Vs Leeds away. (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Why oh why does Bryson still get into the team. Can’t criticise his passion but he isn’t good enough anymore. His performances away against Stoke, the Home games against forest and the away game against sheff Utd were the worst performances of the season by an individual player in my opinion. He’s done absolutely nothing of note this season(or last season for Cardiff). 

Aye cause frank lampard knows nothing about football ha ha ha 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t that the exact same defence that was slaughtered by Leeds earlier in the season, never played again until they’re reconvened.... to play Leeds again?

I don’t think it was just the defence that was the problem last time, we were wide open in the midfield - it was like the Alamo!! I think the team selected is fair enough - most people thought Bogle was ready for a breather, Wisdom had a good game last time out, Malone only just back after injury and Holmes performance against Southampton makes him difficult to leave out.  Be a really tough game but hopefully we put up a better performance than the home game otherwise it’ll be a long night!

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It near enough is. We really missed Huddlestone’s passing in that game and  I’m sure we will today too.  That midfield is far too open, they will press Evans like madmen like they did to Ledley. 

Evans was rank poo in his appearances I’ve seen him so far, hope he’s better tonight.

Just now, 86 points said:

Interesting to see folk writing off the team selection already. Hope if we get a result you'll all be back to admit you got it wrong and give kudos to Frank! We know you'll be on if we lose, obviously! 

It’s not that mate, it’s the Bryson selection that’s baffling, he has disappointed in every big game this season( especially away). I have nothing against him personally but players should only play if they deserve to, which Bryson doesn’t in my view and in the view of a lot of the others. It also harms Mount’s game negatively as it means Mount can’t play his natural game i.e bombing forward. Wilson is a big loss today in more than one way.

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Interesting to see folk writing off the team selection already. Hope if we get a result you'll all be back to admit you got it wrong and give kudos to Frank! We know you'll be on if we lose, obviously! 

I’ll be back either way, this is pretty much a permanent tab on my phone? Mind that’s if I have enough charge...

Tbf frank has started Holmes which I’m grateful for so not quite a full mutiny from me?

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It’s not that mate, it’s the Bryson selection that’s baffling, he has disappointed in every big game this season( especially away). I have nothing against him personally but players should only play if they deserve to, which Bryson doesn’t in my view and in the view of a lot of the others. It also harms Mount’s game negatively as it means Mount can’t play his natural game i.e bombing forward. Wilson is a big loss today in more than one way.

At first glance you have a point. He doesn’t tackle like he used to, there is an element of holding back and some see mad rushing around, but just pause, look at what he does off the ball with runs drawing opponents out of place and making space. He is past his prime but he is a very savvy footballer and reader of the game.

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Why oh why does Bryson still get into the team. Can’t criticise his passion but he isn’t good enough anymore. His performances away against Stoke, the Home games against forest and the away game against sheff Utd were the worst performances of the season by an individual player in my opinion. He’s done absolutely nothing of note this season(or last season for Cardiff). 

Not saying Bryson is worth a starting place based on recent form but just how many of Cardiffs' games last season did you actually watch?

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Not saying Bryson is worth a starting place based on recent form but just how many of Cardiffs' games last season did you actually watch?

He started less than half of their games last season, isn’t that enough evidence? And the games I did watch when Cardiff were on sky, he didn’t impress me . Seeing what Cardiff fans said  it appears that they had the same view as many of us, lots of passion but not a lot of quality.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I understood what you wrote mate it'd just be grand if we could actually get to kick off without writing off our chances base on the team sheet and nothing else. You might well be right and personally I probably wouldn't have picked Bryso either but we don't know what he's showing in training nor what the strategy is yet so let's just give it a chance. Plenty of time for I told you so's after the 90 minutes is up, assuming you are right and we are overrun in midfield or however you put it. 

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ll be back either way, this is pretty much a permanent tab on my phone? Mind that’s if I have enough charge...

Tbf frank has started Holmes which I’m grateful for so not quite a full mutiny from me?

Good to know you're reserving mutiny-beast-mode for later in the game ?

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

I understood what you wrote mate it'd just be grand if we could actually get to kick off without writing off our chances base on the team sheet and nothing else. You might well be right and personally I probably wouldn't have picked Bryso either but we don't know what he's showing in training nor what the strategy is yet so let's just give it a chance. Plenty of time for I told you so's after the 90 minutes is up, assuming you are right and we are overrun in midfield or however you put it. 

One thing I really hope that didn’t happen is that we had to change the team at the last minute as a result of the event  with Leeds. Unfortunately, Lampard’s interview of sky almost suggests that it did and we had to change team plans.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Bielsa confirms Leeds were behind spy gate. I hope Lampard didn’t change his mind over team selection at the last minute as a consequence

Spying on Butterfield and Nugent before launching a massive bid.

Note neither in tonight’s starting lineup.

#ITK

Archived