this season we have played very well against the likes of Chelsea away, Boro away, Norwich, West brom. Sam Rush is to blame for the situation in that he took the easy way out and bought players who is previous firm represented instead of scouting properly. Buying Bradley Johnson for £6 million and then paying him the same again over 4 years was lunacy!

We are slightly better than average and will gave to be slightly better than average to beat Brentford, Blackburn, Bristol City ,Birmingham and Swansea away.

51 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Away .they were given a soft and debatable penalty which won them the game.

We hadn't had a penalty at home all season until yesterday. Then like buses.......

they were both slightly soft penalties - particularly the second - which might indeed prove that these things even themselves out.

The 2nd was right in front of where I sit, the keeper got the ball but spilled it, he then made sure that Lawrence didn't get to it. I don't think it was soft at all. 

14 hours ago, Harrowram said:

It is a pity we didn't win the corresponding away game. Losing at Rotherham, Bolton, twice against Millwall and drawing away at Ipswich have cost us dearly.

Have you ever considered giving football up and trying to find a hobby that you enjoy?

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have you ever considered giving football up and trying to find a hobby that you enjoy?

He got bored of sticking needles in his eyes.

53 minutes ago, rustylee said:

The only disappointing thing is how vulnerable we seem to be to dead balls delivered into our box. They put 4 or 5 corners free kicks into our box scored from one and caused problems looked dangerous from the others not sure what the answer is but I do miss the days of goalkeepers that used to take control in these situations but it doesn’t seem to be the modern way .

Correct. We have conceded at least 3 goals almost in identical fashion...Aston Villa home, Rotherham home, Wigan (iirc), near post header from a left wing cross. Needs to be worked on ...it could prove very costly. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Away .they were given a soft and debatable penalty which won them the game.

We hadn't had a penalty at home all season until yesterday. Then like buses.......

they were both slightly soft penalties - particularly the second - which might indeed prove that these things even themselves out.

Having watched the penalties on the EFL programme last night, both peno’s were correct decisions. The first wasn’t a blatant, deliberate trip, but Mount did have his leg taken from under him. A clumsy challenge. 

The second was a definite peno as the keeper deliberately went for the legs with his hands. In reality he should have been booked for it.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

The 2nd was right in front of where I sit, the keeper got the ball but spilled it, he then made sure that Lawrence didn't get to it. I don't think it was soft at all. 

I think they were both penalties. Maybe lawrence was looking for it a bit as well. Sometimes given. Sometimes not. 

But its incredible that we have had no other penalties at home this season. I'm pretty sure that there would be more obvious fouls that produced nothing.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

I think they were both penalties. Maybe lawrence was looking for it a bit as well. Sometimes given. Sometimes not. 

But its incredible that we have had no other penalties at home this season. I'm pretty sure that there would be more obvious fouls that produced nothing.

Mental really, one against forest for example. Lawrence was basically karate kicked to the ground mid shot and we got nothing! Soft first pen yesterday I think but I think we’re due more than the odd soft pen after some decisions this season!

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Mental really, one against forest for example. Lawrence was basically karate kicked to the ground mid shot and we got nothing! Soft first pen yesterday I think but I think we’re due more than the odd soft pen after some decisions this season!

Good example.

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He didn't look as though he was looking for it, from my angle. 

We should have had quite a few penalties this season that haven't been given, as @Millenniumram says, Forest, I'm sure there was one against Swansea, Wigan away. We should have had 3 in 3 games in December, iirc. 

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

We aren't crap. At times this season we have played very well against the likes of Chelsea away, Boro away, Norwich, West brom. Sam Rush is to blame for the situation in that he took the easy way out and bought players who is previous firm represented instead of scouting properly. Buying Bradley Johnson for £6 million and then paying him the same again over 4 years was lunacy!

We are slightly better than average and will gave to be slightly better than average to beat Brentford, Blackburn, Bristol City ,Birmingham and Swansea away.

Can't you see how the last paragraph has totally undermined your own argument. If we're slightly better than average in your opinion then currently being 6th with the majority of the season gone means that either we are in a false position or we have been punching well above our weight. Or that we're not slightly better than average.

Easier question for you, where do you believe we should be in the league?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Isn't it great when you wake up the morning after a convincing win, and can play through every goal in your mind with a smile before your day starts?

It's a feeling that some will never know, sadly. Enjoy the good times! 

Angie, the same people who feel the need to moan after a 6-1 win, I mean 6 (yes SIX)- 1, before 24 hours have passed , will probably be the same people the first to moan when the chips are down if/when we reach the Prem.

Some people really need to smile and enjoy life a bit more.

5 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Who is complaining? I just wish Derby would play with more consistency.

Erm, you are complaining. We have just scored 6 goals at Pride Park for the first time,in fact it is the first time since we beat Tranmere 6-2 under TBE. And you are moaning that we lost away games, moaning that Lampard has been naive in those games. Moaning that we aren't consistent.

Is now really the time to be constantly complaining about those things?

Archived