Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see if he's here as cover or a starter, either way, if he retains any of the ability he once had, I think it's a decent signing. 

Really think I will struggle to warm to him as a person though as he comes across as a complete arrogant knob and always has.

He was always one of my favourite England players but I still could not bring myself to like him as a person.

2 things I noticed from his interview, he was referring to his manager as Frank or Lamps, don't like that, he should be manager or gaffer the same as all of the squad call him. Secondly claims to have followed Derby and then refers to Max Lowe as 'the young lad' or something.

Pretty sure I'm over analysing all of this ?

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Will be interesting to see if he's here as cover or a starter, either way, if he retains any of the ability he once had, I think it's a decent signing. 

Really think I will struggle to warm to him as a person though as he comes across as a complete arrogant knob and always has.

He was always one of my favourite England players but I still could not bring myself to like him as a person.

2 things I noticed from his interview, he was referring to his manager as Frank or Lamps, don't like that, he should be manager or gaffer the same as all of the squad call him. Secondly claims to have followed Derby and then refers to Max Lowe as 'the young lad' or something.

Lets face it at 38, he could have been talking about any of our current squad

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He also said "this interview is the last time I'll be calling him Frank", or something to that effect. 

Secondly, "following Derby" could just mean looking out for scores and watching games when they're on, doesn't mean Max Lowe's name is at the forefront of his mind - he barely turned up in the one league game he was in ? 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He also said "this interview is the last time I'll be calling him Frank", or something to that effect. 

Secondly, "following Derby" could just mean looking out for scores and watching games when they're on, doesn't mean Max Lowe's name is at the forefront of his mind - he barely turned up in the one league game he was in ? 

Yeah fair comment. 

Got a preconceived idea that he's a knob and probably just looking for things to back it up! 

Also currently reading one of The Secret Footballer books where he refers to Cole as an arrogant idiot or something along them lines. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah fair comment. 

Got a preconceived idea that he's a knob and probably just looking for things to back it up! 

Also currently reading one of The Secret Footballer books where he refers to Cole as an arrogant idiot or something along them lines. 

The ‘Secret Footballer’ who I will refer to as Kave Ditson, is probably the expert on being an arrogant idiot

I'm confused as to why there is negativity to this signing? His personality? I've never heard of any players or managers having a problem with him. As far as I'm aware he's a very serious footballer and a true professional.

Is it because he left Arsenal for more money? Obviously at the time I was very hurt and upset but the passing years have healed my pain.

Is it because he cheated on his wife 15 years ago? Who's business is that? And who amongst us can honestly say we've never done the same? That's right, none.

In 6 weeks we'll all be saying Ashley is the best left back in the Championship.

You mark my turds.

Archived