Derby County v Rotherham United

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Brilliant performance, Wagborn, Mount, Johnson and Tomori the stand outs for me. Maybe important not to get too carried away, Rotherham were nothing short of diabolical and frankly embarrassing, can’t remember the last team I saw play that badly at PP.

Stoke

It was great today. First proper spring sunshine cast off those winter blues. Everyone back and any demons banished at the midweek positive forum. 

Tomori magnificent. Mount transformed a previously dysfunctional midfield. No flat spots. We kept it going for the full 90.

absolutely great. Impossible to imagine a performance like that under the previous regime.

22 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

no team can play better than opponents allow 

Not sure what you mean. Rotherham tried to be compact but we unpicked them and over loaded on the flanks. On the rare occasions when they mamaged to escape they weren't bad. They had a great chance to take the lead, scored, hit the bar, had one off the line, and forced one good save from roos.

stoke looked like a pub team. We dominated them and should have won.

The difference - everyone fully fit and raring to go.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Not sure what you mean. Rotherham tried to be compact but we unpicked them and over loaded on the flanks. On the rare occasions when they mamaged to escape they weren't bad. They had a great chance to take the lead, scored, hit the bar, had one off the line, and forced one good save from roos.

stoke looked like a pub team. We dominated them and should have won.

The difference - everyone fully fit and raring to go.

i mean rotherham were bad because the mighty Ram made them that way

10 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

ebf5e7c478d0804c0175f39200619d06.png

Duane Holmes really is tiny ?

No mate. He's just far away.

Seriously though, this is idiotic. If you have such a tiny player in the wall you don't put him on the far end where it's the easiest thing in the world to lift it over him and plant the ball in the corner. Instead you put him in the middle of the wall meaning the keeper has a much better chance of getting to the ball to save it if it goes over Holmes. Really unprofessional.

54 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

No mate. He's just far away.

Seriously though, this is idiotic. If you have such a tiny player in the wall you don't put him on the far end where it's the easiest thing in the world to lift it over him and plant the ball in the corner. Instead you put him in the middle of the wall meaning the keeper has a much better chance of getting to the ball to save it if it goes over Holmes. Really unprofessional.

I bet he’s really springy though and jump really high.

12 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Well if you can’t be naive in your first season as a manager when can you ? Bore off. 

This isn't the under 10's .The club is losing money on a weekly basis, the loan players return to their parent clubs and promotion would have helped. My point is if we can spank a poor team like Rotherham at home why couldn't we beat them away/

27 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

This isn't the under 10's .The club is losing money on a weekly basis, the loan players return to their parent clubs and promotion would have helped. My point is if we can spank a poor team like Rotherham at home why couldn't we beat them away/

Because it’s not possible for most teams to play at their best level for 46 games, form dips, injuries and suspensions are also big factors. Also when we played Rotherham first time it was still early season - completely new team and management staff. It was a few weeks after this we clicked and played our best spell of football of the season.

When was the last time we scored 6? How many other teams in the championship this season have scored more than 6? We criticise when necessary but that means balancing it with praise and positivity when appropriate. Rotherham won’t be happy with their performance but we destroyed them. If we didn’t play well, that would’ve been a laboured 2 or 3-1 win. 

Players back fit, excellent performance and we’re back in the top 6. Our run in isn’t the easiest but if we continue play like we have the last 2 games (Stoke was an excellent performance despite the result) then we have a great chance of making the top 6! That would be an excellent achievement for Frank in his first season with the budget constraints he’s had. Let’s face it if he’d kept the same team as last season, we would be nowhere near.

1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

There’s just so much to unpack from the stupidity of this, I’m just going to choose to have a chuckle instead. 

Away .they were given a soft and debatable penalty which won them the game.

We hadn't had a penalty at home all season until yesterday. Then like buses.......

they were both slightly soft penalties - particularly the second - which might indeed prove that these things even themselves out.

Must say, I didn't enjoy waggie's first peno (from my NE corner seat) and from the replay from behind, it looked even worse!  His second was much more convincing.

Overall, that was a fantastic all-round team performance, and for once, the whole team gelled.

For those saying how poor Rotherham looked, I'd suggest you look at the reasons why (they looked so poor)!

Keep it going, Derby... We can do this!

COYRs

Haven't you realised yet that we are crap, you can have the inquisition later as to whether it's Mel Morris fault for giving Sam Rush a blank cheque book to spunk on crap players, it's Morris' fault himself for overseeing the managerial merry go round then appointing a rookie yada yada but bottom line we're slightly better then the average mass of teams in this division 

The only disappointing thing is how vulnerable we seem to be to dead balls delivered into our box. They put 4 or 5 corners free kicks into our box scored from one and caused problems looked dangerous from the others not sure what the answer is but I do miss the days of goalkeepers that used to take control in these situations but it doesn’t seem to be the modern way .

Archived