Is Lampard just a man in a suit

superzak

I think this is the period when we’ll see if he has it. We’re stuttering a bit but could quite easily have won the last two home  games then that would put a different complexion on things. We’ve beeen bang average since the second half against Villa. Our confidence has been affected and we’ve stopped being brave. Frank has got to get his message to sink in. He doesn’t want us to play keep ball all the time he wants us to make a risky pass every now and then to try and get things going but no one wants to make the mistake because, at home especially, the crowd have become anti. Nothing new there then.

We need to buy into the philosophy or we will end up with our self fulfilling prophecy of a crap Jan and Feb. They play average, we get on their backs, they feel the pressure and play worse etc...

On the bright side this is our first loss in December since 2013 so perhaps the curse has been broken. I rather have the slip up now than traditionally in the next two months. 

We will have played most of the main players by the second week in Jan so we could be looking at a good second half of the season yet.

Keep with Frank as he has to be given a season at least. And with his contacts we may be able to strengthen. Especially in defence.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's his first season of management with a young inexperienced squad. It was poo today, and we could do with signings, but don't be ridiculous. We've played well in patches this season, no reason to get rid of Frank.

I wouldn't be too worried - you only have to look at the OPs previous negativity. Crossed my mind he's one of the old whingeing gits who sits behind me.

You have to laugh though - bless him!

Frank will make mistakes and this season I think he has. Next season he'll still make some but hopefully less. I'd rather he was learning and improving with us in the Championship this season and next. After that I'd be looking for Premiership. 

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

I wouldn't be too worried - you only have to look at the OPs previous negativity. Crossed my mind he's one of the old whingeing gits who sits behind me.

You have to laugh though - bless him!

I'm not the most positive poster in the world, but this is far too hasty. We're still in the top 6, we're just out of form. So much left to play for, and if we can return to the form of the side that demolished WBA, beat United and narrowly lost to Chelsea we'll do fine. 

24 minutes ago, superzak said:

Hopefully Lampard wont get a second season

Oh yes perfect. Let's go down that line again. Get rid of a manager either half way through the season or after just one. Because that has worked so well hasn't it.

I tell you what, if you are not happy just take the Brian Clough way and take your support/misery elsewhere 

After reading some of the posts on this thread, I honestly despair!  Perhaps some people would be happier if we bring back Snakey with his special brand of trainers.  FFS, will some of you just get a grip, or better still, go and post on your own teams forums!

Huddlestone, Marriott and Waghorn are the only three who can hold the ball up under pressure.

The rest get outmuscled and overrun.

We look like a five-a-side, no contact team.

Not saying we are rubbish - far from it.

Exciting but a bit lightweight.

Need a few more men to complement the skilful but mercurial boys.

We wanted excitement not Rowett-ball.

Today showed the downside of that but the commentators agreed it was exciting.

Archived