Our Striking Options

'Rambe33

What was confirmed for me on Saturday that I've been thinking for a while is we are in dire need of firepower up front to support Marriott when hes not playing or off his game.

I get that he's a likeable character. He occasionally starts the bounce when we've won and I'm sure he's great around the training ground and in the dressing room but even against a League One outfit, Nugent looked way-off it. He looks slower, laboured and doesn't hold the ball up for us. 

Please don't think this is an attack on Nugent but aside from Waghorn who Frank doesn't seem to want to play up top, I do think this is an area we need support in now. 

Definitely in the summer but if we could get a body in now that would be a huge boost and take a bit of pressure off Marriott. Maybe something a bit different as well. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the look of Waghorn, strong player who can score with his head and as he showed on Saturday he can fight for a goal too.

I would love us to buy someone from the lower league who is scoring goals for fun right now and chuck them in whilst their confidence is bubbling. 

Both Marriott and Holmes are proof the talent is there to be found.

32 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Do not forget young Bennett I think Frank sees something

Couldn't agree more than with the BBC live feed on Sat when Mason come on. Something like 'Mason Bennett, he's been a wonderkid to keep an eye on for about five years now'. Whatever Frank sees, I don't - sorry to have to admit.

52 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm liking the look of Waghorn, strong player who can score with his head and as he showed on Saturday he can fight for a goal too.

I would love us to buy someone from the lower league who is scoring goals for fun right now and chuck them in whilst their confidence is bubbling. 

Both Marriott and Holmes are proof the talent is there to be found.

Marriott has got the class hes just got no chance with anybody with him! Simple larpard has tried to teach him to be a lone striker but put waghorn uptop with him the 2 are perfect for each other! They are perfectly matched in parnership (style of strikers they are)! 

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Marriott has got the class hes just got no chance with anybody with him! Simple larpard has tried to teach him to be a lone striker but put waghorn uptop with him the 2 are perfect for each other! They are perfectly matched in parnership (style of strikers they are)! 

Larpard

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Couldn't agree more than with the BBC live feed on Sat when Mason come on. Something like 'Mason Bennett, he's been a wonderkid to keep an eye on for about five years now'. Whatever Frank sees, I don't - sorry to have to admit.

Clean through on goal - shoots straight at the GK - Saw that coming a mile off!

2 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

2 up top with marriott and waghorn is our answer marriott uptop on his own! doesnt work! marriott does the running waggy does the holding up and both do the goal scoring simple! 

Like those 2 together but one or both injured and we are going to struggle for goals. Would love a forward in on loan perhaps out of favour prem player. If he was ok out wide too, double bonus. 

Nugent's workrate over shadows the fact he isn't a goal scorer at all.

As a lone forward his workrate is in fact his own worst enemy because he sometimes presses at the wrong time and rarely finds himself in the box. When he does he misses ?‍♂️

For the league position we're in, sentiment aside he isn't good enough. We signed him 10 years too late.

Last home game my friend asked the question Jerome or Nugent? I know who I'd rather have

Archived