Villa v Derby

North East Ram

I am going to this one, If they attack us, which I expect, then we have a chance. Jack Grealish  being back does make them better, however they are without McGinn. Villa are awful at the back and in bad form at the moment. It would be just like us to give them a clean sheet and some momentum wouldn't it. 

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Last win was possibly 1988 - Deano and Goddard 1-2. Great day out; great season.

Great day indeed I was there at that game, 17 years old and loving every minute of it, loved that team to bits, and Deano and Goddard was a great partnership, wish we had them two now.

On 26/02/2019 at 17:48, hintonsboots said:
  On 26/02/2019 at 17:40, kingsy1884 said:

With Grealish back this will be another defeat. I would almost put money on it.

I would try Wisdom or Tomori at RB. Bogle has been okay but is 18 and needs a rest. 

Having seen the Leeds game, I don’t think I would advise putting Wisdom in.

Better going for formation change (3 @ back) such that we can swap Bogle out for a Wingback. Maybe Bennett as he has more track back capabilities when needed.

2 hours ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Having seen the Leeds game, I don’t think I would advise putting Wisdom in.

Better going for formation change (3 @ back) such that we can swap Bogle out for a Wingback. Maybe Bennett as he has more track back capabilities when needed.

I agree Wisdom is clumsy and Grealish would play up to it. He would give free kicks galore away or even a pen. However how match fit will Grealish been? He's not played for weeks.

Villas defence is as bad as Ipswich, clearly can't defend. I hope we don't go there and show them respect, they don't deserve. All out attack from the off, I don't care about grealish or Abraham. I want to see a performance, against a poor side, that leaks goals for fun. If we concede a few, then so be it, I don't want to see tippy tappy football any longer. 

1 minute ago, lukedcfc said:

Villas defence is as bad as Ipswich, clearly can't defend. I hope we don't go there and show them respect, they don't deserve. All out attack from the off, I don't care about grealish or Abraham. I want to see a performance, against a poor side, that leaks goals for fun. If we concede a few, then so be it, I don't want to see tippy tappy football any longer. 

We’ve barely attacked in recent games until the last 10 mins or so. Going to be a heck of a leap all the way to “all out attack”....

5 hours ago, Barnetbyram said:

They don’t need to defend if we play like we have been doing recently, just sit back and wait for the inevitable lob into no one

just have a 6'4" defender stand in front of our 5'10" strikers and voila - an invisible strike force!

we need to be nippier and get a few more in the box if we can -try taking a few of these carthorses on!

On 27/02/2019 at 13:30, ram1964 said:

Forget about promotion,just hope we go out and play with some pride and give it a go.

The thing is if we had actually been giving it ago we might have been in a better position to be promoted.

Carson

Bogle                 Keogh             Tomori               Cole

H'stone                                  Bird

Holmes
Waghorn                                            Wilson

Marriott

I'd imagine Johnson would play in place of Bird, but whoever is playing those middle spaces need to just move about a lot more than they have been doing. It's easy for Villa to man mark and watch us make mistakes, so we need to make it difficult to be man marked, a concept at the minute which is seemingly difficult. 

38 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Scott and Kelle Roos seem to have similar frailties in terms of commanding their 6 yard area and coming out into crowded areas to claim crosses. They also seem to have similar shot stopping strengths.

I'm not at all sure that Scott/Kelle is a critical factpr in our success or otherwise.

The others being out severely limits our options, sadly.

Goalkeeping options: Carson, Roos

Defensive options: Bogle, Wisdom, Keogh, Tomori, Cole, Malone (and Bateman)

Midfield options: Huddlestone, Evans, Johnson, Holmes, Wilson, (Bird and Sibley)

Winger options: Waghorn, Bennett, Jozefzoon, (Mitchell-Lawson and Wilson)

Forward options: Marriott, Nugent

Down to the bare bones again...

Predicted lineup: Roos; Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone; Huddlestone, Wilson, Holmes; Waghorn, Marriott, Jozefzoon

Subs: Carson, Wisdom, Cole, Evans, Johnson, Bennett, Nugent

Roos

wisdom                     Keogh                  Ambrose              Cole

Bogle                Tomori           Huddlestone            Holmes

wilson                   Marriott

Archived