Accrington Stanley vs Derby County FA Cup 4th Round Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Bogle tripped then!!

He was, but you can't be too upset with a missed call in the middle of a melee like that. Really hard to see.

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

He kicked Bogle on the floor.

6 of one and a half a dozen of the other...duck off Owen.

Isnt it mcmanaman?

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Wonder what VAR would have made of that if it were in place.

Probably would have been a penalty in the first instance, but I'm not going to view this game with the opinion that we should have had one. The afters "kick" wasn't much tbh and I wouldn't agree if he was punished for that.

1 minute ago, Edtheram said:

We look awful again. No cohesion in attack or defence, the midfield battle is definetly too much for Wilson. Evans needs to control play and Nugent has to offer more

I think the pitch is playing it’s part. Wilson just can’t play his regular game on it. Deft touches won’t work. Same with Malone when he tries to attack. We need to keep it simple, get our foot on the ball and move around them. 

Poor pitch & poor performance. Saod before the game I wouldnt have risked Marriott, Mount & Wilson. Marriott been rested hopefully but lets hope Mounts injury isnt too serious.

Holmes again our main threat going forward, Wilson not been involved enough & hopefully Nugent turns uo 2nd half

I've watched an awful lot of prem & championship teams play in these types of games over the years, many playing strong sides, and from what I've seen of this half Derby's performance doesn't break the mold at all.

Surprised people were expecting more, tbh. This has been exactly what it was billed to be, so far.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Poor pitch & poor performance. Saod before the game I wouldnt have risked Marriott, Mount & Wilson. Marriott been rested hopefully but lets hope Mounts injury isnt too serious.

Holmes again our main threat going forward, Wilson not been involved enough & hopefully Nugent turns uo 2nd half

Marriott is I’ll apparently 

It’s the usual problem when we play Wilson and Mount (although he’s gone off) the midfield goes missing.

Both are cracking players but we can’t really carry them together in cm unless we are playing a prem team who give space and are less physical.

Moving Holmes (after Mounts injury) in there will help with the closing down but we still lack that physical presence and ball winning ability

Archived