Tom Lawrence

RiddingsRam

51 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I would 100% take 8million + for him, but I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to offer that if they have watched him play enough.

Or maybe they would if they watched him play and knew anything about football....just saying ?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

He is one of those that has to score goals because he doesn’t actually cross the ball to his teammates ( ok very occasionally) but basically it’s goals or nothing 

How about the assist a few weeks ago in the first leg against Southampton?  A great run and lovely flicked lay off to Marriott to score.  And Lawrence then smashes in a beauty himself as well! I know he’s frustrating but he does contribute.

If people keep thinking he’s being played as a winger, like our other players then they are always going to slate them. We don’t play with wingers, if we did we would play a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right. We don’t. We play to cut inside and shoot.

no point in playing with wingers to put high balls in for Marriott to try and out jump a 6 foot 5 CB

6 minutes ago, Kinder said:

How about the assist a few weeks ago in the first leg against Southampton?  A great run and lovely flicked lay off to Marriott to score.  And Lawrence then smashes in a beauty himself as well! I know he’s frustrating but he does contribute.

Like I said occasionally 

3 hours ago, rynny said:

There is a big difference though. We aren't his boss, we aren't his employer, we are, effectively, the customers. And anyone who has had to deal with shitty customers will have given a little something back when that customer is wrong. 

The customer will also give it back if the advisor is overly forceful in there opinion.  Also in his case I'm not convinced the customer is wrong , 

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Like I said occasionally 

To quote Bobby Charlton out of every ten shots I try nine go high and wide and I hear the crowd groan.The tenth one flies in  and they cheer and in that moment they forget the previous nine.

You need to have the confidence to keep hitting the shot even when you are in the middle of the nine that miss and the crowd reaction.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The customer will also give it back if the advisor is overly forceful in there opinion.  Also in his case I'm not convinced the customer is wrong , 

You agree with the fans who give him stick? The ones who moan and groan all the time at him? Wow. Yep I agree, let's all get on his back, boo his every touch, that will make him play better, for sure. ?

50 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Or maybe they would if they watched him play and knew anything about football....just saying ?

Please feel free to give us your 10,000 word dissertation on football.  You seem to think anyone who thinks 10 million would be good for a player who spends half his life on the bench are clueless.  We wait to educated.

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

You agree with the fans who give him stick? The ones who moan and groan all the time at him? Wow. Yep I agree, let's all get on his back, boo his every touch, that will make him play better, for sure. ?

If you read my earlier post rather than ignore it you would clearly see that's not what I said but whatever fits your agenda .

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If you read my earlier post rather than ignore it you would clearly see that's not what I said but whatever fits your agenda .

You mean this one?

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I have yet to see a player who doesn't make an error, lose a ball. miss a sitter.  However if that player endeavours to make up for that mistake or has a poor game but clearly makes effort to improve on that next time out - perhaps engaging with fans in a positive way rather than sticking fingers in ones ears - that player may find that fans will be a bit more forgiving next time a poor game comes around . 

Right, so you don't think Lawrence works hard enough? Well Lampard has said differently, and said something along the lines of Lawrence being one of the top players at covering the most ground. He always tries his best, always runs himself into the ground. After over a years worth of abuse maybe he has had enough of the stick he gets, maybe the sticking his fingers in his ears has nothing to do with the fans. Maybe fans should get off his back and get behind him. So my point still stands, it sounds like you think he doesn't work hard enough and deserves the stick he gets. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Incredibly frustrating player and I said at the beginning of the season I wanted him to score lots of goals so we could sell him for decent money in January and personally I think about £12 million is about right to a premiership club but that is only dependent on spending the money to improve the team and we need decent money to help do this. All that said I wouldn’t leave Derby county to join Huddersfield either - a Southampton type of club would suit him better I believe 

Sorry but if we are valuing a player at £12 Million, he should be a first name on the team sheet every game.

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Please feel free to give us your 10,000 word dissertation on football.  You seem to think anyone who thinks 10 million would be good for a player who spends half his life on the bench are clueless.  We wait to educated.

Kick the ball in the goal or at someone wearing the same clothes as you.

Ctl+c then ctl+v until you hit 10000 words.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Kick the ball in the goal or at someone wearing the same clothes as you.

Ctl+c then ctl+v until you hit 10000 words.

Can't do it for him that's Plagiarism.  Also not sure how the bloke who gets the train with me everyday wearing the same coat would like me kicking a ball in his face .  I could give it a go .

Archived