Sign in to follow this  
reveldevil

Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Posted (edited)

I think this is a great time to play Leeds. They've got a load of players injured, including their best player (Hernandez), they've lost three games in a row, they've just lost one of the better players in the league (Saiz), their midfield lynchpin (Phillips) is suspended and their star striker (Roofe) may be unsettled by being linked with a move away. I have a good feeling for Friday night and I can't wait to get up there.

Edited by BurtonRam7

Good news re Leeds injury/suspension news but they still have a good squad and a top manager. Still the best side we’ve played this season by a country mile, including the cup.

To be without Wilson would be a huge blow. Fingers crossed he makes it. Good news that Malone may play too 

My tickets for this one arrived today, living with Leeds fans is going to be miserable if we lose this, I think it's a perfect time to play Leeds though and even the Leeds fans don't seem their usual arrogant selves about it. 

Given the fact leeds like to press high and ruffle a few feathers in teams passing game I would start Waghorn on the wing as he is the only forward we have who is remotely strong in the air and holding up the longer balls. So I’d go with:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Tomori Lowe

Evans

Mount    Holmes 

Waghorn  Marriott  Lawrence 

Would be Wilson in for Holmes if he was fit.

1 hour ago, Derbylad92 said:

I got a feeling he will be fit but lampard keeping quiet so it upsets their preparations for the game 

Hope you're right on this,  coyr

13 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Given the fact leeds like to press high and ruffle a few feathers in teams passing game I would start Waghorn on the wing as he is the only forward we have who is remotely strong in the air and holding up the longer balls. So I’d go with:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Tomori Lowe

Evans

Mount    Holmes 

Waghorn  Marriott  Lawrence 

Would be Wilson in for Holmes if he was fit.

I didnt put Waghorn in my starting 11 but your point about Ariel threat and hold up play is 1000% correct. Hop Wilson if fit too.