Watchable telly

dog

37 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

A family member who was a senior police officer said it was the most authentic TV police drama.

Sarah Lancashire lives the role and the characters are well drawn. 

James Norton is also brilliant as the baddie you will really want to slap, mixing menace with the type of charm that wins people over.

You’ll know within the first episode whether it’s right for you.

Thanks, i will give it a go!

Recently got bored of all my music while at the gym, so I've recently started watching Life In Pieces (Prime) again from the beginning, while on the machines.

Ideal to pick up and put down because each episode is split into stories of about 5 minutes each.

Much sweaty chuckling and the occasional LOL. Good job the gym is usually very quiet.

On 06/01/2023 at 13:12, Anag Ram said:

A family member who was a senior police officer said it was the most authentic TV police drama.

James Norton is also brilliant as the baddie you will really want to slap, mixing menace with the type of charm that wins people over.

Watched the first two episodes of series 1 - I'm hooked.  Great drama with believable characters and acting is high standard.

On 06/01/2023 at 13:12, Anag Ram said:

Started watching on a whim, and now I'm gutted I've caught up and have to wait to see how it unfolds.

It really is superb TV, so much better than Line of Duty, for instance, yet so understated.

10 hours ago, Rev said:

Started watching on a whim, and now I'm gutted I've caught up and have to wait to see how it unfolds.

It really is superb TV, so much better than Line of Duty, for instance, yet so understated.

Just completed series one, it really is super television.  I always gave it a miss assuming it would be a bit too cosy but it is quite brutal at times, physically and emotionally.  Looking forward to starting series 2 later 

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Just completed series one, it really is super television.  I always gave it a miss assuming it would be a bit too cosy but it is quite brutal at times, physically and emotionally.  Looking forward to starting series 2 later 

Same but enough fair judges giving it a good write up so will be watching S01 this weekend if this crappy weather persists. 

18 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Same but enough fair judges giving it a good write up so will be watching S01 this weekend if this crappy weather persists. 

Losing the thread here... this Happy Valley? If so, never seen it!

Am watching The Apprentice with the kids though. They love it and all the backbiting.

Sorry to lower the tone a little, but it really is a poor year for eye candy, all ridiculous lip fillers and trowelled on makeup...worst line up in memory.  

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Losing the thread here... this Happy Valley? If so, never seen it!

Am watching The Apprentice with the kids though. They love it and all the backbiting.

Sorry to lower the tone a little, but it really is a poor year for eye candy, all ridiculous lip fillers and trowelled on makeup...worst line up in memory.  

Yep. Watched a couple of episodes thus far. It's good stuff. Down to earth police drama without the contrived nonsense of other police shows.