Signing Tomori permanently needs to be a priority this summer

RamLad1884

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

£8-10m should be enough to sign him, plus it would be a bargain. The likes of Mount and Wilson are £20M+ because they have a much more prestigious reputation.

I dont think we could spend 8 million on one player. Not if what Mel and CEO were saying at the forum is correct.

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

If we got promoted we could. 

I think thats the way we could sign him. Jeez what a player he is. Shame we didnt have a try to sign him instead of loan. We could have tried but got told no. Who knows. Just glad he plays for us right now.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

£8-10m should be enough to sign him, plus it would be a bargain. The likes of Mount and Wilson are £20M+ because they have a much more prestigious reputation.

We paid £8 million for Vydra 3 years ago. Think we would need to pay a bit more for Tomori, especially since he is English. If we are in the Prem we might stand a good chance of getting him though

I don't think we could get Tomori for that little, but I also don't think we could even afford that much anyway. (if not promoted)

Any hope of seeing him return would be dependant on us going up. The way he’s playing I can see Chelsea wanting him to go out to the Premier League or Bundesliga next season, experience at a higher level. 

He’s far from the finished article, but shown enough that he deserves that crack to push on.

If we was to go up you would look to loan him for another year, hope he falls in love with the place and has to return to Chelsea with a year left on his deal, try a cheeky bid. Contract expires 2021.

On 18/01/2019 at 20:10, Harrowram said:

If Chris Mepham is worth £15 million (and was discarded by Chelsea) what price for Tomori? In fact how do we replace the loan signings at the end of the season?

had you heard of mount-wilson-tomori before the signed for us?

8 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Shameless bump for this thread, the lads a beast, if it means the whole summer budget, we need to sign him up. 

Didn't Lampard say in the fans forum this week that there is no chance of us signing any of the three loanees? Even if we went up, it would be a stretch to see us signing Tomori, and that's even assuming Chelsea want to sell him and/or no more established Premier League clubs come in for him.

34 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

had you heard of mount-wilson-tomori before the signed for us?

These 3 have contributed so much for us this season, but equally they have benefited from what DCFC has to offer. They will leave with enhanced reputations and valuable experience. There is no reason why similar loans cannot assist us next season, their clubs will trust us.

Archived