Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@Millenniumram, I think we’re both as important as each other. We’re the same age, we’re at similar unis, but you’re a moaning bar steward and I’m a drunken happy clapper. We need each other to form an equilibrium and back the boys. Up the A-Level-smashing, uni-attending, bar steward Rams.

Here here!? Living here half the time don’t do much for your optimism for life trust me..?

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

One thing I really hope that didn’t happen is that we had to change the team at the last minute as a result of the event  with Leeds. Unfortunately, Lampard’s interview of sky almost suggests that it did and we had to change team plans.

Another good reason not to be jumping on his back for the team selection then, assuming Frank is being candid. Not trying to dig you out personally bud just gets a bit wearing reading such pessimistic posts before a ball's been kicked. Not many folk wanted Holmes in the side until recently - he's far too lightweight, how many headers will he win, we'l get overrun. Now all of a sudden he's fookin Messi. Let's just see what happens. Post mortems are meant to occur after the event not beforehand. 

Just now, 86 points said:

Another good reason not to be jumping on his back for the team selection then, assuming Frank is being candid. Not trying to dig you out personally bud just gets a bit wearing reading such pessimistic posts before a ball's been kicked. Not many folk wanted Holmes in the side until recently - he's far too lightweight, how many headers will he win, we'l get overrun. Now all of a sudden he's fookin Messi. Let's just see what happens. Post mortems are meant to occur after the event not beforehand. 

One thing is for sure, I really hope we beat these cheating bar stewards. Up there with wanting to beat Cardiff last season. 

Whilst Bryson hasn’t been near his best for some while, l can’t quite understand the negativity towards his selection. We aren’t exactly blessed with alternatives are we?  Seems clear to me that Frank is expecting the 5 behind Marriott to be pressing hard, and putting Leeds under some pressure from the start. That’s Brysons game.  Back the team on the pitch and if ness hold the post-mortem once the final whistle is blown.

36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t that the exact same defence that was slaughtered by Leeds earlier in the season, never played again until they’re reconvened.... to play Leeds again?

Weekly millenniumram moan about the lineup? Don’t get why Bryson is there, what does he actually do? Stick Holmes there and get Waghorn wide for some strength.

Agree re Bryson, would have Holmes in the centre and Waghorn wide. Lowe didn’t look like he’d improved any when I saw him last week. Would have kept Wisdom on the left where he’s had 2 very good games and reluctantly Bogle on the right

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Evans was rank poo in his appearances I’ve seen him so far, hope he’s better tonight.

He's played hardly any football in bloomin months. Give the lad a chance. He'll come good, I'm certain of it. He must be showing something to be keeping Huddz out of the side, after all.

Just now, 86 points said:

He's played hardly any football in bloomin months. Give the lad a chance. He'll come good, I'm certain of it. He must be showing somethibg to be keeping Huddz out of the side, after all.

Yeah that’s what I mean by hope he’s better, it may just be fitness. Just hasn’t looked to have the composure of hudds thus far, think well certainly need composure tonight cause Leeds ain’t gonna give us an inch! 

44 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Why oh why does Bryson still get into the team. Can’t criticise his passion but he isn’t good enough anymore. His performances away against Stoke, the Home games against forest and the away game against sheff Utd were the worst performances of the season by an individual player in my opinion. He’s done absolutely nothing of note this season(or last season for Cardiff). 

8743180E-2B95-436A-883C-BDA44A63B9E1.jpeg

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Whilst Bryson hasn’t been near his best for some while, l can’t quite understand the negativity towards his selection. We aren’t exactly blessed with alternatives are we?  Seems clear to me that Frank is expecting the 5 behind Marriott to be pressing hard, and putting Leeds under some pressure from the start. That’s Brysons game.  Back the team on the pitch and if ness hold the post-mortem once the final whistle is blown.

Posted it earlier but would have played Huddlestone personally. We missed his passing ability the last time we played Leeds. We all know that Leeds will pressure really high which also means there will be spaces in behind their defence. One moment that sticks out in my mind was last season when we faced QPR where Huddlestone played a great through ball to Weimann(I think it was) when QPR were attacking.

Archived