Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

If you haven’t shot someone with an air rifle you haven’t lived!?

I have! With a Webley Junior.

It was so weak I was surprised the pellet reached the end of the barrel but it still hurt apparently!

He forgave me........eventually!

It couldn’t break a jamjar yet bust a lamppost glass easily enough.

I haven’t got an air rifle anymore. Unlike my bruv!

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

I would suggest all you doubters should read the article in DET  quoting managers who Cole has played for,they are in a better position to judge him as a paper rather some news paper hack only interested in a sensational headline or the fireside critics  judging him solely on the date on  his birth certificate

I doubt many managers really care what their players do as long as they perform on the field.

I don't need his managers to tell me he ALLEGEDLY shot a student with an air rifle (an accusation that I'm not aware of him challenging)

I don't need his managers to tell me that he was ALLEGEDLY cheating on his wife on a regular basis (an accusation that I'm not aware of him challenging)

I don't need his managers to tell me that he referred to The FA as a bunch of twits on Twitter, not something I disagree with but not something you would expect from a role model.

I don't need his managers to tell me that he ALLEGEDLY jumped ship because he was horrified to be offered only £55,000 per week.

If he performs on the field I'm sure all of this will be forgotten, however, does not mean I have to like him as a person.

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I doubt many managers really care what their players do as long as they perform on the field.

I don't need his managers to tell me he ALLEGEDLY shot a student with an air rifle (an accusation that I'm not aware of him challenging)

I don't need his managers to tell me that he was ALLEGEDLY cheating on his wife on a regular basis (an accusation that I'm not aware of him challenging)

I don't need his managers to tell me that he referred to The FA as a bunch of twits on Twitter, not something I disagree with but not something you would expect from a role model.

I don't need his managers to tell me that he ALLEGEDLY jumped ship because he was horrified to be offered only £55,000 per week.

If he performs on the field I'm sure all of this will be forgotten, however, does not mean I have to like him as a person.

So in 20 years of his professional career, you can find 4 incidents that leave you to believe him to be a knob. One of which is that he moved for more money, shock horror, footballer moves for more money wow, I take it you think the same of any player that moves.

Another, which you fail to mention he apologised for, was because the the FA had criticised him as part of the JT enquires, yes real bad thing to do that, sticking up for yourself.

What he does in his personal life is, as it should be personal, not sure why him cheating on his wife is even worthy of making it to the papers, a role model isn’t someone who has to live his life as a saint, reiterating these allegations just fuel these journalists who make peoples life’s a misery.

ill give you the air rifle one.

36 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

So in 20 years of his professional career, you can find 4 incidents that leave you to believe him to be a knob. One of which is that he moved for more money, shock horror, footballer moves for more money wow, I take it you think the same of any player that moves.

Another, which you fail to mention he apologised for, was because the the FA had criticised him as part of the JT enquires, yes real bad thing to do that, sticking up for yourself.

What he does in his personal life is, as it should be personal, not sure why him cheating on his wife is even worthy of making it to the papers, a role model isn’t someone who has to live his life as a saint, reiterating these allegations just fuel these journalists who make peoples life’s a misery.

ill give you the air rifle one.

Didn't even need to go to the trouble to find 4 things, any one of them in isolation would make me think he's a knob.

What he does in his personal life is nothing to do with his football life, hence why I said I will support him as a DCFC player. Does not stop me from having an opinion on him as a person does it? 

After all the media treatment of Sterling, I'm re-evaluating what I thought of the likes of Cole, plus the likes of Terry and Rooney.

Non-sports media are scum and they love to pick people to attack. Rich black players are ideal, likewise player's from poor background who may not be brilliant and public speaking. If you get both, like Sterling, that's ideal.

From within football, you hardly ever heard a bad word about Cole and Terry. I'm sure Lamps started off getting loads of negative media, but been polite and good looking helped him.

If you want role models, go see a priest. Ahem.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Didn't even need to go to the trouble to find 4 things, any one of them in isolation would make me think he's a knob.

What he does in his personal life is nothing to do with his football life, hence why I said I will support him as a DCFC player. Does not stop me from having an opinion on him as a person does it? 

Nope, however if you are going to share that opinion on a public forum, then I’m sure you would agree it doesn’t stop people challenging that view and also forming an opinion of the poster based upon said opinion ?

21 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Nope, however if you are going to share that opinion on a public forum, then I’m sure you would agree it doesn’t stop people challenging that view and also forming an opinion of the poster based upon said opinion ?

Just the same as Ashley Cole doesn't give a poo about my opinion of him...

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sorry i am being stupid with this being a football forum i stupidly thought we had signed him to play football

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think you might be over analysing this G Star.  

You might not get the opportunity to decide whether you like him as a person or not (nor he you), cos you'll probably never even meet him - on the basis that you're probably a pleasant guy willing to judge people on merit on meeting them and knowing them rather than thinking you know them through what other people have written or said.  

But there's me over analysing

On 21/01/2019 at 18:38, B4ev6is said:

I am not convinced by ashley cole on 15k a week could been spemt else were.

It’s hust occurred to me, even if it was as much as £15k per week, over 6 months that’s only £360k. That’s not even close to a barker type fee. Name me a better left back we could get for £360k. 

5 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s hust occurred to me, even if it was as much as £15k per week, over 6 months that’s only £360k. That’s not even close to a barker type fee. Name me a better left back we could get for £360k. 

Actually wouldn't even be £360k - If we got someone in on 1/3rd of the wages we'd only be able to pay £240k fee for them

So - Probably pick up someone from League 2? Or maybe get a bargain in the Bolton fire-sale which is likely soon?

"EFL clubs can still sign free agents as long as they left their previous club before the end of the summer window in August".

The above is posted on the bbc website under the January transfer window. Does it mean signing free agents from 1st sept to 31st Dec? Or signing free agents from 31st Aug until 30th June?

If he left LA Gal in October thats after the August deadline. 

8 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

"EFL clubs can still sign free agents as long as they left their previous club before the end of the summer window in August".

The above is posted on the bbc website under the January transfer window. Does it mean signing free agents from 1st sept to 31st Dec? Or signing free agents from 31st Aug until 30th June?

If he left LA Gal in October thats after the August deadline. 

I think it means that you can sign a free agent at any time, so long as they were a free agent when the previous window closed. As the window is currently open it doesn't matter when Cole became a free agent.

Archived