Derby County v Rotherham United

Bwash_Ram

20 minutes ago, rynny said:

Erm, you are complaining. We have just scored 6 goals at Pride Park for the first time,in fact it is the first time since we beat Tranmere 6-2 under TBE. And you are moaning that we lost away games, moaning that Lampard has been naive in those games. Moaning that we aren't consistent.

Is now really the time to be constantly complaining about those things?

I am not constantly complaining. I hadn't posted for several weeks before yesterday. I am very pleased with the result and should give the side confidence when they play Brentford next Saturday. However taking a view of the season as a whole one of the major disappointments was the defeat and performance at Rotherham.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tears in my eyes, Bogle’s crossing was like TAA’s. Massive improvement to his crossing from earlier this season. Still a lot of area to improve with the consistency aspect of his crossing but when he gets consistency with his crossing over a period of games, it will be a massive asset. Waghorn in the box helps too with his heading ability. Johnson is our poor man’s Jordan Henderson, not the best of players but his style makes him awkward to play against. It’s difficult to leave him out how he has played recently.

I’d stick with that team for the rest of the season. Options like Marriott, Huddlestone , Bennett and Jozefzoon to change the game from the bench. A lot more positive than I was 2 months ago. I still don’t think we will finish in the play offs but with a strong end to the season, anything is possible. 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Away .they were given a soft and debatable penalty which won them the game.

We hadn't had a penalty at home all season until yesterday. Then like buses.......

they were both slightly soft penalties - particularly the second - which might indeed prove that these things even themselves out.

The second was stone wall. Was soft in the sense the keeper was beyond stupid to do it, but unquestionable penalty. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

The second was stone wall. Was soft in the sense the keeper was beyond stupid to do it, but unquestionable penalty. 

....and for a change a good decision by the ref to play advantage after one of our players was fouled just outside the box

19 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I mean consistently playing well and not dropping points to inferior teams.

We'd be Top 2 then by your measure as by default all the inferior teams would be therefore beneath us in the league given our totally consistent performance level at a high standard

Or can you define the hierarchy of teams which we should be beating to make your argument more transparent? 

Can start from Norwich and go downwards to make it easier for you

Listened on radio yesterday and was great. Crowd sounded brilliant, even before we took control. Great commentary too, minutes clap fro Ramage's bday was awesome. Crazy we never scored 6 at Pride Park.  The playoff lottery is back on our agenda. 4th time lucky surely!

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Listened on radio yesterday and was great. Crowd sounded brilliant, even before we took control. Great commentary too, minutes clap fro Ramage's bday was awesome. Crazy we never scored 6 at Pride Park.  The playoff lottery is back on our agenda. 4th time lucky surely!

The crowd were awesome and not just from one stand , great atmosphere 

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

I am not constantly complaining. I hadn't posted for several weeks before yesterday. I am very pleased with the result and should give the side confidence when they play Brentford next Saturday. However taking a view of the season as a whole one of the major disappointments was the defeat and performance at Rotherham.

I was referring to this thread, after winning 6-1 these are your posts

18 hours ago, Harrowram said:

It is a pity we didn't win the corresponding away game. Losing at Rotherham, Bolton, twice against Millwall and drawing away at Ipswich have cost us dearly.

It is the difference between automatic promotion and fighting for the play-offs. It is mainly down to naive management.

6-1 is great. But we have lost 11 games and lost to weak teams who we shouldn't have lost to. Hence we are where we are and the teams who have shown more steel and determination are at the top of the table.

6 hours ago, Harrowram said:

This isn't the under 10's .The club is losing money on a weekly basis, the loan players return to their parent clubs and promotion would have helped. My point is if we can spank a poor team like Rotherham at home why couldn't we beat them away/

3 hours ago, Harrowram said:

We aren't crap. At times this season we have played very well against the likes of Chelsea away, Boro away, Norwich, West brom. Sam Rush is to blame for the situation in that he took the easy way out and bought players who is previous firm represented instead of scouting properly. Buying Bradley Johnson for £6 million and then paying him the same again over 4 years was lunacy!

We are slightly better than average and will gave to be slightly better than average to beat Brentford, Blackburn, Bristol City ,Birmingham and Swansea away.

2 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Yes. Many times. Particularly after we lost at home to Millwall.

Who is complaining? I just wish Derby would play with more consistency.

harry potter shrug GIF

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

Why, did the keeper nearly save it? Waghorn sent him the wrong way and slotted it in, looks like a good penalty to me.

From my seat (NE Corner, so not the ideal angle), whilst it was clear that the ball went to the "foot end" of the keeper, as opposed to the hand end, (so I'd agree he "sent him the wrong way"), it initially looked (to me) that the ball had skimmed in off the keeper's foot.  The replay (from behind Wagthorn) shows the ball was actually a good 3 inches from the keeper's toes, so like you say, never in doubt!  ;-)

EDIT:

They're all "good penalties" when they go in!

Can’t argue with that,that away day at Rotherham was awful☹️

Every time I watch Tomori play he looks better. Was absolutely brilliant yesterday, he has all the attributes to go to the top. Bradley Johnson was superb. Regularly broke up play, his passing was good and he scored a great header. I suspected the season was done for, and it would be a top half but ultimately not in the playoffs, finish. Now I have confidence that we can still make playoffs and give it a decent go.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

From my seat (NE Corner, so not the ideal angle), whilst it was clear that the ball went to the "foot end" of the keeper, as opposed to the hand end, (so I'd agree he "sent him the wrong way"), it initially looked (to me) that the ball had skimmed in off the keeper's foot.  The replay (from behind Wagthorn) shows the ball was actually a good 3 inches from the keeper's toes, so like you say, never in doubt!  ?

EDIT:

They're all "good penalties" when they go in!

Not sure this shows it - I am no photographer as you can see ? I wish I’d waited another 1/10th of a second. 

345A67B5-D628-4771-82F6-ADBE5C42DF22.jpeg

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Was that the game where the stewards acted disgracefully?

Beat me up ☹️(that’s a gross exaggeration).

From what I’m told,being whacked by a steward at half time in the car park was a lot better than watching the 2nd half.

Archived