v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite possibly the laziest & worst half ive seen Bryson play in a Derby shirt, been an absolute passenger. Bogle's positioning is awful, knew he would get caught out again.

Way too slow when passing the ball, pointless long balls which suit Stoke, need to get it down and pass it with purpose, we havent given Marriott a sniff. Lawrence & Mount bright but thats about it.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Unpopular opinion: Carson is a super overrated goal keeper. His distribution is crap and today he should have easily saved the shot he let in. I despise Stoke, Ince is a cheating twit, and the rest of them are content kicking lumps out of us. That being said, we've been really poor in midfield. Bryson and Johnson have both been subpar, I'd be tempted to put Hudds on at half time.

Controversial but I agree to a certain extent because he doesn’t come off his line quick enough. We won’t get anyone better at this level though but *if* we were promoted, it would be a position I’d like to improve. 

Huddlestone and Flo Jo on second half, let’s inject some pace and creativity 

these are hopeless poohouses, think Franks gotnhisntactics wrong tonight we should have gone for pace and tried to play round stoke 

instead we’ve gone like for like and tried to match them for power and played right into their hands 

let them worry about us!

We are playing like we were a few months ago and Lampard seems to have made the same mistakes with players’ positions in this particular game. Wilson at rw, johnson at cdm, a very open midfield. 

Waghorn is very underrated with his defensive work. I’d bring him on for Bryson and move Lawrence into a more central position as he’s been our most  threatening player

Again were pretty poor all over the park,this cannot continue we got out of jail on Saturday, me thinks even down to ten men Stoke are a big aggressive side who are going to make this very difficult,we need a new approach lets stop letting in silly goals and go from there,we are far to open

Crying out now for Huddlestone who should get a bit more time on the ball

Bryson and Johnson need to wake up. This ain’t the park on a Sunday with the kids. Now Tomori is on he’s making passes quicker. Malone scares me defensively. Trying to trust him but his reckless spider limbs just scare me. 

Rowett and Stoke fans defending that tackle on Keogh... lol. 

1 minute ago, Kinder said:

How are they just talking about Johnson potentially biting Allen on Sky, but they haven’t mentioned the massive bite mark on Johnson’s neck?  No way can Bradley get done and not Allen.

To be fair, from the TV I've seen, Johnson is the only one that *appears* to have bitten, and Sky are claiming that Allen has directly accused him of biting, nothing thus far to suggest that Johnson was bitten in retaliation.

Archived