Watchable telly

dog

On 12/09/2023 at 17:33, Bob The Badger said:

Who has watched Murders in the Building?

We don't have Disney but there's a £1.99 per month offer and Mrs Badger wants to watch that and it seems to get good reviews.

Still got about 50 episodes of The Sopranos and Top Boy to go at, but it may make an interesting interlude. 

We've watched all available episodes of Only Murders so far. 

It's fine, bit inconsistent in the quality of the episodes. I don't find it funny at all, but it's somehow watchable. I've clearly a weird sense of humour, as pretty much every show that people regard as funny, I don't! 

Only Murders is certainly made more watchable by Selena Gomez (despite the acting). 

27 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

We've watched all available episodes of Only Murders so far. 

It's fine, bit inconsistent in the quality of the episodes. I don't find it funny at all, but it's somehow watchable. I've clearly a weird sense of humour, as pretty much every show that people regard as funny, I don't! 

Only Murders is certainly made more watchable by Selena Gomez (despite the acting). 

Yeah Only Murders is one of those that’s fine to watch if there’s not much else on. Mildly amusing characters with quirks.

A bit like Schitts Creek which I find amusing rather than hilarious unlike many of my friends.

33 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Not the geese Chrissie....

Pretty darned harrowing stuff

"Kenny" 😉 I forgot Julie Walters played his wife🫢 

And not to far from the truth, Grim days those early 80s for millions of people.

I get teary eyed when watching stuff like that, And I wont watch episode 6 of Blackadder goes Forth, As Wolfie Smith said...Power to the People 😉

2 hours ago, The Last Post said:

"Kenny" 😉 I forgot Julie Walters played his wife🫢 

And not to far from the truth, Grim days those early 80s for millions of people.

I get teary eyed when watching stuff like that, And I wont watch episode 6 of Blackadder goes Forth, As Wolfie Smith said...Power to the People 😉

It was indeed, I might break out my 'Still hate Thatcher" t-shirt later.

Sorry, couldn't stop myself, I'm a d*ck with things like this.....

image.png.65499584d620e47a67d76a89bb4c7ea0.png

8 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It was indeed, I might break out my 'Still hate Thatcher" t-shirt later.

Sorry, couldn't stop myself, I'm a d*ck with things like this.....

image.png.65499584d620e47a67d76a89bb4c7ea0.png

I posted "Kenny" as that's what Malloy the contractor kept calling him in Chrissies episode 👍

Note the winking emoji 😉

Completed 'Deadloch'.

@Stive PesleyI still didn't really gel with the out of town cop as she always seemed unnecessarily silly and you assured me that would become clear ...but it didn't really for me!

I particularly enjoyed the lazy young cop and the pompous pathologist though.

I started to lose the thread of the story a little and forgot who was who, but it remained entertaining and had an interesting angle to the characters. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

you assured me that would become clear ...but it didn't really for me!

Ah well - I suppose I meant that she had a back story regarding her ex-partner as to why she acted so brash and uncaring - which in turn led her to the fling she has with the pie guy (which *MILD SPOILERS* I thought was a really good disguise for the eventual twist at the end)

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Finally started Ted Lasso.

Heard such great things that I was surprised by it. Nice, gentle, warm comedy. Not earth shattering so far but kinda pleasant.

It's not an earth-shattering type of show to be fair. It's just a nice place to be for a while every now and then and I think its warmth touched a lot of folk during the initial lockdowns which is where it garnered a deal of its popularity. There is more to it than meets the eye though and I did grow to love the characters. 

We did this at the time of the first series but it's worth a bump of sorts...

Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty tells the story of the ongoing rivalry between the LA Lakers (Magic Johnson) and the Boston Celtics (Larry Bird) in the NBA of 1980s America. John C Reilly gets the break he's long deserved and is brilliant in the role of Dr Jerry Buss, the Lakers franchise owner. Quincy Isaiah is excellent as the superstar Magic Johnson, while Adrien Brody and Jason Clarke excel as always playing Pat Reilly and Jerry West respectively. 

Well written, well acted and oddly fascinating (given I'm not unduly fussed about any US sports), it's a proper romp and with the second season finishing tonight, I'd give it a strong recommendation to anyone who has yet to see it. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10244600/

*Apple TV & Amazon Prime

5 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

We did this at the time of the first series but it's worth a bump of sorts...

Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty tells the story of the ongoing rivalry between the LA Lakers (Magic Johnson) and the Boston Celtics (Larry Bird) in the NBA of 1980s America. John C Reilly gets the break he's long deserved and is brilliant in the role of Dr Jerry Buss, the Lakers franchise owner. Quincy Isaiah is excellent as the superstar Magic Johnson, while Adrien Brody and Jason Clarke excel as always playing Pat Reilly and Jerry West respectively. 

Well written, well acted and oddly fascinating (given I'm not unduly fussed about any US sports), it's a proper romp and with the second season finishing tonight, I'd give it a strong recommendation to anyone who has yet to see it. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10244600/

*Apple TV & Amazon Prime

Thanks for this.  I really enjoyed the first series and hadn’t clocked there’s a 2nd one.

Like you, I’m not fussed about American sports but I really enjoyed the film Air and the story of the Nike trainers.  Available on Amazon Prime.