Derby County v Rotherham United

Bwash_Ram

23 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

You still think Holmes is better than him still though or you changed your mind ?

Excellent performance today, great to have key players back who can influence a game, we have missed MM, but also TL. Let’s hope we can continue these performance levels.

I don't think that, I've had a rethink. I think my measure was warped from not seeing much of them together as Holmes didn't really get into the team until Mount was injured. I think Holmes is better than Wilson, and in the absence of Mount, our best midfielder. But Mount is different gravy. 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After his heroics today, I’ll be a little disappointed if the club’s marketing team don’t use Waghorn as the face of every single campaign from here on in.

’This season ticket was an absolute snip at £600. Get yours today.’

’Lunch in The Yard was an absolute snip at £70 for two. Book a table today.’

’This DCFC branded spice rack was an absolute snip at £59.99. Cinnamon, I see you.’

What a performance! It was my 18th this weekend and we went to hospitality and the two times we've been to hospitality we've won 5-0 against Fulham and 6-1 against Rotherham!

Just wanted to give a mention to Lawrence today. He may have made some questionable decisions in the attacking third, but his effort was 100% today. He ran his socks off and that's all we really ask of him. I was especially impressed with his tracking back to defend.

1 minute ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

What a performance! It was my 18th this weekend and we went to hospitality and the two times we've been to hospitality we've won 5-0 against Fulham and 6-1 against Rotherham!

Just wanted to give a mention to Lawrence today. He may have made some questionable decisions in the attacking third, but his effort was 100% today. He ran his socks off and that's all we really ask of him. I was especially impressed with his tracking back to defend.

Happy birthday! 

I agree about Lawrence; played really well and surprisingly passed a couple of times when he was best placed to shoot himself. Hopefully, that decision making will come with confidence.  

31 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Are they knocking through to next door, i think the two were connected anyway.

Must sort myself a trip soon 

See my PM

4 minutes ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

Can you afford hospitality for the Bolton game?

Great performance and result today and the return of Mount gave us a much better link between midfield and attack, his return also seems to have given the players a lift too. He’s one of those players who just seems able to receive the ball in any situation and hold onto it, he didn’t tire as much as I expected him to either given how long he’s been out.

I was concerned before KO that the midfield was a bit lightweight, but they battled well and Johnno tied it all together nicely......one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment, he’s given the midfield some much needed balance.

I’m not sure we can play that midfield against some of the cloggers in the league but that’s where Hudds can come in and do a job and maybe Holmes drops out or goes wide and Mount played as the sole all out attacking CM.

Looks like we are getting key players back and coming into form for the run in. 

Just got back in, very good entertainment today, thought Johnson and Mount were outstanding with Tomiri not far behind, he will play at the top level, his pace is second to none, we have 8 cup finals now, play with that purpose and work rate, we will make the top 6, really looking forward to next season though, think Frank is getting us to play the correct way and in the end a winning way, we have lots to look forward to this season and next, and yet again pp  in fine voice, a great day to be a ram, now let s get the 3 points away at Brentford, same starting 11 for the next game.

A few pre  match posters were saying it was a season defining match and we needed to win convincingly. Well we did and we looked like a division above Rotherham today. Just what we needed. 

Thought Jono bossed the midfield 1st half and only went and scored!

Mount was great oh how we’ve missed him. Pleased for waggy felt bad for Marriott, sitting on the bench watching a hatrick when his score count has really not been his fault.

looked today like the pre season Derby!!

A bit disappointed .. I predicted 3 goals. And we went and scored twice that I mean come on lads gimme a break in Mozzas league ?

Hit someone for 6 for the first time at Pride Park. Ace job. Every player up for it. They had a go for 10 minutes and then we batted them away like pesky flies. 

The big difference wasn’t Mount .. it was having Mount and Wilson and Holmes together. All players with panache and skill who are on the same wavelength. It’s easy to nullify one creative player in a team but when you have 3 lads who want the ball, on the front foot and always are looking for give and goes then it’s hard whoever you are. Move the ball with pace, first time and you will cut holes in opponents. Bogle and Malone added to this. Lawrence is a wild card but always alert. Waghorn all muscle and intent. Bradley, not far off MOTM tidying things up, gutsy commitment and keeping things simple. Keogh and Tomori .. spot on. Tomori at 21 is some talent. Pace, long legs, control and sheer cheek at times .. Keogh dropped him a short one and he did a Cryuff on the incoming attacker and walzed away like a ballet dancer. Fantastic ! 

No ifs buts or if only .. cracking day out, and we’ll done Derby’s number 9 .. you’ve earned that ball 

37 minutes ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

Happy Birthday mate?

9 minutes ago, jono said:

The big difference wasn’t Mount .. it was having Mount and Wilson and Holmes together. All players with panache and skill who are on the same wavelength. It’s easy to nullify one creative player in a team but when you have 3 lads who want the ball, on the front foot and always are looking for give and goes then it’s hard whoever you are. Move the ball with pace, first time and you will cut holes 

But it kind of was about Mount for all the reasons you just gave. Wilson And holmes weren’t as effective together without him.

Missed this one because of grandad duties! So I missed us hitting 6 for the first time in absolutely ages. And even worse, I missed seeing a good ref! Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

I am going to tp miss the next match as well duty to training at work! So it couod be a good omn, not that I belive in omens. So here's hoping!

2 hours ago, David said:

Ouch, the 6th goal was a better feeling though right? You’ve got plenty of money, talking about cars for your lad, last time we scored 6 was in the 90s. Today was one of those tell the grandkids games. ?

It's not the money that matters, you're correct, and it was the first time in my lads life we've scored six, which I'm delighted about.

It's the fact that you were wrong that's knocked me! If I can't believe in you, what else is left?

I really wanted him to hit the bar with his peno!

I'd have bought him a prosecco and Casey with my winnings.

Archived