Our Striking Options

'Rambe33

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Heh no i mean the other Macdonald obviously 

skulks off sheepishly (always have been bad with names)

Suspect you’re thinking of Shaquille McDonald.... he was released in 2016 & is with Mickleover Sports now.  Unless you’ve completely lost the plot and thinking of Malcolm McDonald ?

25 minutes ago, Melbourne-Ram90 said:

First post on here but going to throw out a open opinion. Would anyone have Sam winnall back?  Good impact player off the bench for Marriott 

Just about to suggest the same thing. Lampard type player, works his socks off, popular with the Derby fans, seemed to fit in well with a number of the current squad and knows where the goal is. 

I think a great short term idea with a view to replacing Nugent if we stay down. 

Completely agree. Was he still around derby when Lampard came in or did he go back when Rowett was still in charge. Always found it odd that winnall was kept around the club after his injury for us to just send him back at the end of the season. Wonder if a potential deal was lined up under rowett? 

47 minutes ago, Melbourne-Ram90 said:

First post on here but going to throw out a open opinion. Would anyone have Sam winnall back?  Good impact player off the bench for Marriott 

A Sam Winnall playing as well as he was before the injury, yes definitely. Not sure how his recovery has been though. 

35 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Suspect you’re thinking of Shaquille McDonald.... he was released in 2016 & is with Mickleover Sports now.  Unless you’ve completely lost the plot and thinking of Malcolm McDonald ?

Old, Jane or Ronald ..... take your pick ?

Not sure on how I'd feel about Hogan.  Seems to have most of the attributes you'd want in a Nugent upgrade; better age; has been prolific; more height (but not a lot); capable of carrying the ball; can play on the right of a front three; available for a fraction of the fee Villa paid (and realistic as the competition are only able to offer a loan as well).

On the other hand, injuries, injuries, injuries.  Potentially falls into the Branko Strupar mould of 'what could have been had it not been for injuries'.

13 hours ago, Melbourne-Ram90 said:

No. ACLs can completely ruin players, and I don't want to be club to take the first gamble - Thorne, Forsyth anyone?

Add to the fact he was pretty average anyway, and there's no point at all.

12 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Winnall and Austin both injury prone. Austin will be on big wages. Read that Winnall is not yet fit. Ideally we could do with another striker but with the limited budget I would rather bring in a strong, ball winning midfielder and some defensive cover....

Would love Austin but wages would be the stumbling block. Would love him on a permanent in the summer but again might be a bit pricey. 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Shame we couldn't get Vydra back on loan, haven't seem him much at Burnley.   Seem's a strong rumour around that Forest are in for him and/or Bonatini . 

We would have to set up the team formation to fit Vydra in. Bring back Rowett?

Don't understand why people want Winnall back. He had a devastating injury and isn't playing for his home club below us in the league. Like many, he seems to improve in people's minds when he's not playing. 

We have four options for central striker: Marriott, Waghorn, Nugent, Bennett. 

We have three options for a number 10 (in the hole) player: Mount, Lawrence, Wilson. 

We have wide options in: Lawrence, Waghorn, Wilson, Holmes, Josefzoon, Bennett. 

Next year we welcome back Chris Martin and Luke Thomas. There are promising youngsters on the horizon. 

And I've probably forgotten a few. For me, midfield and central defence are the priorities. 

Archived