Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well he would be, he was a professional footballer and is therefore in a reasonable position to comment on such things.

More to the point, he would be as he himself is a massive arrogant idiot, who hides behind being ‘secret’ because a bang average journeyman wouldn’t sell books, or get away with telling the stories he does! 

My overriding memory of Cole is watching Sky footage of one of our games against Chelsea in the cup. He chatted individually to all of the mascots / kids milling around in the tunnel pre game while others from both sets of teams ignored them. 

Good signing for me. A friend of mine bumped into him at a water park and then in a hotel in Dubai in 2006. Said what a good bloke he was, when he saw him in the hotel lobby (apparently was waiting for Chezza to get ready) sat and bought him a drink and chatted football for a fair while. My mate said he was surprised how much interest Cole showed in him when he always had the impression he was self indulgent. 

He's very shouty Ashley Cole is. When he's chasing attackers he barks at them in a loud high pitched "oi oi ay ay oi oi arghhhhh" kind of thing like some kind of rabid terrier.

They don't like it these attackers. They don't like being shouted at.

You listen at Pride Park - you'll hear him.

Just now, Parsnip said:

He's very shouty Ashley Cole is. When he's chasing attackers he barks at them in a loud high pitched "oi oi ay ay oi oi arghhhhh" kind of thing like some kind of rabid terrier.

giphy.gif

The aging Stephen Warnock turned out to be pretty sound. Given that Ashley is a level above and some, then for 6 months I am flipping delighted by the skill and experience he will bring. If you’re going to sign an aging Veteran then why not sign the best of a generation. 

I can't wait to see him play.

I think Cole will be asked to sit and defend protecting the left side and giving us almost a back 3.  This will allow Bogle to get further forward.  A bit like Wisdom and Forsyth during the good season.

It's also nice knowing that if Cole does venture forward he isn't too bad at crossing either.

I do think he's a player that people love to hate but i quite like having those players on our team. He'll get other fans worked up over nothing, which should get our fans fired up and create a good atmosphere. Kinda of like Savage but hopefully miles better.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

I'm confused as to why there is negativity to this signing? His personality? I've never heard of any players or managers having a problem with him. As far as I'm aware he's a very serious footballer and a true professional.

Is it because he left Arsenal for more money? Obviously at the time I was very hurt and upset but the passing years have healed my pain.

Is it because he cheated on his wife 15 years ago? Who's business is that? And who amongst us can honestly say we've never done the same? That's right, none.

In 6 weeks we'll all be saying Ashley is the best left back in the Championship.

You mark my turds.

She deserves it for that absolutely gash arse tattoo...  It's like slapping a F**est sticker on the Mona Lisa!!!

I find it hard to fathom why people aren't happy about us signing the most complete left back this country's ever produced simply because he's a little on the old side (nobody gave Giggs poo when he played til he was 40) and he's perceived to be arrogant.  I couldn't care less, he's the only fullback ever to consistently shackle Ronaldo, I think he'll be ok coming up against the likes of Callum McManaman...

45 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

It’ll probably be quiet enough!

31 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

She deserves it for that absolutely gash arse tattoo...  It's like slapping a F**est sticker on the Mona Lisa!!!

I find it hard to fathom why people aren't happy about us signing the most complete left back this country's ever produced simply because he's a little on the old side (nobody gave Giggs poo when he played til he was 40) and he's perceived to be arrogant.  I couldn't care less, he's the only fullback ever to consistently shackle Ronaldo, I think he'll be ok coming up against the likes of Callum McManaman...

He can handle Ronaldo, true. But there was that one time in the mls recently where Jonny Russel turned him inside out. That was quite sweet. I’ll put that down to Jonny’s brilliance though, and give Ashley a pass on that one. 

Archived