Tom Huddlestone

DCFC1388

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This doesn't make any sense. January is about making yourself stronger for the final push. Letting go our best defensive midfielder and replacing him with a midfielder who isnt a defensive midfielder is pretty strange. 

Last January we came out of the window weaker than we were at the start.

Got a feeling we might look even worse after this window too.

We need Andy King as well as Huddlestone.

Said at the end of the January window last year that it would kill us. I was right then and I’m concerned we’re heading the same way now. Time yet, but when was the last time we strengthened the squad in January? It’s no wonder we do worse in the second half of seasons, we don’t do anything to make ourselves better!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the noises coming out regards a centre half being vital I’m wondering if frank wants a ch then move tomori to defensive midfielder ? You could see a good first choice ch incoming and Andy king with hudds out and any others of the usual suspects out , bit of a strange one all this centre half stuff after letting Pearce out on loan?

Just now, Archied said:

With all the noises coming out regards a centre half being vital I’m wondering if frank wants a ch then move tomori to defensive midfielder ? You could see a good first choice ch incoming and Andy king with hudds out and any others of the usual suspects out , bit of a strange one all this centre half stuff after letting Pearce out on loan?

If that were the case I would certainly want a defender of better quality than what has been mentioned.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This doesn't make any sense. January is about making yourself stronger for the final push. Letting go our best defensive midfielder and replacing him with a midfielder who isnt a defensive midfielder is pretty strange. 

Last January we came out of the window weaker than we were at the start.

Got a feeling we might look even worse after this window too.

We need Andy King as well as Huddlestone.

Unless Frank is going to bring Bradders back. My concern is that we have no commanding figure in midfield. Too lightweight for me.

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think your glasses are somewhat tinted.

He's a classy player - and will be a loss, but he's worse this season than he was last season, he still has his nice turns more often than not, but he's still lost the ball a lot more this season and his attempts at playmaking passes have largely been overhit.

Plus, the reason he's even here is because he was having absolute rings run around him in the prem with Hull. 

As I say, its a loss but not one we cant recover from and he's not going to last much longer in high-level football, I don't think. 

The simple fact is though we’re a better side when he’s in the team 

When he doesn’t play we look a lot less like a passing possession based side and more one that struggle to find the next white shirt 

None of bryson, Johnson, ledley or Evans have shown to give us the level of control Huddlestone can do

personally I think he does a lot more than people give him credit for off the ball Despite having the turning circle of a small ocean liner.

if we get decent money and can replace then trust in frank but I don’t think we have a replacent in the current squad that would not leave us feeling like there’s a hole or to the detriment of the team 

disapointed from nottingham lol

Archived