V Sheffield United (a) match day thread

RiddingsRam

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

He was at Cov 7/8 years ago, winning Player of the Year and Players Player of the Year. Playing really well which was the reason Nigel shelled out a considerable amount of his budget on him. 

If we're going to have a go at him let's stop making up crap just to fit an argument. 

Don't mention Republic of Ireland either. 

Bristol is the real proving grounds

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is like Groundhog Day on here when we lose.

I agree that everybody is entitled to their opinion but, for me, anyone who has come on here and think Keogh is the first port of call for criticism on the back of yesterday's game, I can't honestly believe that they've even watched the game.

That defensive display from Tomori yesterday will be as bad a performance that you will see all season. The full backs inability to stop crosses is awful. Yet people come on here slating Keogh. I'm honestly lost for words with anyone that lays the blame for any of the goals at Keoghs door.

Haters gonna hate though I suppose.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

It really is like Groundhog Day on here when we lose.

I agree that everybody is entitled to their opinion but, for me, anyone who has come on here and think Keogh is the first port of call for criticism on the back of yesterday's game, I can't honestly believe that they've even watched the game.

That defensive display from Tomori yesterday will be as bad a performance that you will see all season. The full backs inability to stop crosses is awful. Yet people come on here slating Keogh. I'm honestly lost for words with anyone that lays the blame for any of the goals at Keoghs door.

Haters gonna hate though I suppose.

Keogh yesterday was the only One to come out the game with a bit of credit  ,  he also looked the most likely to create something the other end which is slightly worrying bearing in mind the talent we have in midfield.

Keogh is the easiest to criticise for supporters that know very little about football , unfortunately Derby seem to have a lot of supporters who trust their own ablitily over football managers,otherwise known as PlayStation managers.

48 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Keogh yesterday was the only One to come out the game with a bit of credit  ,  he also looked the most likely to create something the other end which is slightly worrying bearing in mind the talent we have in midfield.

Keogh is the easiest to criticise for supporters that know very little about football , unfortunately Derby seem to have a lot of supporters who trust their own ablitily over football managers,otherwise known as PlayStation managers.

Please check their 1st goal, who’s the CB getting dragged out wide and out of position,  leaving a big gap in the middle. Check the 2nd goal out, Mcgoldrick played onside by guess who?!?! 3rd goal, who was he marking, the blokes in no mans land ? Please let me know what part of this is having a good game. 

I dont know anything about football though (only been watching it 37 years) so could be wrong. 

Can we please stop this "anyone who criticises Keogh knows nothing about football" narrative.

The guy wears his heart on his sleeve, is good at carrying it out of defence and is brave enough to keep trying to do that even when not playing very well. But, he is poor positionally, prone to errors and can be bullied by big bar steward strikers.

This is not new, he's been the same for the last 10 years. It won't change. He looks good with a good partner (Davies last season) and a good full back alongside him. We don't have those currently.

21 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Please check their 1st goal, who’s the CB getting dragged out wide and out of position,  leaving a big gap in the middle. Check the 2nd goal out, Mcgoldrick played onside by guess who?!?! 3rd goal, who was he marking, the blokes in no mans land ? Please let me know what part of this is having a good game. 

I dont know anything about football though (only been watching it 37 years) so could be wrong. 

First  goal Sharp beats Tomori who only ever jumps from the neck up.

Second goal it's Tomori again who is caught out of position.

Third goal just check Wisdom out. The only real time it was obvious he was out of his normal position but where he looks totally lost.

I thought Keogh did okay right up until the nonsense which followed our goal.

He was rattled and started over-hitting passes and trying to cause trouble. A man of his experience should know better.

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Goal 1 - Wilson didn’t track the run from the fullback(?) who crossed in, he tries to catch up to block but it’s too late. Keogh followed the forward who came short. Tomori stood still to give Sharp the free header. Verdict: Keogh did nothing wrong.

Goal 2 - Poor header by Huddlestone straight onto the head of their mid, ball loops over our defence as Tomori lets McGoldrick get the wrong side of him. Carson rushes out too soon and gets lobbed. Keogh not at fault. 

Goal 3 - freekick goes into the back post. Mount doesn’t follow his runner who has a free header. Bogle and Keogh lose their men at the far post. Keogh’s man has a free header and scores. Verdict: Keogh partially at fault

43 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

You also forgot to mention that he has yet to provide an alibi for where he was on the day JFK was assassinated.

39 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

He looks good with a good partner (Davies last season) and a good full back alongside him. We don't have those currently.

Which makes it even more remarkable that we have the joint 6th best defence in the division! 

Something doesn’t quite add up.

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You also forgot to mention that he has yet to provide an alibi for where he was on the day JFK was assassinated.

I think he was at fault, my opinion no need to be a sarky t@at 

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I think he was at fault, my opinion no need to be a sarky t@at 

Lighten up a bit...it's called a joke ?

Do you seriously think he was at fault for all 3 goals or have you just looked at the highlights and tried to pick out something to blame him for?

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

The blame game is very easy just pick a player and off you go - check the first goal who's the goalie that didn't save it ,check the second goal who's arms aren't long enough,check the third goal who doesn't run round the front of bogle and catch the ball before he heads it into his own net. ( i don't actually blame SC ) 

28 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Lighten up a bit...it's called a joke ?

Do you seriously think he was at fault for all 3 goals or have you just looked at the highlights and tried to pick out something to blame him for?

No I seriously think he had a hand to play in all 3 goals. His defensive positioning is awful and he exposes his team mates, thus is evident in all 3 goals. 

5 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

The blame game is very easy just pick a player and off you go - check the first goal who's the goalie that didn't save it ,check the second goal who's arms aren't long enough,check the third goal who doesn't run round the front of bogle and catch the ball before he heads it into his own net. ( i don't actually blame SC ) 

Carson is not completely blameless either. Let’s hope they get it sorted ??

Archived