Sign in to follow this  
RiddingsRam

Tom Lawrence

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If it's true, we then have the problem of a player knowing the manager doesn't rate him highly enough to want to keep him.

Not really. Every player has a value, and the club are giving him the opportunity to go to the Prem and probably get a pay rise.

With jozefzoon, waggy, holmes and bennett we could afford to lose TL and we need the dosh.

its a good option for both parties.

Assuming Huddersfield are panicking, it was probably a decent mark up on him, but yeah, I think a lot of players would turn them down.

Would also put the Marriott roumor to bed (unless they tried both or got told to GTF on MArriott but Lawrence for the right price might be available)

I rate Lawrence, there is a very good player in there, but he's never quite seemed to bond here. I would sell him if the price was right, but that's very different to not rating him. And if it's PL interest, it shows that other managers do rate him as well.

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Lawrence is better than both put together

I wouldn't be arsed if it was a reasonable fee.  I would miss him sticking his fingers in his ears when he scores though.  Always nice to see a player hold us in such high regard .

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I wouldn't be arsed if it was a reasonable fee.  I would miss him sticking his fingers in his ears when he scores though.  Always nice to see a player hold us in such high regard .

The amount of abuse he gets is embarrassing, glad he stuck his fingers in his ears....would of done the same thing myself to be honest.

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

The amount of abuse he gets is embarrassing, glad he stuck his fingers in his ears....would of done the same thing myself to be honest.

Perhaps the next time I get a bollocking at work I can stick my fingers in my ears then.  I'm sure that will work wonders in the real world. 

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Perhaps the next time I get a bollocking at work I can stick my fingers in my ears then.  I'm sure that will work wonders in the real world. 

Oh come on it’s more than a bollocking, the amount of poo he gets from certain fans is disgraceful!

2 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Oh come on it’s more than a bollocking, the amount of poo he gets from certain fans is disgraceful!

I have yet to see a player who doesn't make an error, lose a ball. miss a sitter.  However if that player endeavours to make up for that mistake or has a poor game but clearly makes effort to improve on that next time out - perhaps engaging with fans in a positive way rather than sticking fingers in ones ears - that player may find that fans will be a bit more forgiving next time a poor game comes around . 

5 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

Amazes me that people think Josefzoon and Bennett are good enough but Lawrence isn’t....🤷🏼‍♂️

He has got the ability but hes to hit and miss for me, but i dont think playing on the wing tbh he looks alot more natural when he does down the middle. I thought that we overpaid for lawrence and thought we be luch get get the same fee for him but i was expecting a loss! 

Sure Lawrence is frustrating. He’s a flair player playing in the Championship and so by definition not everything he does comes off. If he had a better success rate then as an international player he would be snapped up by a top club. Harry Wilson is largely anonymous in a lot of games he plays but then a moment of brilliance makes him a hero. Lawrence is like that too but hasn’t had quite so many eye-catching goals.

Unlike Wilson, he is our player so if he goes I hope we buy, not loan, a replacement. I would be happy enough if he stays, even though with Mount, Wilson and Lawrence in the same team, we have three who regularly try something which loses possession.

As fans, we said we wanted excitement. With excitement comes risk. Lawrence is that type of player.