Tom Lawrence

RiddingsRam

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Would suggest a bid was accepted then? Be interesting to know the figure. 

There is a player in there somewhere. Just wish he was more consistent. 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Unsurprising he’d turn that down, they’re straight on their way back down. Replaceable mind and would deffo take the money if offered but there’s a player in there somewhere 

8 hours ago, Topram said:

I’d keep Lawrence got potential just needs confidence 

57 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Keep. Frank really rates him so I am surprised by this. 'I am sure there is a player in there somewhere'...….

The problem is, how long do we keep saying this? 

As has been alluded to, Lawrence has the skill and the touch to be a game changer, but he is too inconsistent.

So is it a case of heart over head? - He might come good so keep him (MIGHT) being the operative word = heart

Sell if a decent figure comes in and try and get someone in who will play consistently? = head (even then will the new guy fit?

Don't think he's a good enough passer for this team. 

Definitely a good player, just frustratingly inconsistent and selfish. 

If we can get a good price for him and replace him with better , then it's good business. 

Wouldn't be disappointed to keep him either mind 

I’d be interested to know from those who advocate selling him, who they would bring in as a replacement. We have already seen with Flo that at that price it’s very hit and miss, and given Huddersfield are apparently in for him, and if true we are accepted their offer, that he is was one of our few saleable assets - funny that seems as though so many think he is a poor player.

i hope he stays, continues to score and put his fingers in his ears to these fans without any footballing knowledge, however if he goes I also wouldn’t blame him, give the amount of undeserving abuse he gets.

Tough one really , there are flashes but he’s yet to put together a run of form where you think he is a key player for us or going to be one , nothing against the lad but if it’s decent money I would sell and I’m not sure he s taken to derby and visa versa 

I like him. He’s far better than Zoon or Bennett, not as good as Ince though  but winger isn’t his best position. If Frank doesn’t want to play a 10. He’s a luxury we can’t really afford. If we get an offer above what we payed. Thank him kindly for his service, wish the fella well and move on 

13 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

The problem is, how long do we keep saying this? 

As has been alluded to, Lawrence has the skill and the touch to be a game changer, but he is too inconsistent.

So is it a case of heart over head? - He might come good so keep him (MIGHT) being the operative word = heart

Sell if a decent figure comes in and try and get someone in who will play consistently? = head (even then will the new guy fit?

Yep that is the problem, he’s hardly a youngester but doesn’t seem to be learning not to shoot from stupid places, where to pass to etc. His intelligence and decision making let’s down his skill, and right now he wouldn’t be in the team on merit, far from it. So I wouldn’t be forcing him out the door cause of his obvious talents, but lingering doubts of whether he’ll reach the level he thinks he’s at already means if there’s decent money on the table he’s easily replaceable. 

At the moment he’s backup winger imo, he wouldn’t cost much to replace.

8 hours ago, R@M said:

Or, the club received an acceptable offer and Frank and co will not get in the way of a move to the premier league for a player to further their career.

Would make it more attractive to move to Derby for hungry young players. Play well and get promoted, or get a transfer. We win either way. 

45 minutes ago, ossieram said:

And who's to say Lawrence doesn't have it written into his contract that Derby are to let him speak to any club that offer above a certain amount?

Or Huddersfield made an enquiry, the club made Lawrence aware and said no way Pedro.

Or it’s a load of rubbish and never happened.

All likely scenarios as are the two above to consider before jumping straight to Lampard doesn’t rate him, how will Lawrence feel now knowing we accepted a bid.

Other interest/bids will come as no surprise to players, last thing you want is to knock back a bid without discussing it with the player.

After turning it down, the player kicks off, demands to leave so he can play Premier League football.

Advantage buying club, the selling club have a unhappy player, buying club can wait, come back with a look we’ll take him if you really want lower bid. 

Players are humans, need to consider their feelings.

If true, I quite like that Lawrence turned it down, shows he has his head screwed on and isn’t willing to jump ship for 5 minutes of Premier League football when he can be a part of a team that gives him an opportunity of a full season up there.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Or Huddersfield made an enquiry, the club made Lawrence aware and said no way Pedro.

Or it’s a load of rubbish and never happened.

All likely scenarios as are the two above to consider before jumping straight to Lampard doesn’t rate him, how will Lawrence feel now knowing we accepted a bid.

Other interest/bids will come as no surprise to players, last thing you want is to knock back a bid without discussing it with the player.

After turning it down, the player kicks off, demands to leave so he can play Premier League football.

Advantage buying club, the selling club have a unhappy player, buying club can wait, come back with a look we’ll take him if you really want lower bid. 

Players are humans, need to consider their feelings.

If true, I quite like that Lawrence turned it down, shows he has his head screwed on and isn’t willing to jump ship for 5 minutes of Premier League football when he can be a part of a team that gives him an opportunity of a full season up there.

If the offer is indeed real, and did indeed make it's way to Lawrence to turn down, you have to assume it was £10m+ and that Lampard has told him he doesn't want him to go but the offer is a good one so presented it to him.

Lampard is Lawrence's biggest advocate, can't for a second think he would want to lose him for any price.

Has more goals than any of our other wide players permanently on our books, scores goals out of nothing, and he is considered a luxury we can’t afford ?

Personally I’d say getting rid of him would be very detrimental to our promotion push, we have very few players than are good at putting the ball in the net, Lawerence being one of them.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Keep. Frank really rates him so I am surprised by this. 'I am sure there is a player in there somewhere'...….

How much Frank rates him is debatable. Yes he has said a number of positive things about him in public over the last 6 months, but he would wouldn’t he?  He needs to keep him positive and feeling appreciated. Perhaps privately though Frank feels that him moving on for good value, so he can use some money/wriggle room to bring in a couple of others instead, will improve the sum of the parts.  I have been of the opinion for a while now that Lawrence, like Vydra, might be sacrificed for the greater good of finances, and squad development. I am not against a sale; he hasn’t actually contributed many match winning performances this season, and if Frank can get in another quality loanee in his position he should do it.  The summer is for big purchases, when/after the clear out has been undertaken.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Would you be as happy if Keogh gave the fans some stick back? Because Lawrence gets off very lightly compared to him.

And who's to say Lawrence doesn't have it written into his contract that Derby are to let him speak to any club that offer above a certain amount?

.......and who's to say he has?

Archived