Sign in to follow this  
RiddingsRam

Tom Lawrence

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Lawrence is better than both put together

I wouldn't be arsed if it was a reasonable fee.  I would miss him sticking his fingers in his ears when he scores though.  Always nice to see a player hold us in such high regard .

18 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I wouldn't be arsed if it was a reasonable fee.  I would miss him sticking his fingers in his ears when he scores though.  Always nice to see a player hold us in such high regard .

The amount of abuse he gets is embarrassing, glad he stuck his fingers in his ears....would of done the same thing myself to be honest.

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

The amount of abuse he gets is embarrassing, glad he stuck his fingers in his ears....would of done the same thing myself to be honest.

Perhaps the next time I get a bollocking at work I can stick my fingers in my ears then.  I'm sure that will work wonders in the real world. 

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Perhaps the next time I get a bollocking at work I can stick my fingers in my ears then.  I'm sure that will work wonders in the real world. 

Oh come on it’s more than a bollocking, the amount of poo he gets from certain fans is disgraceful!

2 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Oh come on it’s more than a bollocking, the amount of poo he gets from certain fans is disgraceful!

I have yet to see a player who doesn't make an error, lose a ball. miss a sitter.  However if that player endeavours to make up for that mistake or has a poor game but clearly makes effort to improve on that next time out - perhaps engaging with fans in a positive way rather than sticking fingers in ones ears - that player may find that fans will be a bit more forgiving next time a poor game comes around . 

5 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

Amazes me that people think Josefzoon and Bennett are good enough but Lawrence isn’t....🤷🏼‍♂️

He has got the ability but hes to hit and miss for me, but i dont think playing on the wing tbh he looks alot more natural when he does down the middle. I thought that we overpaid for lawrence and thought we be luch get get the same fee for him but i was expecting a loss! 

Sure Lawrence is frustrating. He’s a flair player playing in the Championship and so by definition not everything he does comes off. If he had a better success rate then as an international player he would be snapped up by a top club. Harry Wilson is largely anonymous in a lot of games he plays but then a moment of brilliance makes him a hero. Lawrence is like that too but hasn’t had quite so many eye-catching goals.

Unlike Wilson, he is our player so if he goes I hope we buy, not loan, a replacement. I would be happy enough if he stays, even though with Mount, Wilson and Lawrence in the same team, we have three who regularly try something which loses possession.

As fans, we said we wanted excitement. With excitement comes risk. Lawrence is that type of player.

Interesting, perhaps we have/ had a replacement someone lined up. I like Tom, but I think he doesn’t contribute enough overall to the team, doesn’t break his neck to get back and defend and his decision making is on par with Johnny  Russells 

6 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Interesting, perhaps we have/ had a replacement someone lined up. I like Tom, but I think he doesn’t contribute enough overall to the team, doesn’t break his neck to get back and defend and his decision making is on par with Johnny  Russells 

None of our wingers track back and defend, maybe Bennett but he offers nothing going forward either.

4 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

Would you be as happy if Keogh gave the fans some stick back? Because Lawrence gets off very lightly compared to him.

And who's to say Lawrence doesn't have it written into his contract that Derby are to let him speak to any club that offer above a certain amount?

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

There is a big difference though. We aren't his boss, we aren't his employer, we are, effectively, the customers. And anyone who has had to deal with shitty customers will have given a little something back when that customer is wrong. 

Good player, game changer on his day. Not particularly likeable though. Never to be a fans favourite anywhere.

Would rather keep him because he'll win us points but I won't be staging a protest if he's sold. Not like I would if Duncan leaves on deadline day.

Tom has been part of teams that had won games and lost games and in some has made important contributions and in others along with other players has had poor games.

People quote the headline figure for his fee what we paid and the initial fee was no where near that,  and is still not there.There are clauses build in that would take it there on appearances,goals, promotion etc also people need to factor in the sell on clause whatever that is.

The sell on will be between 10 and 20% I guess so would have to be a high fee to make it viable got Derby to sell.....so what would be a acceptable  for people taking into account how much the sell on is.

Edited by Rambalin