Derby County v Rotherham United

Bwash_Ram

8 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It is a pity we didn't win the corresponding away game. Losing at Rotherham, Bolton, twice against Millwall and drawing away at Ipswich have cost us dearly.

You’re right, but we’ve just won 6-1, is this really the time? I’ve just spent far too much on too expensive beer and a curry and I’m off home to rewatch the highlights of that and ducking enjoy it, I suggest you do the same

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great win, Poor opposition but only can beat what's in front of you. Mount makes such a difference, and Johnson suits that midfield with the attacking players bombing on. Was immense for me today him. 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It is the difference between automatic promotion and fighting for the play-offs. It is mainly down to naive management.

If you look at all teams nearly all of them will have games that on paper they should have got more, maybe West brom and Norwich will point to losing at home to that team with the naive manager as the reason they failed if they don't go up automatically.

Seems the Derby way, win 6-1 and the first thing that comes to mind are games we lost.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, eddie said:

I didn't go. Just got back from Belgium and had too many things to do.

Bruges again? 

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If you look at all teams nearly all of them will have games that on paper they should have got more, maybe West brom and Norwich will point to losing at home to that team with the naive manager as the reason they failed if they don't go up automatically.

Seems the Derby way, win 6-1 and the first thing that comes to mind are games we lost.

6-1 is great. But we have lost 11 games and lost to weak teams who we shouldn't have lost to. Hence we are where we are and the teams who have shown more steel and determination are at the top of the table.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Bruges again? 

We based ourselves in Ostend but went to Bruges 3 times and Ghent once. Found a fantastic bar in Ostend called 't Botteltje - something like 300 Belgian beers on the menu, and they are a hotel too, where every bedroom is themed on a different brewery, with a minibar as appropriate to the brewery. Definitely staying there next time, hopefully in June or July.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

6-1 is great. But we have lost 11 games and lost to weak teams who we shouldn't have lost to. Hence we are where we are and the teams who have shown more steel and determination are at the top of the table.

Maybe they are just better than us.

I know what you mean though, it was a lovely sunny day today but all i could think about was how wet and windy it was a couple of weeks back.

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It’s almost like this is football and you don’t just win every game just because you’re better on paper. 

26 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

It is a pity we didn't win the corresponding away game. Losing at Rotherham, Bolton, twice against Millwall and drawing away at Ipswich have cost us dearly.

How damaging would it be to the Championship’s reputation if we won 6-1 every week?

It’s the most competitive league in the world, but it is only that way because of Frank’s decision making.

Waghorn out wide? Holmes at right back? Mount locked in the cupboard under the stairs for two months?

All clear signs that Frank magnanimously decided against winning the league with 107 points in his first season in management.

Frank Lampard’s record breaking Derby County is a bit of a mouthful, after all.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, eddie said:

We based ourselves in Ostend but went to Bruges 3 times and Ghent once. Found a fantastic bar in Ostend called 't Botteltje - something like 300 Belgian beers on the menu, and they are a hotel too, where every bedroom is themed on a different brewery, with a minibar as appropriate to the brewery. Definitely staying there next time, hopefully in June or July.

Anything in old don quichotte yet?

Just now, Paul71 said:

Anything in old don quichotte yet?

They are converting it to a bloody gourmet restaurant. I had a sad when we walked by, seeing the builders in, so we consoled ourselves and drowned our sorrows by popping over the Markt to Staminee de Garre for a Tripel or two.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Stats say one thing, but Mount is, in my opinion, by far and away our best player. 

You still think Holmes is better than him still though or you changed your mind ?

Excellent performance today, great to have key players back who can influence a game, we have missed MM, but also TL. Let’s hope we can continue these performance levels.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, eddie said:

They are converting it to a bloody gourmet restaurant. I had a sad when we walked by, seeing the builders in, so we consoled ourselves and drowned our sorrows by popping over the Markt to Staminee de Garre for a Tripel or two.

Are they knocking through to next door, i think the two were connected anyway.

Must sort myself a trip soon 

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

It's a lot to expect from Mount on his first game back.

Likely to be rusty and theres no hiding place in central midfield.

If he can at least help Holmes inject a bit of tempo Wilson and others will perhaps be able to find space and get the rhythm back into our play.

Rotherham are nobody's pushovers and we have to be on our guard, especially when it comes to aerial duels. 

I think you can safely say you got all of this wrong.

Archived