Attending Football Abroad

Srg

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'm living in Berlin right now, so that's one I'll definitely go. 

May struggle with tickets for Union, I'd imagine. Should be a lot easier for the Olympic Stadium.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Srg said:

May struggle with tickets for Union, I'd imagine. Should be a lot easier for the Olympic Stadium.

Unfortunately, yes. My professor has some connections with Union and has managed to get me a ticket even to sold out games earlier so here's hoping. 

But I'm wishing to participate to both of them (if I'm still living here, during the winter I usually move to somewhere warmer).

Was a season ticket holder at Real Zaragoza for 3 years. First year knocked out of the Uefa cup in the first round and relegated, 1 years of 2nd div football followed by bouncing up and down between the two leagues.  

Stadium - run down, prices - cheap, atmosphere - meh

Also done away games at Getafe and Malaga.

On 02/08/2019 at 09:34, zaragozaram said:

Was a season ticket holder at Real Zaragoza for 3 years. First year knocked out of the Uefa cup in the first round and relegated, 1 years of 2nd div football followed by bouncing up and down between the two leagues.  

Stadium - run down, prices - cheap, atmosphere - meh

Also done away games at Getafe and Malaga.

I love some real Zaragoza nostalgia. Was that around the time they had David Villa and Diego milito?

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

I love some real Zaragoza nostalgia. Was that around the time they had David Villa and Diego milito?

Villa had gone but over the three years we had some names. Both Milito brothers, Aimar, D'Allesandro, Ewerton, Ayala.

Had some dross since mind!! Jermaine Pennant to name but one.

I've always been a huge fan of Italian football, with Pavel Nedved being the first player who truly captivated me.

We're planning a trip next April and the new wife has promised me we can go to watch a game in either Florence or Rome. Already excited!

Most recent was Riga FC v FK Ventspils in the footballing outpost of Latvia.

€3 entry on the day following a solid hour long trek from the city centre.

2nd va 3rd in the Latvian Premier League. Terracing would be considered a bourgeois luxury - grass banks are all the rage over there. About 200 attendance, no segregation, 5 stewards, 50 or so "Ultras" who were a complete oddball mix of people chanted and banged a drum the whole game. Referees and players shared a dressing room and entered the pitch through a car park. Slightly incongruous to see 22 players and officials line up infront of an almost empty side of a ground before the kick off. Away fans appeared to travel on the team coach which was by far the most decadent, modern item for about 20km.

Spoke to a Danish scout about Jacob Laursen who was involved with the same club, who estimated the quality was equal to roughly the 4th tier of Denmark, and about 10th tier in England. I'd suggest he may have been an optimist.

2-0 victory for the home team and a terrible advert for football, Brian.

9 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Went to a game in Bangalore in the Indian Super League last year. Stadium was rustic to say the least... No beer in the ground but plenty of fans and far more Indian food than just a balti pie. 

Don't they just call it "food" over there?   ;-)

Went to Mainz and Leverkusen last season over a weekend,cheap tickets and train travel I would recommend Germany we had a great weekend and we are going again later in the year.Trying for Frankfurt or Dortmund but getting tickets for Dortmund can be tricky.

4 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

Where would you recommend for a first European match? Four lads, cheap weekend, watch the chaos and come home... can you get tickets on the gate at most grounds? 

Thanks.

Something different, try Groningen when one of the big clubs visit. Ajax or Feyenoord preferably. 

Small intimidating stadium, local lunatics, good beer, nice small city centre, couple of squares surrounded by pubs. Its also a student town. 90 mins from Amsterdam

Whats not to like? 

Not sure how easy tickets would be to get though. 

Archived