Villa v Derby

North East Ram

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Last win was possibly 1988 - Deano and Goddard 1-2. Great day out; great season.

The Villa fans were singing what a waste of money at Saunders, and so he scored seconds later. It was great!

Oh, for an attack with 2 such good players again!

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Villa have won 2 games since Boxing Day.

I know it's very Derby to lose to a team that's on a horrendous run, but there should be no trepidation about this game.

They've only managed 2 wins in 2019? Ha! What kind of promotion chasing team can only win two games all year. 

Still we've had the more difficult games recently with titans such as Ipswich, Millwall, Forest and Hull. Villa have only had to play the minnows of the division in their last 4 - Stoke, Sheff utd, West Brom and Brentford. 

1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

Where we can I hope frank plays only bodies that are going to be here next season until the end of the season.

I'd go with that but I doubt many would be happy to potentially write off the season when we're 2 points off 6th place...!

If we only played players that are under contract beyond the end of the season then the team could look something like:

Carson

Bogle Keogh Wisdom Malone

Evans

Jozefzoon  Holmes   Lawrence

Marriott  Waghorn.

--

SUBS: Ravas, McDonald, Anya(!), Bird, Sibley, Mitchell-Lawson, Bennett.

--

UNAVAILABLE: Forsyth, Davies, Thorne, Martin.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Carson back for this one. 

Villa have let in more goals than anyone outside the bottom 3, so surely this is our chance if we want to have a go.

I have no idea who to pick or what system. Doesn't really matter anyway the way we've been playing and the fact so many are out of form. 

Still go for a Derby win though.

6 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

With Grealish back this will be another defeat. I would almost put money on it.

I would try Wisdom or Tomori at RB. Bogle has been okay but is 18 and needs a rest. 

If Grealish plays I would man mark him and rough him up ....surely Jonno has the most “bite” in that role.

18 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

If Grealish plays I would man mark him and rough him up ....surely Jonno has the most “bite” in that role.

Grealish would just go down under any pressure anyway resulting in us conceeding set pieces which we are terrible at. 

I would put money on villa winning. We are that bad.

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

If I was promoting just one U23 player too the first team squad at the moment it would be Mitchell-Lawson.Lightning quick and very direct always attacks his full back , also has a good football brain.

Been impressed everyone I have seen him.

Get him in. This team could really do with a bit of “genuine” pace.

11 hours ago, Carnero said:

Roos

Wisdom  Keogh  Tomori  Cole

Evans   Bird

Jozefzoon   Holmes   Bennett

Waghorn

I like the look of that team ! Something needs to change somewhere . Especially in the midfield , that's been our weak spot in the recent bad run. If this is the answer I don't know but it can't be any worse . 

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Been handed another lifeline. Frustrating as we should've made it comfortably into the top 6 by now (built a gap below us) but the season isn't over yet...

Big lifeline. Hopefully it will lift the squad. Problem is Blues and Forest have dragged themselves right back into it. Those 4 home games are going to be vital to gather some momentum. But we need a positive display on Saturday 

Archived